• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I finally found out why they added the new feature to the décor tool!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was lucky enough to be chosen to do some testing on a new vet tub, 20th year. Thankfully I have access to one! I’m only an 18 year vet, plus 3 months.

Apparently, it's a new dye tub that will be programmable by programming the actual number of the dye color in to it vs. a simple color chart or list like all the other tubs. We have the black, the white cloth, white leather, normal (you can buy from an NPC tailor), special (that makes earth tones), leather, runebook, metallic cloth and metal...I’m sure I missed something... but I’m totally delighted by this new vet tub!

So, clearly, those of you who have played with the décor tool know how this feature works. You simply chose that option and click on whatever. Most things are 0000 or whatever. Rare things, pets, special items and so on... have crazy numbers you just can't do with the catalog of tubs we already have. Then you have the plant dyes and the super annoying pigments. At first, the new tub is very confusing. You have better luck just randomly punching in numbers and seeing what you get. It's, leather, metal, boards... maybe more... or at least this version. Plant dyes and pigments work on just about everything. Some time ago we had special immortal slimes that spawned randomly in dungeons. You could reach them and dye anything cloth or cloth based stuff. (Pillows, thread, boots, clothes.) You can still find these colors on vendors... but the prices are not cheap. Some of us have small stashes of color and would only sell them for a special price or to friends. This? Beats them!

As you can see... I did a few samples. I love this yellow and orange mess! Reminds me of Hawaiian shirts. We can dye full bolts and sell them for whatever we want! It will be totally beautiful.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They've actually had this on those 'other' shards for years now, they are called universal dye tubs and you can choose any hue, expensive though.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
WOW! You had me going until I realized that the staff of UO NEVER test anything before they release it. ;)
Well, the main thing is she'd be under an NDA to test something that was not on test yet.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i was just thinking to myself.... the have had that on free shards since like 1998 why would they be putting that into the game now?

programmable by programming
as compared to programmable by...... knitting?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i was just thinking to myself.... the have had that on free shards since like 1998 why would they be putting that into the game now?

as compared to programmable by...... knitting?
Programmable by sausage

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh… it IS a real dye tub...

And... it was never a free shard...

It was an amazing thing...

Long, long ago... before we had seasonal Halloween on the standard shards... we had the Shard of the Dead. :)

Please note the very first Tricks-Treats candy... that is nothing like we ever had on the live shards.

Would be cool if we got this tub as a real vet, wouldnt it?

Happy April Foolith Day, everyone!

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh… it IS a real dye tub...

And... it was never a free shard...

It was an amazing thing...

Long, long ago... before we had seasonal Halloween on the standard shards... we had the Shard of the Dead. :)

Please note the very first Tricks-Treats candy... that is nothing like we ever had on the live shards.

Would be cool if we got this tub as a real vet, wouldnt it?

Happy April Foolith Day, everyone!
I was gonna ask if that was from the Halloween shard lol...I spend hours going through dye colors! lol...got absolutely nothing done in October those couple years except making an awesome looking bank sitter LOL