• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone please give me some advice about apprehending Pirate Captains faster ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to get into the new Rising Tide content and wanted to get all the 8 Maps for an Orc Ship.

This means, of course, having to apprehend quite a number of Pirate Captains....

In between the Sailing times back and forth, and the time needed to lower the health of the PIrate Captain, I am finding that it is going to take a considerable time before I can get all of the 8 needed Maps....

So, I am trying to find ways to make it faster to apprehend the Pirate Captain.

Anyone has some good advice on how I can expedite the process ?

I am using Throwing, Mysticism and Chivalry and have all 3 Masteries.

But I guess that I am doing something wrong, casting the wrong spells or using the wrong weapon because it takes me forever to get the PIrate Captain health low enough to then apprehend him.

Unfortunately, I do not have a throwing weapon with a Repond Slayer but even if I had it, how much would it increase the damage done ?

I use Enemy of One, Rotten Colossus and various spells when I have mana to cast them...

By the way, if I had a Mana Leech weapon, would it work on the Pirate Captain to give me more mana for casting more Mysticism/Chivalry spells or Masteries ?

Anyways, if anyone can please help me with some good advice on how to increase my overall damage and thus expedite the apprehension process it would be great.

Thanks !!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> apprehend
Zento

> increase my overall damage
Armor ignore / chivalry pet

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> apprehend
Zento

> increase my overall damage
Armor ignore / chivalry pet
What do you mean by Chivalry pet ?

I do not have Taming on the template....

To relocate the Ship to Zento, do I need to empty the hold and drydock it (is it possible to dry dock a Ship with the cannons mounted ?) or can I sail through the Pillars all the way to Tokuno waters using some password at the Pillars ?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What do you mean by Chivalry pet ?

I do not have Taming on the template....

To relocate the Ship to Zento, do I need to empty the hold and drydock it (is it possible to dry dock a Ship with the cannons mounted ?) or can I sail through the Pillars all the way to Tokuno waters using some password at the Pillars ?
Being doing this myself for the past few days and also trying to optimize it.

Yes you can dry dock your ship with cannons, only the hold must be empty, cannons can remain fully loaded.

Repond does nothing against the dread pirates. Honor/EOO and armour ignore appears to be the most effective method, usually around the 150+ mark each hit and they will go down fairly quickly.

I can't vouch for Zento as I have not tried it but my method of hand in as follows:

PirateRoute.jpg

Run my 'battle' ship from the server line in the west to the pirate hotspot in the east just past Jhelom. Have a separate small ship parked at/near the Sea Emporium. Providing your large ship crosses the server line in the west you can recall to your small boat at the emporium to pick up the quest or to hand it in.

Zento may well be more efficient, but I have my routine now. ;)

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The hold must be empty but cannons are ok. Not sure if cannons need be empty. Haven't tried that one yet. ( project to test tomarow)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being doing this myself for the past few days and also trying to optimize it.

Yes you can dry dock your ship with cannons, only the hold must be empty, cannons can remain fully loaded.

Repond does nothing against the dread pirates. Honor/EOO and armour ignore appears to be the most effective method, usually around the 150+ mark each hit and they will go down fairly quickly.

I can't vouch for Zento as I have not tried it but my method of hand in as follows:

View attachment 96147

Run my 'battle' ship from the server line in the west to the pirate hotspot in the east just past Jhelom. Have a separate small ship parked at/near the Sea Emporium. Providing your large ship crosses the server line in the west you can recall to your small boat at the emporium to pick up the quest or to hand it in.

Zento may well be more efficient, but I have my routine now. ;)
"Honor/EOO and armour ignore appears to be the most effective method, usually around the 150+ mark each hit and they will go down fairly quickly."

Thanks for the tip.

Having Throwing, Mysticism and Chivalry, which among these 3 you suggest to pick as a more effective Mastery ?

My Chivalry is the lowest though, like about 80-90.....

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
"Honor/EOO and armour ignore appears to be the most effective method, usually around the 150+ mark each hit and they will go down fairly quickly."

Thanks for the tip.

Having Throwing, Mysticism and Chivalry, which among these 3 you suggest to pick as a more effective Mastery ?

My Chivalry is the lowest though, like about 80-90.....
My gut feeling is to go with Throwing, I am no expert on Throwing, never had a Garg so never tried it. But a quick read of the mastery abilities suggests they add to your damage. The Mastery bonuses from Myst and Chiv are fairly trivial and don't bring much to the table.

