• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone lost a character..... and got it back?

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The account had a character in the top slot and upon reactivation all the character are shifted up one.

The character was not accidentally deleted.
No one else has access to account (or email or computer etc)

And if you did, were you able to retrieve it?

I wonder if a character can be invisible on the character list, but actually exist on the UO side?

I don't think an in game GM can help, but maybe an email to customer service?

yes I know the chances are -99.9999 +00001. :)

lost stuff....blah blah... can't help you...blah blah...

HiThanks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I haven't played in a few years and came back to see three of my characters on Lake Austin bugged or corrupted:

upload_2019-4-28_22-22-19.png

I submitted both an in-game ticket and email ticket to [email protected] and each told me to send a ticket to the other and they couldn't help me.

I hate to say it but the customer service in UO is probably a thing of the past.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say to contact messanna directly. Her team will have access to your characters. I don't think EA is going to be much help. From the looks of it, it's not good but it's probably fixable.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@HiThanks those names look exactly like the names of scripters/gold farmers that you see in other games, just random letters, we used to see whole groups of almost exactly those names running around in ESO farming resources. I hope you changed your password when you got back into your account.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Gidge you might have transfered that char to some other shard.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a limit to how many characters show up when you change an existing account to Endless Journey?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't played in a few years and came back to see three of my characters on Lake Austin bugged or corrupted:

View attachment 97335

I submitted both an in-game ticket and email ticket to [email protected] and each told me to send a ticket to the other and they couldn't help me.

I hate to say it but the customer service in UO is probably a thing of the past.
Wow, how old is that client you're using there, or how old is that picture ?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@HiThanks those names look exactly like the names of scripters/gold farmers that you see in other games, just random letters, we used to see whole groups of almost exactly those names running around in ESO farming resources. I hope you changed your password when you got back into your account.
I’m with ShriNayne here, those are finger roll names one started on s the other d. Looks like you got hacked. Did you check everything to see if you are missing anything?

HiThanks

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I’m with ShriNayne here, those are finger roll names one started on s the other d. Looks like you got hacked. Did you check everything to see if you are missing anything?
Well, the characters names and skills were reset and they only have items that a brand new character would have "Books, robe, etc". I know one of the characters was my main a tamer, and I only know that because it still has the same look it had and it was logged out in the same place I was. I would think if I were hacked, they did a bad job because the other two characters have all of their stuff, and my characters on other shards were fine too.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the characters names and skills were reset and they only have items that a brand new character would have "Books, robe, etc". I know one of the characters was my main a tamer, and I only know that because it still has the same look it had and it was logged out in the same place I was. I would think if I were hacked, they did a bad job because the other two characters have all of their stuff, and my characters on other shards were fine too.
Check to see if you have any characters on shards you never had before. that will be the telling thing.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hmmm, interesting.

i was gonna weigh in and say ive had it happen where a character disappeared for a day but came back but i think that was due to the '7th character' add on getting triggered for some reason, but what the OP is describing is something totally different and new.
it truly does sound like your characters where deleted by the game and replaced with new ones.

i would submit this directly to the high command, sounds like some of the twine and duct tape they removed and replaced with bubble gun and tin foil might have caused a issue somewhere in the matrix.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lose that damn Pirate Rope in my backpack when I cross server lines!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow... things like this are why UO loses nearly all returning players. When there are only two official places to ask for help and they both just endlessly send people to the other one like they always seem to do, most non-addicted people will just give up and pick another game. I really don't understand the difficulty in coordinating who handles what when there are only two groups.

That's what I was thinking too. It's a pretty common tactic for professional scripters to harvest dead accounts and reactivate them, it causes the account to look more like a real player so makes the GM's more hesitant to ban them, which lets the scripter use the accounts longer than brand new ones could be used. Then they just ditch it at some point before it racks up enough GM discipline to get banned with all their stuff still on it.

The characters being in the same spot with the same look and items is really weird though. Maybe the scripter used name change tokens on it preparing for something and then forgot about the account completely before doing anything.