• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

vollems

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just saw on uocah that these will be 3 slot now instead of 2 slots. That wasnt in the patch info, and I am kinda bumed because i just bought 2 to train up in disco.

Should still be do-able, but if i was gonna go all the up, they wont be as good now.:rant2:

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Its not super powerful, but the negative taming req was what i was looking for.

Putting disco on it and using it on my sampire.

Gardo

Journeyman
Yeah I know they weren’t overpowered, was just being sarcastic. The funny thing is, because they were changed from 2 to 3 slots, the developers obviously felt they were....

At least they didn’t change the negative taming requirement. (For now)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just saw on uocah that these will be 3 slot now instead of 2 slots. That wasnt in the patch info, and I am kinda bumed because i just bought 2 to train up in disco.

Should still be do-able, but if i was gonna go all the up, they wont be as good now.:rant2:

If you use one vollem for a nontamer, they should be better because they will be able to achieve a higher base damage. A bonus.

But yes, if you wanted to train one up from 3-5 it has lost power potential. Or if you use two vollems, you will need to find an old 2 slot one.

Problem with Vollems, they were a prepatch nightmare (identical stats) that anyone could control. Nightmares were adjusted in power to be in line with the intensity system, vollems just originally got overlooked due to how they "spawn".

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where are the patch notes for this change?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That wasnt in the patch info
Unfortunately not every change ends up in the patch notes, sometimes you just end up stumbling upon them.

Like when teleporting to players was removed from Necromage AI.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow that thing has worse starting stats then many things now. Will end up with lower HP than a Hiryu now if you add a 501 point magic.

But better start at neg taming. There are AI/Chiv ones on LS. Players use them for magery from ships. Cant have 2 now. The players who wanted to build them had 2 years to do it.

So the devs can make pets that do not follow the intensity rules. Same stats 1 more slot.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So are the old ones 2 slots going to be increased to 3 slots ? OR even will they be able to go from 2 --- > 3 next patch or will it jump directly to 4 , after first training ?

Last edited:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
as far as I know there was no reason to change. anyone know the reason for it or was another unneeded change we didn't ask for? change back or give us a good reason for the change ty.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as I know there was no reason to change. anyone know the reason for it or was another unneeded change we didn't ask for? change back or give us a good reason for the change ty.
I suggest you post on the official forums if ur addressing your question to the devs:
Ultima Online Forums

But i dont guaranty the reply :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Just speculation. Pets from clickable objects (statues, crystals, etc.) had a hard coded starting slot and didn't follow the same slot rules as pets that actually spawn. They probably changed this code so that pets created from clickable objects adhere to the same slot determination rules as spawned pets. A Vollem has the same stats as a Legacy Nightmare and was 2 slots (it essentially was a non-mountable legacy nightmare). If the Vollem actually spawned somewhere it would have spawned as a 3-slot pet.

I doubt they targeted the Vollem specifically, but more of a casualty of the back-end change.