A more seasoned Thrower might have other advice.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Throwing. With 120 Throwing/120 Tactics and Lvl 3 Primer, Elemental Fury adds an extra 70-90 damage on the Pirate Captains every 7 hits for two minutes, and Called Shot will make you do +75% Damage for 8 seconds, which is great against foes that don't have Slayers. I hit the Pirate Captains and Plunder Beacon for 200+ during Called Shot+EoO+Divine Fury+Con Wep.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Throwing. With 120 Throwing/120 Tactics and Lvl 3 Primer, Elemental Fury adds an extra 70-90 damage on the Pirate Captains every 7 hits for two minutes, and Called Shot will make you do +75% Damage for 8 seconds, which is great against foes that don't have Slayers. I hit the Pirate Captains and Plunder Beacon for 200+ during Called Shot+EoO+Divine Fury+Con Wep.
Thank you for the good advice.

Unfortunately, I find myself most always without mana.... I also have Mysticism and, besides Rotten Colossus, I find myself using mana to cast some Mysticism spells in order to try do some more mana.

Yet, I practically always have to wait for mana to come available again. My Focus is 120 but still, the regen rate is extremely slow....

Is there anything that I could do to have more mana so that I can cast more continuously ?

"I hit the Pirate Captains and Plunder Beacon for 200+ during Called Shot+EoO+Divine Fury+Con Wep."

I feel ashamed but my damage with 110 Throwing and 117 Tactics is like in between 10 and 20 ....

My damage output with Throwing is so low that even trying to kill the Sea spawn like the Elementals, the Krakens, the Serpents takes an extreme long time and many, many shots.

I do not think it is hit chance, because I see the health bar of the target going into the red only, it goes into the read too little... on Krakens I need like 10+, maybe 15 hits in order to kill them with throwing only... I ended up using Mysticism spells to kill them....

Which it should not be... At 110 Throwing and 117 Tactics I would imagine that the damage done would be more significative but instead, I do very, VERY little damage and cannot understand why....

What do you have as suit and weapon to do well over 10 times more damage (200+) as what I can do ?

If my "base" damage, so to speak, is only between 10 and 20, even with all those buffs how high could I go ? 30 ? 40 damage points at most ?

Far less then the 200+ you are enjoying....

Therefore, I think I have something VERY wrong in my suit and weapon used (a Soul Glaive).

Could you please explai to me how I can increase my damage output ?

Thanks !!

EDIT. I currently do not have Anatomy on my Thrower. Trying to educate myself on how to increase my Thrower damage output, I got to this link Damage Calculations - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia where I read that items can only increase damage of 100%.
120 Tactics increases Damage of 81.25%
120 Anatomy of 65%
125 Strength 42.5%

Lumberjack, I understand, does not add any Bonus (0%).

Now, at the end it says that :

Now, final damage using a weapon with a base damage of 5 - 10 can be calculated as follows:

• Min Final Base Damage = 5 + (5 * 2.8875) = 19
  • Max Final Base Damage = 10 + (10 * 2.8875) = 38

This means the base damage range for these specified values is 19 - 38.

May I ask what kind of Weapon are you using to do 200+ damage if, even including ALL of the multiplier here it says that AT MOST one can do 38 points of damage to a target ??

If to have Anatomy on one's own Warrior is important to have a bigger damage output, how to "squeeze" another 120 skill points in the Template ?

Further EDIT.

My Thrower shows the current STATS when I pull up the Status Gump.
Strength 96
Dexterity 67
Intelligence 102
Hit Chance Increase 25
Hit Points 98/98
Stamina 73/73
Mana 102/102
Defense Chance Increase 5/45
Maximum Stats 255
Luck 140
Weight 201/376
Lower Mana Cost 29
Damage 44-55
Weapon Damage Increase 70
Followers 0/5
Swing Speed Increase 20
Lower Reagent Cost 101
Spell Damage Increase 15
Faster Casting 0
Faster Cast Recovery 0
Physical Resistance 70/70
Fire Resistance 70/70
Cold Resistance 70/70
Poison Resistance 70/70
Energy Resistance 70/70

Any advice on what I should and could change to improve damage output on my Thrower's suit that is composed of :

gargish earrings crafted exceptional (Imbued)
Weight: 1 stone Gargoyles Only physical resist 16% fire resist 17% cold resist 17% poison resist 17% energy resist 14% durability 24 / 75

gargish ring Weight: 1 stone focus +5 Gargoyles Only dexterity bonus 2 lower reagent cost 19% fire resist 4%,

