• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Sea Slug no Chivalry?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Sea Slug aka Triton....I was looking at this thing on Test and noticed No Chivalry and No Necromancy. Did the Devs give a reason for this?

Sweetpeez

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
meez jus popped one on da test - it had da Chivalry. Dun tink demz eber had da necro.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a bug that causes the chiv selection to be missing. Put chiv in the plan and then it will appear.

Most pets have no necro as a choice.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have a picture of these things? Classic better.

I saw a really oddball looking pet... and soon as I could get to my tamer, it and the owner were gone.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have a picture of these things? Classic better.

I saw a really oddball looking pet... and soon as I could get to my tamer, it and the owner were gone.
Apparently, you missed the 10,000,000,000 comments indicating that you could get one, AND TEST one, on TC. Which, would ALSO give YOU a picture of one!

Anyway, it's academic, considering there is no definitive answer as to, IF/WHEN we will get them, and how many doubloons they will cost. They SHOULD have been released when the publish went live. Not doing so, IN MY OPINION, is VERY disrespectful to those of us who tested them, and gave feedback, on TC. @Bleak @Kyronix

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently, you missed the 10,000,000,000 comments indicating that you could get one, AND TEST one, on TC. Which, would ALSO give YOU a picture of one!
Oddly enough, I have way too much work on my table to waste time on test shards... BUT even then, I'm not off hunting for rubbish I cant keep.

Just amazing how people rip in to someone vs. just posting a picture or URL.

I have asked around about what I saw and no one can tell me one way or the other... so what.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oddly enough, I have way too much work on my table to waste time on test shards... BUT even then, I'm not off hunting for rubbish I cant keep.

I have asked around about what I saw and no one can tell me one way or the other... so what.
Learn to do things yourself, instead of asking/wanting others to do it for you. Just a thought. :)

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Anyway, it's academic, considering there is no definitive answer as to, IF/WHEN we will get them, and how many doubloons they will cost. They SHOULD have been released when the publish went live. Not doing so, IN MY OPINION, is VERY disrespectful to those of us who tested them, and gave feedback, on TC. @Bleak @Kyronix
I hope your not posting this at me. I did go to test. Took it from 2 slots to 5 slots. Never was given the option for Chivalry hence the question. I never asked for a picture. If it was aimed at me:twak: :sword::pie:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope your not posting this at me. I did go to test. Took it from 2 slots to 5 slots. Never was given the option for Chivalry hence the question. I never asked for a picture. If it was aimed at me:twak: :sword::pie:
Why would you think I posted at you? Look at who's post I quoted. :facepalm:

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Welp, I would suggest making time if you wish to see one up close and personal. I personally would not want one. My choice. But going to TC and getting one is not that much hassle, is it? Really?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

It looks like an elongated, ugly looking salamander, bluish-green in color, with a roundish face, no teeth and just two front legs, no hind legs. Not too pretty and of course not rideable. Also looks like it may have some tiny scales. Looks like a remastered Lava Elemental of sorts only with different color! I hope it does not cost a bazillion doublouns..

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It looks like an elongated, ugly looking salamander, bluish-green in color, with a roundish face, no teeth and just two front legs, no hind legs. Not too pretty and of course not rideable. Also looks like it may have some tiny scales. Looks like a remastered Lava Elemental of sorts only with different color! I hope it does not cost a bazillion doublouns..
Sure it will only be half a bazillion.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its the bug. No toon on my accounts could get one that would have chivalry as a choice. I have no idea how to give info to fix this. But at least when you put it on the plan and then go back you can then choose it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are people commanding their pets before adding chivalry? Tested this with multiple tamers multiple karma values and we could not replicate this at all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are people commanding their pets before adding chivalry? Tested this with multiple tamers multiple karma values and we could not replicate this at all.
You have to make them follow you through the gate. I click pet then me. No macros there.

I have more than one me there. Still same last I tried.

Since if someone gives me one and I still cant add chiv then I guess its the toon.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
FYI I sure as hell hope that the actual pet isn't a statuette... as 99% of them are bugged and as you know many statuette pets vanish still... they have NEVER fixed that bug... I can't tell you how many people have had their paroxy's despawn from bugs, I have lost 1 and one of those necro mares... I hate using them... I'm always afraid it'll bug out and vanish...

Either they need to fix that bug or do something to keep these pets from being despawned...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The benefit of the Triton being a Statuette pet, is that it won't lose 10% of it's skills upon tame. It can have up to 130 Wrest and 190 Resist after being claimed from a Statuette.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The benefit of the Triton being a Statuette pet, is that it won't lose 10% of it's skills upon tame. It can have up to 130 Wrest and 190 Resist after being claimed from a Statuette.
But then you run the risk of it being "Dispelled" as many statuette pets have this issue already I'd hate to spend countless doubloons buying this and then scrolling and training it just to have some mob somewhere dispell it and me be out all that investment.... bad enough when this happens to a Paroxy or one of those hiryu's but to have it happen to a pet like this I'd be seriously torked... to the point it might make me want to just quit UO and we all know this IS going to happen to someone at some time probably at an EM Event...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Will the Triton statuettes be transferrable/Sellable? I wonder if they would make them account and shard bound..