• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Has anyone bought the new kitchen set yet?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Real money... ick, poo... I dont like doing for UO... but its a really cute set.

Worth about what? 12$ USD?

Goodness knows I've known some really amazing decoration experts that have custom built kitchens back in the day... I have been thinking about it. We got those bar deals... and they are amazing too. For years and years, I had a bar set up on my roof with stone tables, mainly to show off the rare collection of cups and such. Then they made glass mugs as common as muck, ruining part of the collection... I was thinking about a little re-write... BUT I like the bar units that are storage containers. Out of like 7 (I think), I used 2 container ones.

I dont know enough about the kitchen set to see if this would solve or create more problems for functionality. This "bar" is my kitchen. Just not in the traditional way. Bake, barbecue, slice, dice... whatever, its never failed the many requirements. Thus, I'd love to hear more from someone who's actually got this collection... and used it. :)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah... I was part of that thread... but the set is on the real shards now. :)

Thus my question.

Romano Arax

Visitor
Yeah... I was part of that thread... but the set is on the real shards now. :)

Thus my question.
I bought the set...
There are two cupboards which I use for the food ingredients I use in cooking and skillets...
The stove, doesn't work as an oven which pissed me off because I really expected it too so now I still have an oven in my "kitchen" even though I had hoped to get rid 'em

Reactions: Mil

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm not sure if my modest forest home can show you what you asked for, but I did get the kitchen set, and I love the look of it.
I did not use the counters since they looked huge in my wee kitchen. I used the cabinets, the stove and the butcher block.

It's really strange that the stove doesn't work for cooking though! Thus I do my cooking on my rooftop beer garden. Who wants smoke from the BBQ smoker in their kitchen anyway?
(Yes, I miss a chair. Ignore it. It's somewhere in one of the bags/chests, I'm sure. I'll find it again one day!)

Last edited:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mil you have to light the stove to cook with it, just double click it.
Well... It's lit up, as you can see on the pic above. And when I try to cook, I only get the message "You must be near an oven to bake that."

I presume you have the new stove as well, since you claim it to work?
Then by all means, tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can definitely see flames inside it, why can it not cook? I really hope this is a mistake...I know Milena is a good cook as I had some of her cooking a few days ago! :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend has one and she couldn't use it to cook either and both her cabinet doors won't close. She plays CC and I play EC and I can't even open the cabinets now. Also I was able to cook using her stove, but I stood right in front of it (almost in it)...

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My friend has one and she couldn't use it to cook either and both her cabinet doors won't close. She plays CC and I play EC and I can't even open the cabinets now. Also I was able to cook using her stove, but I stood right in front of it (almost in it)...
I play CC. I can open and close my cabinets as I want them. But cooking? Nope. I've been standing very close, too close. I've tried sitting on the stove! Still a no go for cooking. :D

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is that little oven from the Elf addition days. Its mall, 1x1, not very tall... BUT is a little confusing they would make an oven in this set that doesnt do the same job.

Its still cute as hell! And I love the little house, Mil, thank you.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well... It's lit up, as you can see on the pic above. And when I try to cook, I only get the message "You must be near an oven to bake that."

I presume you have the new stove as well, since you claim it to work?
Then by all means, tell me what I'm doing wrong.
im not sure, I just went and tried thought maybe it was a new bug but I was able to cook with it just fine, could be a bug with the cooking tool your using? I used a skillet

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is that little oven from the Elf addition days. Its mall, 1x1, not very tall... BUT is a little confusing they would make an oven in this set that doesnt do the same job.

Its still cute as hell! And I love the little house, Mil, thank you.
Thanks! I love the look of the new stove, so I'm happy anyway. :)

im not sure, I just went and tried thought maybe it was a new bug but I was able to cook with it just fine, could be a bug with the cooking tool your using? I used a skillet
It's so strange. I tried with both a skillet, a rolling pin and a sifter. Anyhows, it's no biggie. I rather cook with the BBQ smoker anyway, since I can fill it with cooking tools. :pancakes:

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It looks more like a what we call a wood-burner than an actual stove, but it is cute, handy for making baked potatoes! :p

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would also be nice if we had a water-something-something... even like a rain barrel, that would act as a water source.

Water troughs... (1x2) are so ugly and large... ill-befitting a kitchen or lab... yet, can be disguised a little. As a table... or large crate... or even a large kitchen skink. With a little tap, lab glass, and raw cotton... and even a small basket to act as floating soap. Its something! More suitable then non.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would also be nice if we had a water-something-something... even like a rain barrel, that would act as a water source..
Agreed! The only reason I have a water trough is because it's linked to my endless decanter. I'd love something smaller, like a rain barrel or such.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agreed! The only reason I have a water trough is because it's linked to my endless decanter. I'd love something smaller, like a rain barrel or such.
The sink with the set is a water source when filled. Also a claw foot tub. The sink would fit on the roof. Or make it a wash tub in your laundry room.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'Endless Decanter' has to be one of the best items ever given to crafters. :) Goodness knows, I have a smaller building in my little town that is called a "Savings & Loan" vs. a bank... of the mall, palace, Church of Candy, garden center, and Drunken Pixie Pub. Looking at the building, it looks like a bank. What it is, really... is a seed bank. I used to grow loads and loads of plants before we had the garden beds, right on the 2nd level inside 1-3 of my guys. Was such a pain!!! BUT... you have to have water, Thus, the water source looks like a red chest... as it would never fit-in to have a water trough in a bank. The one in my actual cooking area looks like what I described.

