• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

waterwheel buggy =(

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I lost my water wheel tonight. Just wanted to give yall a heads up....I had my 1st floor done and had started to do deco....then I noticed a pesky wall that I didn't like. tossed the house into custom and it threw 3 curtains a ladder, some hedges and couple other misc things into the moving crate " just enough to annoy you that u have to put them back out......anyway I noticed my koi pond stayed up but the water wheel that was lifted slightly at the north side of the koi pond was gone....odd, I didn't see a water wheel deed in the crate...I checked again. pulled out each item 1 by 1 and there was absolutely no water wheel deed in the moving crate. I also checked to see if it may have fallen under the house because ive had that happen...but no luck there either. I paged a GM hoping they may be able to help me with the issue but have yet to get a response and im sure where ever the wheel went to that its long gone by now....so there went one of my vet picks right down the crapper =( so be careful guys, if you toss ur house in custom take the water wheel down 1st or it may just poof like mine did.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the heads-up... typically if you lift an item like the wheel or something and you miss align just 1 tile it poofs. Seriously all you have to do is have 1 tile just 1 click out of place and the whole thing goes poof or if you try to ax it then it breaks now if you broke it and there is a piece of it still sometimes a GM will replace it so if you accidentally break an item just page a GM... DO NOT TRY TO AXE IT MORE.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I didn't axe it at all, its raiseable with the deco tool. so it was lifted almost enough to walk under so that I could place a med koi pond under it , then I lowered it back with the tool to sit in the pond at the edge.. after I had checked the crate and under the house I axed the koi pond so I could see if there was some remnants of the water wheel that would stop construction of another item. there was nothing there stopping placement =( so its just gone

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't axe it at all, its raiseable with the deco tool. so it was lifted almost enough to walk under so that I could place a med koi pond under it , then I lowered it back with the tool to sit in the pond at the edge.. after I had checked the crate and under the house I axed the koi pond so I could see if there was some remnants of the water wheel that would stop construction of another item. there was nothing there stopping placement =( so its just gone
Very sorry to hear that... good to know as well for @Bleak to look into why this happened so it doesn't happen to someone else... Not sure if the raising and lowering should make any difference if it goes up and down as 1 item... that shouldn't happen. Misk and Bleak should test what you did... see if they can figure out what happened and why it happened.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It does not raise as one unit with the deco tool. Somehow or another, it got ''broken''. This usually involves goza mats, though sometimes an item can fall ''under'' a deeded item and lower a section when picked up. To repair the item, you must line the separate piece up again until you cannot move any of them with deco tool. This puts it back together. Trying to redeed the item or entering customize mode before it is repaired will essentially destroy it. It is a bug, technically an exploit, that has been around for eons. If enough people complain about lost items, they will prolly fix it one day. I would be sad, tho. It is hard to do on accident, and when done with intent can result in some very lovely deco.

Last edited:

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It does not raise as one unit with the deco tool. Somehow or another, it got ''broken''. This usually involves goza mats, though sometimes an item can fall ''under'' a deeded item and lower a section when picked up. To repair the item, you must line the separate piece up again until you cannot move any of them with deco tool. This puts it back together. Trying to redeed the item or entering customize mode before it is repaired will essentially destroy it. It is a bug, technically an exploit, that has been around for eons. If enough people complain about lost items, they will prolly fix it one day. I would be sad, tho. It is hard to do on accident, and when done with intent can result in some very lovely deco.
I bet ur right! I had it in custom once before and it looked as if it had fallen into the koi pond when I came out of custom " because the water in the koi pond is so much higher than the sides" anyway it was dropped down and I was like, aw hell don't wanna redo all that so I tried a deco tool on it and it raised so I raised it back up....then I had to go into custom like 3 days later "which was last night" and it poofed it...I bet that's whats happened.....still crappy tho, wasted a vet pick.....I really wish they would stop making everything in deed form

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh I'm well aware trust me... but from what she was saying sounded like it was raised all as one... I don't have one yet so no clue...

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the warning, was tempted to get one. Will just wait it out and see if this gets addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lost a garden shed the same way. Placed on a goza mat roof & one mat in the back fell 1 tile where it was impossible to tell. Glad I had emptied it b4 trying to move it. Never even paged as I knew the end result.

It totally sucks. I feel ur pain :(.
Sorry :frown2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If there is a piece left I'm told they can replace it... but if it's all gone so is your hopes.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The accursed dead spot. I have it as well. Nothing can be place there & u cant pass through it. Nothing is visible.