• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Potential Triton Bug discovered.....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night on test centre some friends were playing with various training templates on the Triton. One of our friends can never see Chivalry listed as one of the magic.
We tried everything...
fame,
karma,
sex,
race,
etc.

Then it starts to get freaky..... We log into her accounts we can see Chivalry list. She relogs and posts screenshots .... it is not there.

She logs into someone's account that could see Chiv on the list of Mageries and she can't see it.
Then we when actual owner logs in we cant see it on that account either now....
It seems that just by logging into our account she can break our accounts on TEST.

So I want to see if anyone else can duplicate this.....
the appropriate bug reports have all been submitted.
But maybe one of you smart asses can figure this out :)

I think the answer might be related to not being able to transfer from a production shard to test right now.
But that is just a guess.....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as I said in my post..... we check fame and karma both were 1800+

So it could be a bug in her player profile that she still flags as having neg karma even when she has ample positive karma....

interesting thoughts this morning

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as I said in my post..... we check fame and karma both were 1800+

So it could be a bug in her player profile that she still flags as having neg karma even when she has ample positive karma....

interesting thoughts this morning
There is a bug with the Triton. If you have pos Karma and can not put Chiv on:

Enable on the planner.
Put chivalry on the planner.
Disable the planner.

Then you can put Chiv on normally.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— Things like this should be posted in the official forums, too, so the devs can see it and respond in some way. They don’t always check Stratics.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
— Things like this should be posted in the official forums, too, so the devs can see it and respond in some way. They don’t always check Stratics.
The other tamers pointed at me and laughed at me when I was the only one who could not put Chivalry on my Triton. So I thought it was only me.

They already nerfed it so I do not want them messing with it again. Sorry.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There are also issues where people cant do it first round, but afyer that they can.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm I had that issue on my Cu I could not put chiv on it, could not even see it, had to transfer it to a friend and she put chiv on it then transferred it back. but I didn't know this was a karma thing, I had title of dreadlord for quit awhile maybe that is why?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a bug with the Triton. If you have pos Karma and can not put Chiv on:

Enable on the planner.
Put chivalry on the planner.
Disable the planner.

Then you can put Chiv on normally.
May I ask what is the "Planner" ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other tamers pointed at me and laughed at me when I was the only one who could not put Chivalry on my Triton. So I thought it was only me.

They already nerfed it so I do not want them messing with it again. Sorry.
What do you mean "nerfed" it ?

In what was the Triton "nerfed" by the Developers ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Animal Training Menu has a Planner that does not take the plan to the pet.

upload_2019-4-7_14-22-8.png

The Hit points and Strength were significantly reduced on from the original Triton.

Will still make a good AI/Chiv pet, but could have made many other variations.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Animal Training Menu has a Planner that does not take the plan to the pet.

View attachment 96543

The Hit points and Strength were significantly reduced on from the original Triton.

Will still make a good AI/Chiv pet, but could have made many other variations.
Well like everything else the DEVs don't seem to want us to have an actual pet that can actually be of some use on par with other template. Gosh forbid a tamer might be able to actually compete with a dexer or mage... or archer.

We are just meant to be the "meat shields" of the game so all the other templates can get all the drops and stuff without having to take the damage.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What do you mean "nerfed" it ?

In what was the Triton "nerfed" by the Developers ?
It wasn't nerfed, it was adjusted to be in line with other pets and will still be one of the most powerful pets out there due it having natural Healing, full magical capability, and a blank slate template. It's Hits/Str range were lowered, but it was also given overcapped wrestling skill (up to 130), which is incredibly useful and saves tamers the cost of having to purchase a 120 powerscroll for the Triton.

Some people that don't see the bigger picture, or see any "adjustments" to something cry nerf. There's a reason it goes to Test Center first before going live.

Can someone post a pic of the triton or link to one purty plez.
Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wasn't nerfed, it was adjusted to be in line with other pets and will still be one of the most powerful pets out there due it having natural Healing, full magical capability, and a blank slate template. It's Hits/Str range were lowered, but it was also given overcapped wrestling skill (up to 130), which is incredibly useful and saves tamers the cost of having to purchase a 120 powerscroll for the Triton.

Some people that don't see the bigger picture, or see any "adjustments" to something cry nerf. There's a reason it goes to Test Center first before going live.

Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com
Though, the argument that some players raise about other Templates, like Melee, Ranged or Spellcasting being more powerful because Taming seems to never get a pet powerfull enough to be "on par" with them (and thus be able to earn looting rights for good drops...) is quite understandable....

Perhaps the Triton "could" be that good chance to finally bring Taming "on par" with other Templates in terms of being able to then earn looting rights ?

Of course, in order for that to happen the Triton would need to be a good pet with good stats...

