• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Blood for High Seas... however it seams a bit lacking.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had quite an effective hunt today... all alone, running 2 accounts... but just one me just the same. :)

I'm fairly powerless in super-complex hunting... however a few hunts before Saturday, I thought capturing the big-bad pirate would be impossible for me. What I had missed, the few dozen times a friend and I teamed up... my 5-slot dog would beat it down along with her... and I'll pull the dog off at a point and switch to tie the pirate up. I found this quite stressful and frustrating… not seeing the rope capture them like those criminals at the old orc fort... or the old Brigand Camp, depending how old you are. Once you beat the criminal down, zap!... the rope is on and he's prisoner. Unlike the pirate that keeps fighting. I had worried my friend would kill him just as I was running after him with the rope. THEN I realized it wasnt taking as long as I thought... when you "start tying the pirate up" vs. actually having him prisoner. Once you see that message, you've won the battle!

So much is new since this addition from the origional... and so long ago, I had forgotten so much. I had forgotten hunting tactics... my uncle and mine system was totally more unique then traditional. Now dogs are so much more powerful... your tamer can simply be hidden and bounce the dog over and let her do all the work. Its quite brilliant. And at... how many high points? 5000? Or 50000. It takes so long, odds are you CAN catch them. You can catch them alone.

The loot in both Merchant and Pirate Boats? I had totally forgotten... but I keep a packie on call to help clean that rubbish up. Clean up & Process! Besides these new boxes... I see nothing new. A question I had from my sudden battle-hardened friend was why we cant turn these boxes in at the town listed... and what we would possibly get. So, good OR bad... if you only hunt pirates OR only hunt merchant ships and actually be a pirate... you are still a pirate. Its a logic violation. :confused:

3 days work... not full time and most the time alone and learning (keep that in mind), I finally got a parrot. Very cute! However, they sit in the same slot as a dress. I was hearing "robe", my girls dont dress in robes. hehe. So, that, I'm disappointed... but I'm still happy. 100,000 points.

It just dawns on me they could have added more "little things" or just switched out some things like Orc Ship parts (1-8). What's wrong with a NEW ship type for the 1-8? Or just an off the shelf new ship from the NPC?

For one… "A ship of the undead"? :D

Or even flags for our ships that allow boats through history to "show their colors". Beyond the boat paints.

Just off the top of my head. Something new, without hours or days time invested. Has to be a reason to spend hour and be targets for thug players harassing us for no good reason. :cool:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A question I had from my sudden battle-hardened friend was why we cant turn these boxes in at the town listed...
Please stop posting things that are not true.
A mythic crate gives 10,000,000 gold to the coffers of that city. For a small shard this is ****ing great.

Drop them in the trade crate just like you do with ingots.

They say ignorance is bliss. I'll let y'all add the next line.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Simply amazing that no matter what the DEVs do it is NEVER good enough.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW no need for a packie. Put the items in the destroyed ships cargo hold and use commodity deeds on the items in there.
Oh wow! I knew you could do that with your own hold... but I thought it was "along the line" of a bank or deed box. Thank you! I'll have to try that. Something helpful. ;)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anything improved can be improved some more (paraphrasing the adverb song).
Typical of the I want more crowd, give you a mile and I bet you want 10 more. TY DEVs for keeping UO alive for 20+ years so the I want crowd can whine some more.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the devs did a good job on this so far, despite a few bugs. thanks devs
ps waiting for refinements to stack lol

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Outside looking for the double bottles... or the triples, the lot goes right in the big giving like 300 clean up points. :)

Seeing how much I hate to mine these days... and chop... I loot all I can loot. Just would be nice to see something new. Thats all.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW no need for a packie. Put the items in the destroyed ships cargo hold and use commodity deeds on the items in there.
Damn - never thought of that! No need to pop back to stable nor use a charge in pet summoning ball - ty Zeke!