• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Solo spawn template?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was thinking of mixed tamer sampire temps, I havent tried this yet, just brainstorming. Constructive criticism please!

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Swords
120 Tactics
100 Anat
100 Bush
60+ Chiv (with jewelry)

Was thinking this would have great offense abilities plus great AoE for spawns. 4/6 Chiv for healing, and a pet to tank. Any thoughts?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
was thinking a cu with heal and chiv, then use my chiv to top off, my tamer now rarely has to heal my cu with those.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if Bushido and Chiv would be enough to heal you in the spawn.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Skills Skill Points
  • Lore 120
  • Taming 120
  • Combat 120
  • Tact 120
  • Necro 60
  • SS 100
  • Resist 100
  • Chiv 60
800 Total, use Hunters headress then lrc stam pieces and you should be solid. You can use life leech on aoe weapon to heal yourself and then use curse weapon.. Wraith form will allow you to chain special moves, and use your pet as a tank..

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like this a lot, I'll try it.
Skills Skill Points
  • Lore 120
  • Taming 120
  • Combat 120
  • Tact 120
  • Necro 60
  • SS 100
  • Resist 100
  • Chiv 60
800 Total, use Hunters headress then lrc stam pieces and you should be solid. You can use life leech on aoe weapon to heal yourself and then use curse weapon.. Wraith form will allow you to chain special moves, and use your pet as a tank..
Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
resist is nice because once you get to more advanced spawns you will see alot of para spams and mana drains. You also might wanna look into imbued jewelry set like 10 ss, hci, and dual skill on each piece, that should get you 60 skill points, then stack DI on talismen cloak, gloves with 30 di... ideally you want to get a cameo set for each spawn, but you should be ok.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just play a sampire or a dragoon instead.
This template looks messy and not optimal to deal with massive spawn.
Nor to deal with the champs. Semidar will eat through your pet and then you are dead.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just play a sampire or a dragoon instead.
This template looks messy and not optimal to deal with massive spawn.
Nor to deal with the champs. Semidar will eat through your pet and then you are dead.
I think he is planning on using the mastery,
I'm thinking it could work with how beefed up pets are plus a magical short bow does a lot of damage in a spawn area. wtf is a Dragoon?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think he is planning on using the mastery,
I'm thinking it could work with how beefed up pets are plus a magical short bow does a lot of damage in a spawn area. wtf is a Dragoon?
Chiv/Bushido dexxer without necromancy. You use life leech on your weapon instead.
It can out damage a sampire by far.
And Semidar does 50% or more fire damage. Consume damage ain't going to save your pet there. Not against Rikkitor.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Chiv/Bushido dexxer without necromancy. You use life leech on your weapon instead.
It can out damage a sampire by far.
And Semidar does 50% or more fire damage. Consume damage ain't going to save your pet there. Not against Rikkitor.
whats the point of bushido? just for honor?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive also tried to look up some info on dragoon (i returned recently also). I see lots of stuff on gear choices, but lots of threads have different skills in the template. Can anyone chime in with an updated template or thread?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
whats the point of bushido? just for honor?
Honour, increased parry chance, confidence which goes well with parry, evasion which goes with parry, you also gain back hp, mana and stamina after killing an enemy you honoured. The amount depends on the perfection level you achieved.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looking through this thread brought up a question for me. Does Vampiric Embrace stack with Hit Life Leech on weapons? I think it does, but now I am wondering. Thanks

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido also gives increased damage when you use Whirlwind.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
My favourite is this:

110 Tame
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Swords (if human), 120 Mace (if gargoyle)
90 Tactics
90 Chiv
100 Necro

4/6 Chiv, Vamp Form, Vet, Tamer. You sit under pet Vetting and Whirlwinding with Hit Area.

You don't need Bush/Parry on a Tamer as the pet can be used as a shield very easily with correct positioning.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I solo champ spawns with the following template.

taming 120
lore 110
vet 100
magery 100 (110 with a book)
med 100

I still have not figured out what I want to do with the other points.

I would not go with vet lower than 80 for sure.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

taming 120
lore 110
vet 100
med 100

Are you considering Spelweaving? only one 120 skill and with SW focus you can clear spawn, WOD near boss's end, plus gift of life and supports for your pet. You got only 530 skill point used so you can do lots of other things. You will still have 70 spare points to use.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you considering Spelweaving? only one 120 skill and with SW focus you can clear spawn, WOD near boss's end, plus gift of life and supports for your pet. You got only 530 skill point used so you can do lots of other things. You will still have 70 spare points to use.
I had came up with 3 choices.

weaving
music/peacing
hiding/stealth

I do like the weaving choice and I will have to work on my casting abilities. I don't do well as a mage.