But other then discussing this argument in general and saying that I do think that Taming "should" get good pets able to bring Taming gameplay on par with other Templates in regards to then claim looting rights even when competing with these other Templates for loot, I know too little about taming to be able to say anything about whether or not the Triton will be a great pet even after having been nerfed in its stats as I seem to understand you are of the opinion.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Call it as I see it. Any of the old Tritons would make a pet with AI/Chiv/Other magic. Now you can make that if you get a 77% one and it will have fewer HP. How many will you have to buy at an unknown cost to get a 77% that has >115 Wrestling.

You want me to celebrate because I can make YET ANOTHER AI/Chiv pet. Some of us would like something different that can kill stuff.

Also we are subjected to the RNG lottery to get a Higher wrestling than 115. So you can think it is not a nerf. Yay

I Built and tested an old one on TC and took the Melee skills to 120 and magic skills to 100. Did you?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Call it as I see it. Any of the old Tritons would make a pet with AI/Chiv/Other magic. Now you can make that if you get a 77% one and it will have fewer HP. How many will you have to buy at an unknown cost to get a 77% that has >115 Wrestling.

You want me to celebrate because I can make YET ANOTHER AI/Chiv pet. Some of us would like something different that can kill stuff.

Also we are subjected to the RNG lottery to get a Higher wrestling than 115. So you can think it is not a nerf. Yay

I Built and tested an old one on TC and took the Melee skills to 120 and magic skills to 100. Did you?
It was proven to you that can still make the template that you so desperately want. You want a Chiv/AI/FWW healing pet that also has 825 hits and 1500 mana. You can still make that pet, It just won't have 825 hits and 1500 mana (which is what you seem to be crying about). Not getting into this argument with you again, as you clearly don't see logic and only like to whine, but what else is new. If you don't see the power of the Triton in it's current state, sucks to be you, save your points for some other rewards then.

Edited by Dreadlord Lestat to keep potentially useful information without having to remove the post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(up to 130)
Well pancake that omelet. "Up to" means Random Number Generator which is pancaked up the waffle.
If I'm paying doubloon points or gold or whatever I want all of them to be alike. No pancakeing randomness. All alike.
Please send feedback to @Kyronix to make them all good and all alike.

I don't want another "Oops I Got A Sucky One" like happens most of the time with pancakeing dragon turtle hatchling omelet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The RNG would be fine if they were a pet you can go tame and keep or release.

All depends on the price. I know how many doubloons I have but I see very few others out in the High Seas on LS. Only see the ones on my ship. Hit a lucky streak and got 10 beacons tonight without having to kill any other ships. A first timer got a parrot so he is happy.

Its not a nerf the stats are just lower!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glenda wasn't nerfed, the stats were just lowered. The Khal Mask wasn't nerfed the stats were just lowered.
How many of those do you see used.

Edited by Dreadlord Lestat to keep potentially useful information without having to remove the post.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
but gained overcapped Wrestling
A chance of over 120 wrestling. A guarantee of Nerfed HP and Str. We can add a 120 to a pet now.

I have a ton of 115 wrestling scrolls. And 110s are cheap. So unless I get a > 120 I have less than what the pet was in build-able stats. Fact. Therefore Nerfed.

Cold Drakes can also get over 120 Wrestling and over 120 Tactics. I see very few of those used.

Stating facts is not crying. You and Pixie should talk you have a lot in common. If someone does not agree with you then they are a troll or wrong.

The pet will be a great AI/Chiv pet for a beginner not for the wrestling but for the HEALING. I doubt your guild will actually use one unless they can get a better build than AI/Chiv.
It is a non mountable Cu without bleed with different damage.

I used the version 1 on TC for many hours. It was a fine pet.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, all I heard is :sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

Stayed out of this for the most part because of the respect I have for both posters and their vast contributions to the game but after testing the triton I really do not see a big advantage to over capped wrestling. Certainly not enough to make it my primary pet. Which is unfortunate bevause with it being a reward it should have been the top end pet. Which in it's current state, it is not.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
-- Honestly, I'd rather have the Triton nerfed if it's not a tameable pet.

If it's a reward you use gold or points or whatever to "buy", then it shouldn't be the most powerful pet in the game.

The most powerful pet in the game should be a pet ANY tamer can find and obtain without having to jump through hoops to "buy" it.

I'm utterly sick of Chiv/AI pets - and I've only been taming/training actively for about four months. I've messed with other templates, done tons of research on all the options available to put on pets, tamed pets and trained them just to end up releasing and killing them. I've found a few pets and other templates that seem to work fairly well depending on the situation, but there has to be more options to make a badass pet.

And some new pet that can only be obtained through pirate hunting and redeeming points or something isn't it.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-- Honestly, I'd rather have the Triton nerfed if it's not a tameable pet.

