• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red Tagged Pirate... Blown off his ship and landing on mine... becoming unkillable.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... I was hunting last night. (As the story goes.)

Was having horrible luck finding orc boats with pirates on them... and doing bounties, now I figured out how to do them alone. I've been having a fair amount of luck! IF I can find the ships. Last night? I only turned in 1 pirate and 2 more hours with no luck then it suddenly became horrible luck.

2 ships WITH pirates within sight of each other. Another hunter taking on the first boat alone, taking a very long time and shard down was fast approaching. I started opening fire on the 2nd boat and making good damage when suddenly... the guns and crew broke free of the ship itself. The ship, first level damaged, moved on leaving its entire collection of goods behind including 2 crates that now landed on my deck. I was able to kill off the entire crew AND loot the chests.

For a moment, I was thinking I could start heading back to the docks and take him prisoner right before turning him in... at least... it was an entertaining theory for a moment.

BUT, BUT, BUT... the dog was chewing on the pirate and making no progress. I mean ZERO. 5 slot dog, 120's and 115's across the board. I threw several pairs of energy vortexes without making a dent. I was now at the docks... couldn't turn him in. Such horrible response quality from Game Masters... I didnt think for a second that I could get help less then 30 mins before shard down.

Even if this was mid day... I couldn't conduct any hunts with this thing attacking everyone on deck and no way to kill him.

What the fudge happened???!!! Is this commonplace or even rare for anyone else?

I snuck out on a rowboat after parking and abandoning this fruitless battle. He was walking around the deck, as if no one was around. Hate to think neighbors parked next to me would recall in to be harassed by this nasty creature. OR maybe, by the time they did? Its acting normal again? Just, they cant board my ship so they cant capture him. (In theory).

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No pics. Was more worried about everyone getting destroyed in the battle. The ENTIRE orc crew was on my boat at the same time. The ship sailed away clean, no one diving. Tried to find it to see if it would shift the pirate back in to his normal 5000 HP world... but there was no ship to be found. Nothing as part of the boat was left behind. Cannons stayed in the water along with the chests once I moved my ship. We got stuck with a stowaway. :) hehe

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 hours later... the pirate is still alive and well. Waited 3 hours for a Game Master... and shocker... no show. Got to love it.

Impossible to hunt when something is constantly attacking everything on your own ship.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see the pirate fall overboard and the ship will not scuttle.

How did the OP have a Dog and evs?

You can leave your ship and get on a rowboat? I never tried.

Also the pirates on LS despawn after a short time. Even the ones that fall overboard.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UPDATE....

Clearly this is some kind of bug. I'm a little surprised no one else has seen such a thing.

Victim of Siege … I actually saw another such event, but I didnt run in to it this time... as I wasnt attacking the boat. Thats how mine happened. Tried to get a picture this time? BUT the ship suddenly appeared under the chests, monsters, and boxes. Almost exactly like how these ships spawn... BUT the ship spawns FIRST and everything else after. The ships are even moving as they spawn, what I dont understand... but what-ev. :)

The whole time I was waiting for a Game Master this morning/afternoon, I had pets attacking the pirate... and that was a funny thing on its own. Something to do while waiting. The pirate's armor, over the hours and hours, broke down and vanished so he was BUCK NAKID on my deck! lol. After being ignored for 3 houses, I re-paged... in all caps and wasnt so nice. After 1 hour, the pirate finally vanished. I thought it was a lag pocket or pre-shard crash... seeing how things on Atlantic have been since the High Seas addition... BUT the little creep finally was gone. I thanked the thin air... but no word who actually helped me.

After that? 4 hours of being unable to do anything else... it was very happy hunting. :D I even captured enough chests to get a new dragon cannon (décor). Its wild! Just way too much work to collect a house full of them. hehe. I know some people will.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UPDATE....

Clearly this is some kind of bug. I'm a little surprised no one else has seen such a thing.

Victim of Siege … I actually saw another such event, but I didnt run in to it this time... as I wasnt attacking the boat. Thats how mine happened. Tried to get a picture this time? BUT the ship suddenly appeared under the chests, monsters, and boxes. Almost exactly like how these ships spawn... BUT the ship spawns FIRST and everything else after. The ships are even moving as they spawn, what I dont understand... but what-ev. :)

The whole time I was waiting for a Game Master this morning/afternoon, I had pets attacking the pirate... and that was a funny thing on its own. Something to do while waiting. The pirate's armor, over the hours and hours, broke down and vanished so he was BUCK NAKID on my deck! lol. After being ignored for 3 houses, I re-paged... in all caps and wasnt so nice. After 1 hour, the pirate finally vanished. I thought it was a lag pocket or pre-shard crash... seeing how things on Atlantic have been since the High Seas addition... BUT the little creep finally was gone. I thanked the thin air... but no word who actually helped me.

After that? 4 hours of being unable to do anything else... it was very happy hunting. :D I even captured enough chests to get a new dragon cannon (décor). Its wild! Just way too much work to collect a house full of them. hehe. I know some people will.
sounds like some type of server lag/glitch. the boat spawns then the crew/loot spawn, but lag. the lag is causing it to fall apart similar to the way some folks are pulling on their masts and causing their ships to fall to pieces. that's why i was wondering if you had any pics to get an idea of what you saw.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds like some type of server lag/glitch. the boat spawns then the crew/loot spawn, but lag. the lag is causing it to fall apart similar to the way some folks are pulling on their masts and causing their ships to fall to pieces. that's why i was wondering if you had any pics to get an idea of what you saw.

Trust me... at the time it happened, I was more in shock... however I wish I had done a picture because it was so bazar. The fact the red-tagged immortal pirate became a serious pain? I killed the others without much problem. I didnt figure killing/capturing the boss would be THAT bad of an issue. You could have had 10 of the best trained type pets on him and it still wouldnt have killed him? I didnt do anything more then make the mistake of running in to the rubbish in the water.

Also, for the record... Once, a cannon shot blew off 2 orcs and a cannon from another ship. They were left in the water as the NPC ship was running from me. I've seen cannon and boxes in the water before. Maybe its time to connect these to their ships with Gorilla Glue. hehe