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My tamer archer has been a great toon for running spawns. The armor is the trickiest part. Thankfully I have MR4 on most of my Stam 8+ pieces and I have to be careful with special moves while running consume. Boss selection is a bit trickier because I don’t run consume during the Champ fight so I can chain AI.
Works well but can be a pain to build correctly.
120 Taming
120 lore
80 anatomy (+10 from items)
80 healing (+15 from items)
85 Chivalry
115 archery (+5 from quiver)
120 tactics.

Have to be careful because of foregoing Resisting Spells, but I work around that my sticking to edging the spawn in instead of sitting in the middle.
Hit area repeating crossbows work rather well to clean up the spawn.

The other template is just a weaving tamer.
120 taming, lore , vet, magery, med, spellweaving.
Casting focus can come in handy, along with attunement to quickly wipe the lower spawns with thunderstorm and Essence of Wind. Then AE with GH or GOR works well to supplement Consume in keeping pets alive with the harder spawn. I’m used to vetting quite a bit in my play style but I suppose you could trade Eval if you want to further boost your sdi on the later rounds.

ronald

Visitor

taming 120
lore 110
vet 100
med 100

this i would like to see

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this i would like to see
Sure thing! I can copy to test or you can visit LS sometime? I don't have shields to visit other shards. My lore is now 120 though and have now added weaving. But I can do it without the weaving so you can see if you'd like?

ronald

Visitor
Sure thing! I can copy to test or you can visit LS sometime? I don't have shields to visit other shards. My lore is now 120 though and have now added weaving. But I can do it without the weaving so you can see if you'd like?
ok and how you do the lower spawn magic spels and mainly the pet?
what skills and abillety's u gave ur pet?
i can make a char there and come see (realy currius) :)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this i would like to see
I'm assuming he has eval as well, otherwise it would literally be one of the worst templates to use for a spawn. The pet would do 100% of the damage which is very time consuming.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok and how you do the lower spawn magic spels and mainly the pet?
what skills and abillety's u gave ur pet?
i can make a char there and come see (realy currius) :)
For my pet it is a simple chiv cu. It has goo too. I don't let it do anything until level 2. It only has 600 hit points. Then I don't kick consume on until level 3 if the cu gets overwhelmed on some spawns or until the boss pops on some.

I'm assuming he has eval as well, otherwise it would literally be one of the worst templates to use for a spawn. The pet would do 100% of the damage which is very time consuming.
I actually don't use magery as offense at all. I do not have eval at all. yes is is a horrible template and some do take a long time, but... I use spell weaving now for the first round and half of the second when the level gets sparse. Sometimes it is I using weaving and the cu.

yeah yeah, it's not about speed for me, it's just gettin' er dun!

I am sure there are some weavy and mage things I could do to speed it up, but I am happy. :) *note my avatar. :D

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For my pet it is a simple chiv cu. It has goo too. I don't let it do anything until level 2. It only has 600 hit points. Then I don't kick consume on until level 3 if the cu gets overwhelmed on some spawns or until the boss pops on some.

I actually don't use magery as offense at all. I do not have eval at all. yes is is a horrible template and some do take a long time, but... I use spell weaving now for the first round and half of the second when the level gets sparse. Sometimes it is I using weaving and the cu.

yeah yeah, it's not about speed for me, it's just gettin' er dun!

I am sure there are some weavy and mage things I could do to speed it up, but I am happy. :) *note my avatar. :D
Well I'm glad your using SW now, it must have reduced your time drastically? With just a pet it must have been an hour +

P. S. Try necro tamer (with or without SW), I've tried tamer bards, melee tamer, pure mage tamer, SW mage tamer, and necro tamer. The funnest IMO is necro. The survivability and damage with basic lrc suits and spellbooks is awesome. Just my 2c.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I'm glad your using SW now, it must have reduced your time drastically? With just a pet it must have been an hour +

P. S. Try necro tamer (with or without SW), I've tried tamer bards, melee tamer, pure mage tamer, SW mage tamer, and necro tamer. The funnest IMO is necro. The survivability and damage with basic lrc suits and spellbooks is awesome. Just my 2c.
I am wanting to make another tamer so I will test that out. My big thing is I am not good with remembering what spell to cast when and then putting the spellcasting into action because I fumble with my macros.

Oh and yes it has reduced the time from start to finish, but with the goo pet, it was doing a good job (I think?).