If it's a reward you use gold or points or whatever to "buy", then it shouldn't be the most powerful pet in the game.

The most powerful pet in the game should be a pet ANY tamer can find and obtain without having to jump through hoops to "buy" it.

I'm utterly sick of Chiv/AI pets - and I've only been taming/training actively for about four months. I've messed with other templates, done tons of research on all the options available to put on pets, tamed pets and trained them just to end up releasing and killing them. I've found a few pets and other templates that seem to work fairly well depending on the situation, but there has to be more options to make a badass pet.

And some new pet that can only be obtained through pirate hunting and redeeming points or something isn't it.
Not sure I follow your train of thought here.... if something is more difficult to obtain shouldn't the reward be greater? By making the reward less attractive you end up with... well the turtles. How many of those do you see today?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure I follow your train of thought here.... if something is more difficult to obtain shouldn't the reward be greater? By making the reward less attractive you end up with... well the turtles. How many of those do you see today?
Pirating is neither difficult nor very time consuming. 1 person in our alliance who goes out solo hunting pirates has capped her towns treasury and gotten all the other towns to 500m (up from as low as 70m), mostly on her own.

Stayed out of this for the most part because of the respect I have for both posters and their vast contributions to the game but after testing the triton I really do not see a big advantage to over capped wrestling. Certainly not enough to make it my primary pet. Which is unfortunate bevause with it being a reward it should have been the top end pet. Which in it's current state, it is not.
(excluding it's damage profile, because that is where I think this pet fails the most)

It is a top end pet. It has no innates, including magery to suck up points or ability slots. It can have intensity higher than a 1 slot lesser Hiryu. And due to no innates it can have the widest variety of templates. As PlayerSkill will tell you, it's got a lot of potential as a major energy debuffer for Mage Mastery tamers, archers/sampire tamers or a herd of CU that people so often love. This pet can require some outside the box thinking about how it can truly shine. If you don't understand how wrestling plays a key role in high end content or the fact that scroll costs hold many tamers back, I'm not sure where to help you there. This pet has the ability to not need two of the highest cost scrolls.

This shouldn't be a primary pet for most players. But neither should the CU for a vast majority of content, but people still use them. Like with ALL pets, if you find it useful or not will depend on your play style.

As for the difference between the original test tritons and the one currently available. Its minimal in the grand scheme of things.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Cold Drakes can also get over 120 Wrestling and over 120 Tactics.
Show me a cold drake with over 120 natural wrestling. Show me one that has over 118 natural wrestling.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pirating is neither difficult nor very time consuming. 1 person in our alliance who goes out solo hunting pirates has capped her towns treasury and gotten all the other towns to 500m (up from as low as 70m), mostly on her own.
Curious to how long that took. Also you receive 10 mil as opposed to 10,000 dubloons towards a pet that we have not even seen a price on yet. I would not be shocked at a 500k+ price tag on them which would be the equivilant of what your friend did to get to 500 mil. Now add rng for a good Pet (60-70%) and I can see that taking considerably longer than getting a regular spawning pet of the same intensity.

I also feel you are putting too much value on the 120 wrestling. Is it nice? Sure, but as far as damage and defense It's only the same difference as going from 110 to 120 which is fairly negligable.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is still a top-tier pet, this just furthers the point that people pass judgement without actually testing things.

This is a chart of the top 20 current tamables, sorted by Max Intensity including any Innate Magical abilities.

Notice that the Release 3 Triton bests everything except Shadow Wyrms (which cannot be trained and come with double magicals), and the Legacy Dragon (which cannot be trained anymore as it slot jumps).

This is just pure intensity. Add in the fact that the Triton has innate Healing and is a fully magical blank slate pet just adds to the power of it.

Now find the current version of the Triton on the chart. It is directly behind all Legacy pets.
Now look at how many pets on the top 20 chart have no innate magicals (4 including both Tritons).
Now look at how many have no innate magicals and are fully magical capable (2, both Tritons).

-------------------------------------------------

Now lets sort the chart in another manner, by the "Intensity Without Innates" column. This will give us the intensity of the pets if we ignore the cost of their innate magicals (such as Magery and Necromancy), since the majority of the time those are overridden by something else (like Chiv).

Now suddenly these blank slate healing pets are #1 and #2 on the chart.
Now let's look at everything that falls behind the Tritons... Reptalons and Lesser Hiryus are the closest fully magical capable pets, coming in at ~300 intensity less than the current Triton (or 900 less than the R3 Triton). These pets are ridable yes, but they also come pre-loaded with 2 abilities (Dragon Breath/Paralyze, and Grasping Claw/Dismount), which severely limits their build potential.
We have to go way down the chart to ~650+ less intensity than the current Triton (~1250 less intensity than the R3 Triton) to find the next Magical pets.

