• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

High Seas Help

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Hello all,

I'm just starting out with this whole High Seas: Rising Tide update. I have a Tukono ship. I have cannons, and was lucky enough to find 3 Gigantic Niter deposits in about 15 mins to fill up with a good amount of charges for my cannons. Now, I start roaming the high seas and keep spamming "Start Tracking" i keep doing this and keep roaming but I haven't found anything after hours. No Orc Ships, no merchant ships, no Plunderbeacons, nothing.. I'm In Felluca and have been all over the map. Am I missing something? Is there a quest I need to start? Are there better places to go to find these ships out a sea?

Any help would be appreciated.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
East of Jhelom is generally a good place to find merchants, pirates, and beacons. Sometimes it just takes awhile.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They can be found on the waters east of Jhelom, north of Moonglow or Tokuno Islands.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there an advantage to "Felucca"?
I've been doing hunting south of Zento. Proceed south of the Zento dock. Cross the "server line." Start tracking.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a good map published in a thread not long go asking the same question.

Perhaps that map should be locked up at the top of this section so spawn question help could be answered without being asked. :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I love those merchant ships!, Slip up next to them and let loose a broadside! Or attack an Orc pirate ship head on as sometimes they will not have a bow cannon and use grapeshot instead of cannonball, watch those numbers fly!!!

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Awesome guys. Thanks for the help. I figured there had to be some known spawn spots.
Can't wait to get out there and destroy some ships and grab some plunder!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Or attack an Orc pirate ship head on as sometimes they will not have a bow cannon
They fire back? I did miss/avoid the original High Seas release so I might have missed something. Safe to say I have never been fired upon from any boat with exception of the beacons which as we know is easily avoidable. I did think it was a bit odd that none of the NPC boats used their cannons.

So the question is, do they/did they use their cannons? Am I immune to them? Is it broken?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The orc ships will fire on you. Also don't forget to say stop tracking after you say start tracking if nothing pops up.
Seems something is amiss, I've done loads of them since the release of Rising Tide, I'm positive I've never been fired at. Whenever I finish a session I do general admin which includes repairing what needs repairing and 99.9% of the time it's only the cannons that need it.

Edit. Been out, engaged 3 different Orc ships, one with a Dread Pirate, all fully crewed with cannons in various places. I taunted them, sailed around them, fired at them, engaged the crew, sailed in the path of the cannons as much as I could.
They simply don't fire at me and never have, is it just me?

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, since the change to cannons, pirates no longer seem to fight back. I assume it's likely related to the fact that you how have to put the ammo into the cannons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain

I just noticed i left a spot off of the Tokuno Map. great hunting in the 3rd spot as well.

View attachment 96534
I use the area in front of Zento Docks.

Thanks I Chased a Pirate ship to the left on the Tokuno map and ended up in that area by the big rock. Found 3 Plunderbeacons then went back to my normal spot.

Does someone know how many ships are in those areas at once? I counted 7 for sure where I hunt and there were 6 or 7 in that other area.

I only kill the pirates when I cant find a beacon. I shoot them in the aft or on a side where there is no cannon so I cant tell if they shoot. I thought they did so I avoid being in front of a cannon.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, since the change to cannons, pirates no longer seem to fight back. I assume it's likely related to the fact that you how have to put the ammo into the cannons.
Good, so it's not just me. :D Reporting it as a bug then, having zero resistance from ships makes the whole thing very, very dull.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have had the Orc ship fire on my boat as I was running pass them, I saw the cannons flash but did not see damage to my ship, maybe its a bug maybe not I have no clue all I know is they have fired at us when we are moving into position, last night we had one that was moving towards our two ships as we were attacking one from both sides. I took mine ship over to the Orc one and fired the Bow cannon on it, it turns and ran away, so I moved back to the beacon and we finished the attack on it.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Well I found a bunch of ships and a plunder beacon last night. I tried doing the plunder beacon by myself but for the life of me I couldn't kill the orc mages that heal. I'd get their health down to less than 4% but just can't seem to finish em off! They heal back up too quickly. I'm going to try it again tonight with some help so I can kill off those little buggers. Anyone else have some tips for killing them off? Should I be doing it differently? I was figuring if I kill off the crew then I can hit it broadside with my cannons and with no crew to fire back I can do it without having to worry about damage to my ship. Also how many cannon loads do you recommend having to take out a plunder beacon? I have about 50 powder charges right now, is that enough or should I stockpile more before taking one on again?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the template of your orc killer?

10 cannon shots and some damage from your toon destroy a beacon.
After all the orcs are dead the beacon stops firing. Just pull up to the lighthouse and use your bow cannon.