Last edited:

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am wanting to make another tamer so I will test that out. My big thing is I am not good with remembering what spell to cast when and then putting the spellcasting into action because I fumble with my macros.
That's the great part, you get in wraith form and pretty much cast wither til the boss pops. On piper you just corpse skin, strangle, and spam poison strike. It's quite simple and versatile. I never use consume at piper, which frees your mana up for damage, just wither the groups that spawn to replenish mana, no med needed. Tame lore necro ss then add what you like. I fumble macros all the time as well, that's why I don't use pots at all for pvm.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's the great part, you get in wraith form and pretty much cast wither til the boss pops. On piper you just corpse skin, strangle, and spam poison strike. It's quite simple and versatile. I never use consume at piper, which frees your mana up for damage, just wither the groups that spawn to replenish mana, no med needed. Tame lore necro ss then add what you like. I fumble macros all the time as well, that's why I don't use pots at all for pvm.
And what kind of pet? I don't mind being on foot.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And what kind of pet? I don't mind being on foot.
I use chiv AI or bush AI lesser hiryu for piper. Other bosses find they're lowest resist and adjust pet to it. Najas work well too with that high resist spell.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use chiv AI or bush AI lesser hiryu for piper. Other bosses find they're lowest resist and adjust pet to it. Najas work well too with that high resist spell.
Thank you so very much Xris. :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While hybrid templates can be fun, and sounds great on paper, and don't we all just love the pet revamp.
The sad truth is that any hybrid template with taming involved has 0 chance to compete with killspeed/survivability compared to a sampire or abc archer.
Any max scrolled pet simply can't kill spawn fast enough to be worth the effort.
In terms of numbers an decent ABC archer cost around 20mill to build compared to a max scrolled pet (350mill).
My advice is forget about tamers for spawns, build for efficiency aka kill speed, so u can kill the spawn+champ so fast that you won't get raided.
Else your'e just wasting your'e time.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While hybrid templates can be fun, and sounds great on paper, and don't we all just love the pet revamp.
The sad truth is that any hybrid template with taming involved has 0 chance to compete with killspeed/survivability compared to a sampire or abc archer.
Any max scrolled pet simply can't kill spawn fast enough to be worth the effort.
In terms of numbers an decent ABC archer cost around 20mill to build compared to a max scrolled pet (350mill).
My advice is forget about tamers for spawns, build for efficiency aka kill speed, so u can kill the spawn+champ so fast that you won't get raided.
I get bored of my sampire constantly. That's why I have 4 tamers and 1 sampire. I also have an ABC archer that I haven't logged in on in months. I'd say 75% of my scroll binders are from my necro tamer. Efficiency doesn't always equal fun.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wasting time getting powerscrolls. :D

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get bored of my sampire constantly. That's why I have 4 tamers and 1 sampire. I also have an ABC archer that I haven't logged in on in months. I'd say 75% of my scroll binders are from my necro tamer. Efficiency doesn't always equal fun.
I get bored of my tamer all the time, but that dosen't mean its a great idea to put tamin on my crafter and do spawns, even thou it might be fun :)
If you mainly do spawns with char X, then of cause u will be getting the majority of you're scrolls with char X, it dosen't mean you could't have gotten more by using a more optimized template for the same job.
Your'e logic is kinda flawed my friend.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I get bored of my tamer all the time, but that dosen't mean its a great idea to put tamin on my crafter and do spawns, even thou it might be fun :)
If you mainly do spawns with char X, then of cause u will be getting the majority of you're scrolls with char X, it dosen't mean you could't have gotten more by using a more optimized template for the same job.
Your'e logic is kinda flawed my friend.
The logic is I play what I find fun. If you play for other reasons that's on you.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The logic is I play what I find fun. If you play for other reasons that's on you.
I just want to say that I love this. Too many people treat this game like it's some kind of job and they have to be as efficient as possible. If more people has this attitude, our forums wouldn't be full of people whining about this or that.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever i do, and whenever i do it, will always be on me :)
If you define fun as spending 2x the time doing 1 spawn, that you could on any other template twice as fast, then you are begging to be raided. But hey that's fun :)
I really enjoy raiding tamers doing spawns, it's such a relief to hear them complaining in gen chat how much they need the ps'es for their pets, and how expensive scrolls are. and not to forget how long time it took them to do the spawn in the first place.
But hey i guess we define fun differently :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want to say that I love this. Too many people treat this game like it's some kind of job and they have to be as efficient as possible. If more people has this attitude, our forums wouldn't be full of people whining about this or that.
I think you are completely missing the point.
If you use a template that is slow at doing spawns in FEL, how big are the chances that you will be raided ?
Chances increase as time passes by. So please tell me the fun part in being raided and loose all your'e hard work, just because you weren't using the right template for the job ?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you are completely missing the point.
If you use a template that is slow at doing spawns in FEL, how big are the chances that you will be raided ?
Chances increase as time passes by. So please tell me the fun part in being raided and loose all your'e hard work, just because you weren't using the right template for the job ?
Getting raided is part of the experience. When I did champs on prodo shards I was always hoping to get raided. I would have my thief waiting outside, because stealing scrolls from raiders is way more fun than working spawn. So much so that I stopped playing any other character besides my thief. I like having fun, I don't care about efficiency of templates or large piles of gold.