Whether you understand Intensity, or just think it is made up hocus pocus, the fact is that the developers use pet intensity for the animal training system. Short of them re-working the entire system (which I don't see happening), we have to play within the system they have created.

Oh and BTW... if the Triton's stats were not adjusted, you would be be getting a 3-slot Triton around ~70% of the time when spawning one from a statuette. Just some more food for thought that I'm sure no one has bothered to think about.

Curious to how long that took. Also you receive 10 mil as opposed to 10,000 dubloons towards a pet that we have not even seen a price on yet. I would not be shocked at a 500k+ price tag on them which would be the equivilant of what your friend did to get to 500 mil. Now add rng for a good Pet (60-70%) and I can see that taking considerably longer than getting a regular spawning pet of the same intensity.
They didn't get one town to 500m, they got every town to 500m and their own town to 1 billion. How long it took them, I don't know, but I do know they didn't only do pirating as I routinely saw them doing Roof with the Alliance, or peerless encounters.

I also feel you are putting too much value on the 120 wrestling. Is it nice? Sure, but as far as damage and defense It's only the same difference as going from 110 to 120 which is fairly negligable.
You are severely undervaluing Wrestling. Wrestling is your pet's chance to hit and defend. Chance to hit being the most important thing for a pet. If your pet cannot hit, it doesn't matter what spec it is or how much Tactics/Anatomy it has, it is doing 0 damage. The more wrestling you can get, the better your pet will be, plain and simple. I'd argue that if you could only put 1 scroll on a pet, it should be Wrestling.

The difference between 120 Wrestling and 130 Wrestling (against a 120 combat skill target) is 50% vs 54%. You may look at that 4% and think it's negligible. Hop on over to the Warrior forums or ask some PvPers if they would rather have 41% chance to hit or 45% chance to hit.

Most people have already made up their mind about the Triton before it is even released, or without even testing it on Test Center. It is unfortunate, but I guess we will see what people think of it when it is released.

If people decide they do not like the Triton, it will most likely be because it is not mountable and/or its damage spread (which by the way, both those issues were given as feedback during the testing phase).

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have cleaned up this thread as much as possible without removing potentially useful information. Disagreements can be had without derogatory comments. Any future clean ups will come with warnings and a possible thread ban. Keep it civil please.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Triton, sheesh I was expecting something that looked awesome and mighty........... it looks like a slug :(

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If people decide they do not like the Triton, it will most likely be because it is not mountable and/or its damage spread (which by the way, both those issues were given as feedback during the testing phase).
One of the many reasons why i think the Triton will particularly shine with a Disco+Conductive Blast build. The Disco will lower both Physical and Energy Resists, and once the Disco lands, the Triton will then spam Conductive Blast as often as it's mana regen allows, halving the remaining Energy Resist. These will buff the Triton's own bite damage output, but also anyone else's damage output (especially with Energy Damage). If the Tamer is using Death Ray, that even further lowers the victim's Energy Resist by 10, stacking with Disco and Conductive Blast, increasing the Triton's damage output somewhat as well. Even a 90+ Energy Resist opponent, becomes extremely vulnerable to Energy Damage after a Disco+Conductive Blast+Death Ray combo. Not to mention Rune Corruption also stacks with all that...
Even if the fight has too much AoE/suck ins for Death Ray channeling to be feasible, the Tamer/Mage can still spam E-Bolts while in an SDI suit.

One of my guildies has an Iron Beetle with RC, and a Anniv Horse with Conductive Blast (one of them also has Disco, can't remember which), and his char is a Death Ray Tamer/Mage with +Necro/SS gear for Wraith Form. When he's using that char, i bust out my Chiv+AI Energy Drake, and the damage is nuts. The 100% Energy Platinum Drake practically doesn't need AI during then.

Last edited:

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— The train of thought is easy: if it’s a pet you have to obtain as a reward, then you’d have to claim numerous ones just to get one with decent base stats and resists. One of the benefits of a tamer is loring tameables before taming, to insure you’re getting one with a decent base so you’re not eating up all of your training points on resists and strength.

If you can’t lore the triton before claiming it to make sure it has a decent base, then it’s a craps shoot ... and RNG guarantees you’ll get a lot of crap tritons before a decent one to train.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— Honestly, there are so many creatures in game that can be tamed/trained that could use an overhaul in order to give tamers a better, wider variety of pets and pet templates.

Giant Beetles and Fire Beetles are all 1 slot pets that can be trained up to 5 slots.

Kewl. Great. People are making badass pets out of them. Awesome.

But there are a ton of (what I call) tiny pets that are tamed as 1 slots that can only go up to 3 slots. I spent two weeks training an Eagle. For a 3 slot pet, he’s badass. But if I could have trained him up to a 5 slot? He could take on any peerless or champ boss easy.