Also take friends. 8 highest damagers get a mythic crate.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

After all the orcs are dead the beacon stops firing. Just pull up to the lighthouse and use your bow cannon.

Ive gotten several 9 mythic crates few times from a single beacon , I beleive it could be 8 top damager and 8 top healers , im not 100% sure tho, the 9th who was getting a crate was just healing.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman

Glad I have enough powder charges to make a go of it. I had hoped it was more than enough since it took a while to mine and craft all of those dang ingredients.

The character I'm using is a mage tamer. I have 120 Magery, 120 Med & 120 Eval so my spells pack a punch and I have plenty of Mana and mana regen. The rest of my skills are for taming. I brought my White Wyrm pet with and waited for all of the orcs within range to attack him so I wasn't taking any damage. His HP regen is high enough I never have to heal him with the orcs attacking. Then I was using chain lightning to kill off the orcs but I couldn't get the orc mages to die. I think I'm going to try finding an Orc Slayer spellbook to maximize my chain lightning attacks. I have a pretty good MR and LMC suit on top of my innate MR. But even with that I eventually run out of mana after casting chain lightning for the umpteenth time.

If I am able to do it by myself would I get all 8 mytic crates, or is it just one per character, up to 8?

Thanks again for all of the great info folks!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not to stir the pot or anything, but the entirety of the Rising Tide patch is unopposed. None of the ships fire at you , trust me, I'm not mental, they simply don't fire back. The 'Plunder beacons' are a joke, they can be cleared with a minimum of fuss. Archer/Orc Slayer/FIre Area. All 4 Orcs go down on each side without moving a muscle.

It's just too easy that it gets boring very, very quickly.

Come on, give us some challenge...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree it gets very easy when you know how to deal with the orcs quick, the tower should have unreachable archers shooting at us and doing alot of damage , ancient water elementals should emerge from the deepness not 1 shotable 20 years old weak water elementals !

Add some named krakens to the spawn much like a darkfather summon ancients lichs and then it could be a bit more challenging

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad I have enough powder charges to make a go of it. I had hoped it was more than enough since it took a while to mine and craft all of those dang ingredients.

The character I'm using is a mage tamer. I have 120 Magery, 120 Med & 120 Eval so my spells pack a punch and I have plenty of Mana and mana regen. The rest of my skills are for taming. I brought my White Wyrm pet with and waited for all of the orcs within range to attack him so I wasn't taking any damage. His HP regen is high enough I never have to heal him with the orcs attacking. Then I was using chain lightning to kill off the orcs but I couldn't get the orc mages to die. I think I'm going to try finding an Orc Slayer spellbook to maximize my chain lightning attacks. I have a pretty good MR and LMC suit on top of my innate MR. But even with that I eventually run out of mana after casting chain lightning for the umpteenth time.

If I am able to do it by myself would I get all 8 mytic crates, or is it just one per character, up to 8?

Thanks again for all of the great info folks!
1 per player that damages the Beacon.

You can put an EV next to the orc. You can poison field them to annoy them. You could make an orc slayer mage bow and use that while you regen. Pets dont do much damage to them but they eat Krakens well. Chain lightning can reach past the nearest Orc.

I use my archer on them and my mage heals and kills sea creatures. Ill see what my mage can do to one alone.

Delores D

Journeyman
I see. I am talking about the regular orc boats with the pirates on them. Yesterday we had one firing on us. By the way I am on Siege.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
@Pawain So I tried again with an Orc Slayer book this time. No problem clearing the orc mages now. My pet took all of the damage while I kept casting chain lightning on them. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it. I'll be trying out ships next to see how that is.
Maybe in future updates they will make them a little harder. Or have different levels of Plunder Beacons that would require more than one ship to destroy and doesn't have dead zones where you can avoid the cannon fire. Still fun though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cannons are supposed to stop firing when the orcs are dead. And if you go up one time too far you get hit.

Take some others next time and share the cannon. The beacon is immune to lightning damage.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No complaints here

Am loving the new canons and getting trade crates from the monsters and beacon

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to stir the pot or anything, but the entirety of the Rising Tide patch is unopposed. None of the ships fire at you , trust me, I'm not mental, they simply don't fire back. The 'Plunder beacons' are a joke, they can be cleared with a minimum of fuss. Archer/Orc Slayer/FIre Area. All 4 Orcs go down on each side without moving a muscle.

It's just too easy that it gets boring very, very quickly.

Come on, give us some challenge...
If you need a challenge, take off your armor and do it. Plenty of challenge then, again it sounds more like YOU need the challenge.