• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Getting bad press on the Steam forums...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm certain that this person went to the Steam forums because they won't get any sympathy here. It doesn't look like they got any sympathy there either. If they really are being harassed, there are things that can be done, but Broadsword's policy states that if you are being harassed you are supposed to report and not retaliate. I forget where I read it but they have said that the majority of harassment complaints are ignored because the harassment goes both ways. This is probably the case if this story is even true, which I tend to doubt.

It's really sad that this person craves sympathy enough to do this. Perhaps they should stop playing video games and get a cat. :Begging:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never understood people getting angry over something said to or about them. Personally I've always found that laughing at them then ignoring them is the best course of action. Actually that works well in real life as well. Unless someone becomes a physical threat they nor their words are worth my time or consideration.

Secondly, there seems to be a large amount of information missing from that posters story. For starts why were their accounts banned? Surely not because they reported the "abuse".

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"My husband, son and I all share this account"

UO is not a right, EA can terminate an account for any reason. doesnt matter who is right who is wrong. if this were a "normal" game this persons account would be terminated simply for causing too many problems. plus you arent allowed to share accounts, thats also grounds for termination.

it looks like this person has some problems and is just posting anywhere for attention. i dont think the steam community will have much sympathy.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There a few that say some remarks at me in game and I block them if the language is XXX, or just ignore.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The OP states UO is getting bad press: no, that is one person making a baseless accusation in the corner of a room nobody visits or knows where it is.

Before we can eat, food needs to be prepared. Before we can prepare foods, we need actual victuals (not imaginary ones; unlike abstract concepts and principles, food preparation involves actual, physical items). That said, Where's the beef? And other pertinent questions: a) what was the nature of the harassment? and b) what was the nature of the termination? No information is provided for the above, just a nice little bow with a tag that reads: Trust Me.

lol

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is the OP of that story an actual grown up with children ?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks to be a non-story because it appears that the OP of the story is getting zero sympathy on the comments. I agree w/ everyone else and seems like a totally lopsided story. They tried to paint the picture that the offender was like following them around everywhere they went in the game harassing them. UO is so big that a simple recall completely removes you from the situation if you truly didn't want to be in it. I think this person just has WAY too much time on their hands and is overly sensitive... and apparently raising a future generation too :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm certain that this person went to the Steam forums because they won't get any sympathy here. It doesn't look like they got any sympathy there either. If they really are being harassed, there are things that can be done, but Broadsword's policy states that if you are being harassed you are supposed to report and not retaliate. I forget where I read it but they have said that the majority of harassment complaints are ignored because the harassment goes both ways. This is probably the case if this story is even true, which I tend to doubt.

It's really sad that this person craves sympathy enough to do this. Perhaps they should stop playing video games and get a cat. :Begging:
Why subject a cat to that?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i find it interesting that she has been playing for over 20 years but does not post on a UO dedicated forum.

i also find it interesting that she has been playing for over 20 years and has such thin skin when it comes to having problems with someone she met online.

if only we had more than one shard we could move to if things got bad in game.....
if only there was more than just one place to hunt at if we didnt want to run into someone we didnt like....
if only we had some sort of ignore button to block people we didnt like.....
oh wait.....

maybe we should have some sort of minimum requirement for mental status before allowing people to use the internet???
big questions are getting tossed around in the shadow of this ones failure to thrive as a productive member of the online community.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should have emailed Melania instead of the Washington Post.

Clearly there is more to this story. A lot of Drama I am missing.

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you've been playing for 20 years you should be able to handle some nerd rage :mad:.

There is enough empty spots to enjoy the game in these days.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— Honestly, this person and the situation they are trying to blow up shouldn’t be given ANY attention.

The Devs don’t ban accounts for no reason and if this person was telling the truth, they wouldn’t have been the ones banned from UO.

And their posts to other, nonUO websites to try and rile up support and attention just proves that their behavior IN UO was probably a million times worse and shows why they were the ones the Devs felt needed to go.

And to make it so public only harms all the rest of us players and the employees of UO/Broadsword/EA/Origin.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't look innocent to me at all.
At best, husband and son are screwing around on that account and she is facing the music, at worst, and I suspect so, she is equally involved in the scenario getting to that situation.
Like others have said, it doesn't even look like a genuine player - someone who is out to badmouth UO, or it is a Trammie for sure. ;)