• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hovering Wisp recipe

Ivory Norwind

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one of this but i don't know how can I use it. I have a char with 100 alchemy but it doesn't work. I've searched on the guide but i don't try anything about it. Can someone help me? Tia :)

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have one of this but i don't know how can I use it. I have a char with 100 alchemy but it doesn't work. I've searched on the guide but i don't try anything about it. Can someone help me? Tia :)
It is an alchemy recipe, you have the required skill but you also need the ingredient Capture Essence. The Wisp takes four capture essences to make and its a holy pain to make. You'll fail a few times before you make one. Capture Essence is obtained from the corpses of shimmering effusions in the Prism of Light Dungeon. I hope this helps.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it didnt need a recipe anymore? Not sure where I heard that tho

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it didnt need a recipe anymore? Not sure where I heard that tho
I hadn't heard that, but why would they remove the recipe? It drops from a a Heartwood quest so that would bork up a quest, but its not like they haven't borked up quests before. :gee:
Come to think of it the recipe is obtainable from t map chests too.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The recipe was removed when the recipe books were introduced. For whatever reason, the books saw the Hovering Wisp and the Gingerbread Cookie as the same recipe. So they simply made the wisp available to everyone.

The recipe scrolls for it still exist, but they will turn into a cookie recipe if put in a book.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The recipe was removed when the recipe books were introduced. For whatever reason, the books saw the Hovering Wisp and the Gingerbread Cookie as the same recipe. So they simply made the wisp available to everyone.

The recipe scrolls for it still exist, but they will turn into a cookie recipe if put in a book.
Actually, I got one from a level 2 T-map on Lake Austin this week, and it refused to go into the recipe book.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually, I got one from a level 2 T-map on Lake Austin this week, and it refused to go into the recipe book.
That's a new change then...or it's a bugged scroll. Did you get a "That is not a recipe." system message? I have a kotl power coil scroll that won't go in my book.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The recipe is no longer needed and cannot be used. Hang onto it, though, as it is supposed to no longer be available. Apparently, they overlooked treasure loot when they deleted it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*facepalm* The Devs need additional programmers so they can do code review.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a master craftsman talisman with ingredient protection on it. Skill of talisman does not matter so you can buy any of them and make no problem.