Otherwise... to make a water barrel... its non-functional and quite the old nuisance we used to see all over the woods. hehe Has to be a better way.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if anyone on atlantic doesn't want all their countertops id be interested in purchasing 2 of them

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would also be nice if we had a water-something-something... even like a rain barrel, that would act as a water source.

Water troughs... (1x2) are so ugly and large... ill-befitting a kitchen or lab... yet, can be disguised a little. As a table... or large crate... or even a large kitchen skink. With a little tap, lab glass, and raw cotton... and even a small basket to act as floating soap. Its something! More suitable then non.
Supposedly the sink can act as a water source. I would imagine dumping a filled pitcher into it first would set that up. Haven't tried that yet, though.

As for cabinets getting SNAFU'd ... I've had no issues. Stove sort of bothers me not being able to be a cooking source, but it still looks pretty decent.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys who cant use your stoves to cook with you in classic or EC?
Shouldn't be a difference between Classic and EC when it comes to functionality.

Otherwise, outside storage, its just décor parts for 12$ USD and that money could go to much more functional things. Like plant growing beds. :) hehe. AND you need big space for a few of them.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shouldn't be a difference between Classic and EC when it comes to functionality.

Otherwise, outside storage, its just décor parts for 12$ USD and that money could go to much more functional things. Like plant growing beds. :) hehe. AND you need big space for a few of them.
I know but so many people having issues with cooking on, and I can cook on it just fine, tryin to figure out why

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know but so many people having issues with cooking on, and I can cook on it just fine, tryin to figure out why
Wonder if this is a "bug" or under-thinking in design. o.0 Perhaps they will fix it! :D

Poo... the expression is "Ick Poo"... long before I knew you. hehe :hula: Like something gross or disgusting. I hope this isn't defending you! hehe

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I was able to cook fish steaks but not a cake with the new Stove, get the message that I need to be near an oven. I'm able to bake it on my BBQ Smoker tho. SMH

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

On a larger custom I use troughs as planters. Make a few in bloodwood (or whatever), figure out where I want the plants. Lock the plants down on the trough tiles and raise up about 3 or 4 clicks. Place the trough and lower the plants.

I use these sometimes as edging for the plot, but mostly as deco along the rail of an upper level porch or something. And just for a derailment even further, wall sconces can be done with lanterns and lockpicks. Do the lanterns with different ores for a different lighting hue.

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sink with the set is a water source when filled. Also a claw foot tub. The sink would fit on the roof. Or make it a wash tub in your laundry room.
Thanks for the idea! The new sink/wash basin actually looks pretty good on the roof.

Last edited:

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TI have a smaller building in my little town that is called a "Savings & Loan" vs. a bank... of the mall, palace, Church of Candy, garden center, and Drunken Pixie Pub.
That sounds lovely! I think I'll have to visit your little town and see for myself. :)

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I was able to cook fish steaks but not a cake with the new Stove, get the message that I need to be near an oven. I'm able to bake it on my BBQ Smoker tho. SMH
Yep, this is it! ShriNayne was correct. It really is a wood-burner and not a stove. Thus we can BBQ stuff in it, but not bake bread etc.
I tried making bread before, which didn't work. I just threw some raw fish it and tadaa! Fish steaks!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have to use all parts together in a corner ;) Here is a special kitchen idea for my new statue museum at Drachenfels ;) - a workshop for animal taxidermists.
Very nicely done!

Mil

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I rebuilt my house to be more of a "house" so to speak. (Yes, it's inspired by the classic Renaissance Villa).

So this is my humble kitchen now ...

Last edited:

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the sink permanently a water source, without refilling it? I only want to buy the set if it means I can smash my water trough and never need one again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the sink permanently a water source, without refilling it? I only want to buy the set if it means I can smash my water trough and never need one again.
It stays full like a claw foot tub.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
4-24-190012.jpg 4-24-190011.jpg

I only brought the one set for one house as I hated the look in that corner now I have the perfect kitchen for that chicken recipe, now to find a plumber

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm not sure if my modest forest home can show you what you asked for, but I did get the kitchen set, and I love the look of it.
I did not use the counters since they looked huge in my wee kitchen. I used the cabinets, the stove and the butcher block.

It's really strange that the stove doesn't work for cooking though! Thus I do my cooking on my rooftop beer garden. Who wants smoke from the BBQ smoker in their kitchen anyway?
(Yes, I miss a chair. Ignore it. It's somewhere in one of the bags/chests, I'm sure. I'll find it again one day!)
Very lovely Home !!

Congratulations for the very nice Design.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The sink is a water source. The oven is a cooking source. Double click.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks Great!

I do not have that much self control. Mine would have something on each tile or wall.