• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 med/focus or more +hp

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey All,

I got a fully scrolled disco lesser hiyru, the last thing he is waiting for is 120 focus/med, but it doesn't seem like he ever loses enough mama to warrant scrolling focus/med. its only 40 training points. Any one got any experience with disco pets, and whether or not they need that 120 med/focus?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all I can suggest is you go hunt your preferred prey and watch to see if he is always low on mana.
The old Mana regen calculators dont seem to like the higher intel

But when you do the calculations at 168 intel ( old max) by my basic calculations scrolling both of those scrolls will increase passive regen by about 10%
Active regen calculations show the same.

XeneX

Adventurer
If a skill won't raise easily for me I disco the pet. Not to say the lack of gains isn't an indication of some other issue with the build, but if you purely want to get them to start going up again a disco usually does the trick.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hey All,

I got a fully scrolled disco lesser hiyru, the last thing he is waiting for is 120 focus/med, but it doesn't seem like he ever loses enough mama to warrant scrolling focus/med. its only 40 training points. Any one got any experience with disco pets, and whether or not they need that 120 med/focus?
Since there is no upkeep cost for Discordance once it applies, the pet will stop trying to cast it once it is successful. If you are fighting a lot of enemies at once and the pet is constantly trying to discord everything, it may take a hit on mana still. But if you are doing single-target enemies/bosses, then once it lands discord it will stop using it. At that point your pet will just be casting grasping claw (and anything else you may have given it), which will be pretty light on mana.

If you find your pet having enough regen without scrolling Med/Focus, then I would suggest leaving it as is. You could always save the points for the option later down the road if you change your mind.

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Since there is no upkeep cost for Discordance once it applies, the pet will stop trying to cast it once it is successful. If you are fighting a lot of enemies at once and the pet is constantly trying to discord everything, it may take a hit on mana still. But if you are doing single-target enemies/bosses, then once it lands discord it will stop using it. At that point your pet will just be casting grasping claw (and anything else you may have given it), which will be pretty light on mana.

If you find your pet having enough regen without scrolling Med/Focus, then I would suggest leaving it as is. You could always save the points for the option later down the road if you change your mind.
I'm not sure what the other guy was talking about. What you said makes sense, grasping claw is not enough to burn his mana on single target which is what I use him for mostly. I ended up just giving him a 110/110 focus/med because I had those two on hand.