• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpicking Boxes Set-up?

Bella

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I'm trying to set up a few boxes in my vendor house for people to pick. So far:

I've locked the boxes down with the key inside and set the boxes to Anyone but when trying to use the key to lock the box receive the message "the key is unreachable".

Tried again with secured boxes (vs. locked down) but the key can be taken out of the box by anyone.

Once more with a secure box BUT this time tried to lock and/or secure just the key inside the box and got the message "You need not lock down items in a secure container."

What, exactly, is the set-up to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Main box... with the boxes inside, keys on a key-ring reachable from the first level.

Should all be locked down, set to anyone. No one should be able to take out and only friended or such can add to that box.

I have a stack set up in my mall, as for the years since I set up in the first place. GMed my lockpick that way. :)

Bella

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Main box... with the boxes inside, keys on a key-ring reachable from the first level.

Should all be locked down, set to anyone. No one should be able to take out and only friended or such can add to that box.

I have a stack set up in my mall, as for the years since I set up in the first place. GMed my lockpick that way. :)
Thanks for the quick reply! I've got the boxes set up and working, thank you! Then tested with my second account (who is unfriended to the house) and am unable to use the keyring (it's inside the main box) and get the message it needs to be in my backpack to use. As house owner, I tried setting the keyring to anyone but the only option is to retrieve the keyring. What step did I miss?
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
single click the key and set to use by anyone.

make sure you single click the box and do the same.

Bella

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
single click the key and set to use by anyone.

make sure you single click the box and do the same.
Hmm... tried this and still can't get the key to work and the only option is to retrieve it. I can't believe how much trouble this is for me, lol. Years ago, when multiple boxes were needed, I had set some up in a house and don't recall any issues. Perhaps old-age has helped me forget :D

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOSA0118.jpg UOSA0119.jpg UOSA0120.jpg UOSA0121.jpg

I just set this up. When I went to secure the key ring, I got the two options, "retrieve" or "set security." So it is working as others have described.

Last edited:

Bella

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank
View attachment 96361 View attachment 96362 View attachment 96363 View attachment 96364

I just set this up. When I went to secure the key ring, I got the two options, "retrieve" or "set security." So it is working as others have described.
Thanks for showing me that. I am clearly doing something wrong and will get it figured out because for some reason I only get the "retrieve" option. The only thing I can think of that I may have done differently is made the keyring out agapite.

Thanks everyone! Despite my issue, with your helpful replies I am 99% of the way there!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... tried this and still can't get the key to work and the only option is to retrieve it. I can't believe how much trouble this is for me, lol. Years ago, when multiple boxes were needed, I had set some up in a house and don't recall any issues. Perhaps old-age has helped me forget :D
If you are locking down the boxes with an account that is co-owned to the house, only the character on that account that actually locked down the boxes will get the "Set Security" option. Any other character on that account will only be able to retrieve the boxes. Could this be what's happening for you?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shouldn't matter what the keyring is made from.

Make sure the outer, main, container is "locked down," not secured. Set it to anyone. Then open and set the keyring to anyone.

Outer container and keyring must be "locked down" by a house owner.

Bella

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If you are locking down the boxes with an account that is co-owned to the house, only the character on that account that actually locked down the boxes will get the "Set Security" option. Any other character on that account will only be able to retrieve the boxes. Could this be what's happening for you?
Yes, with all my house/account switching, I forgot I added a co-owner. DUH! Working great now! Thanks everyone!!