• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this new?!?!?!?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I decide to go tame and release Cus. I have done this a lot in the past but it been a while since i have done it. Today I notice the cu are not dropping the blue bag with aids in them.

So is this new or did i miss something.. The jury is out about if this is good or bad. I like no bag lag but do miss the free aids.

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A few months ago they changed the code that allowed you to drop comm crystals onto pets and make them talk. I guess some people used it to xshard masteries and other shard bound items.

That caused the Cu's to no longer drop a bag.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few months ago they changed the code that allowed you to drop comm crystals onto pets and make them talk. I guess some people used it to xshard masteries and other shard bound items.

@Manfred

I do not see how, dropping a comm crystal onto a pet would have made the pet talk..... furthermore, I do not quite follow how, doing that, permitted to xshard masteries or other shard bound items....

People dropped shard bound items onto their CU, took it to another Shard and then released it/killed to collect the shard bound item ?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Unbelievable sneakiness of the human brain!! WOW!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is unconfirmed. Mervyn speculated they could do that but when he tried the contents of the pet were gone.

The devs changed it based on his speculation but that never happened.

Dont fall for :fake:.

Manfred

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Which never happened?

People didn't drop comm crystals on certain pets and speak through them?

Or the xsharding of shard bound items thing?

Genuinely asking, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I had read someone speculating and recalled it as a spoken fact.

Edit: I see now you aren't responding to popps. So the Devs really changed it based on someone speculating but not able to reproduce? Did he use a shard shield token or a real token I wonder. A real token would let you have followers during the xfer if I remember correctly. Been years since I've used anything but a shield. Moot now I suppose.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which never happened?

People didn't drop comm crystals on certain pets and speak through them?

Or the xsharding of shard bound items thing?

Genuinely asking, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I had read someone speculating and recalled it as a spoken fact.

Edit: I see now you aren't responding to popps. So the Devs really changed it based on someone speculating but not able to reproduce? Did he use a shard shield token or a real token I wonder. A real token would let you have followers during the xfer if I remember correctly. Been years since I've used anything but a shield. Moot now I suppose.
Used shield transfer. Either way, pets and players are rebuilt when you transfer so I doubt they would recreate the stuff in the pets tummy. hehe

Also he tried a TC copy. The items were not on the pet when he arrived.

And Mervyn did say he could not get the items to actually be taken to another shard. He speculated someone else possibly could do it. Was in the Bug area on the UO forums.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did he try it while the pet was stabled?

Could you stable a Cu with a com crystal on it?

I don't know never did any of that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did he try it while the pet was stabled?

Could you stable a Cu with a com crystal on it?

I don't know never did any of that.
The pet can be stabled while stuff is in the belly. But if the pet died, they would not eat random stuff again and the stuff inside would go poof.

The contents of the belly would not transfer to a shard or TC.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I am bit a confused by this cause I have accidentally dropped all kinds of stuff on my pre-patch Cu. (a lot acutally) I always get "Pet looks at you strangely and shakes its head." Granted my Cu dies from time to time (OK he dies a lot). If my cu ever ate anything, i did not realize it.

Was this only stuff like p-scrolls and masteries? Since pets can actually use these items? It seems silly to worry about p-scrolls since they can already be x-sharded as for the masteries. I guess it could cause a influx of masteries on to Atl. Not like peeps don't have other ways of getting/using masteries on other shards.

It seems silly to worry about a "possible" exploit that not event confirmed and not deal with ones you already know about and that are causing issues.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it was possible you probably had to put it inside a bag inside a locked box inside a cabinet then in the pet do a fire dance and hope.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was possible you probably had to put it inside a bag inside a locked box inside a cabinet then in the pet do a fire dance and hope.
LOL, Which goes back my thought of why are the devs worrying about a what-if scenario instead of real exploit scenarios. I feel thick when i try to wrap my mind around this possibility. I can't really imagine this working expect maybe with a WW since they already eat gold. (i believe this was an Easter egg)

Seems to me someine putting the dev team on a false trail to keep them off a real exploit. (just my 2 cents)