Vicious bracelet of Wizardry Weight: 1 stone intelligence bonus 8 Prized hit chance increase 15% spell damage increase 15% lower mana cost 8% damage increase 30% durability 244 / 255 Major Magic Item,

shadow iron soul glaive exceptional (Imbued) Weight: 8 stones Gargoyles Only spell channeling hit fireball 44% hit lower defense 48% faster casting -1 swing speed increase 20% damage increase 40% physical damage 80% cold damage 20% weapon damage 16 - 20 weapon speed 4s range 9 strength requirement 60 one-handed weapon skill required: throwing durability 160 / 255,

Conjurer's Garb Weight: 3 stones mana regeneration 2 luck 140 defense chance increase 5% strength requirement 10,

Runed Sash of Warding Weight: 2 stones Gargoyles Only charges: 50 Brittle Weapon Damage Ward strength requirement 10 durability 57 / 75,

barbed gargish leather chest exceptional (Imbued) Weight: 8 stones Gargoyles Only lower mana cost 6% lower reagent cost 18% physical resist 15% fire resist 7% cold resist 23% poison resist 12% energy resist 18% strength requirement 25 durability 24 / 50,

barbed gargish leather kilt exceptional (Imbued) Weight: 5 stones Gargoyles Only lower mana cost 7% lower reagent cost 18% physical resist 7% fire resist 22% cold resist 24% poison resist 20% energy resist 15% strength requirement 25 durability 34 / 52,

Wing Armor of Rejuvenation Weight: 2 stones Gargoyles Only hit point regeneration 1 stamina regeneration 1 mana regeneration 1 lower mana cost 2% strength requirement 10,

Mana Phasing Orb Weight: 1 stone charges: 50 Mana Phase Brittle stamina regeneration 1 hit chance increase 5% lower mana cost 6% lower reagent cost 10% durability 62 / 75,

Unicorn Mane Woven Talons Weight: 2 stones Gargoyles Only Cold Eater 2% night sight strength requirement 10,

barbed gargish leather leggings exceptional (Imbued) Weight: 5 stones Gargoyles Only stamina increase 6 lower reagent cost 18% physical resist 24% fire resist 7% cold resist 19% poison resist 24% energy resist 11% strength requirement 20 durability 3 / 45,

barbed gargish leather arms exceptional (Imbued) Weight: 4 stones Gargoyles Only reflect physical damage 10% lower reagent cost 18% physical resist 20% fire resist 15% cold resist 19% poison resist 11% energy resist 12% strength requirement 25 durability 25 / 49,

Thanks for all of the help !!

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are you all doing it the hard way ? Have one tamer put a pet on it, and have your other guy stand there and whack him with an AI hml/hll wpn. It takes me literally 3-4 minutes to kill a dread that way. Now if you really want a challenge, disarm the Dread and watch what happens....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you all doing it the hard way ? Have one tamer put a pet on it, and have your other guy stand there and whack him with an AI hml/hll wpn. It takes me literally 3-4 minutes to kill a dread that way. Now if you really want a challenge, disarm the Dread and watch what happens....
Personally, I am trying to use Dread Pirates as a way to educate myself on "how" and "if" I can better a template in UO.

Basically, to learn more about how to improve a Template.

I have seen players using Throwers and Mystics to fight though Bosses so, I imagine that my Template CAN be bettered one way or the other, either in the suit or in the spells it uses etc. etc.

I only need a kind person willing to enlighten me on what I am doing wrong and what I can do better to improve my template so as to be finally able to do serious damage to my targets...

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now, final damage using a weapon with a base damage of 5 - 10 can be calculated as follows:

• Min Final Base Damage = 5 + (5 * 2.8875) = 19
  • Max Final Base Damage = 10 + (10 * 2.8875) = 38

This means the base damage range for these specified values is 19 - 38.
Based on the above calc and stats a Soul Glaive could do:

Min Final Base Damage
= 16 + (16 * 2.8875) = 62
Max Final Base Damage
= 20 + (20 * 2.8875) = 77

Base damage of 62-77 (before multipliers/resists etc)

By means of a combination of Slayers, EoO and Perfection (there are a few others) you can multiply that damage by up to 300% (x3 if you like).
So in a perfect world you could see damage up to 186-231 on a target with Zero resists.

But the dread pirates have high resists which is why you use Armour Ignore. AI will ignore the resists of the target but does slightly reduced damage (90% of your total).
So, using AI on the dread pirate you could see 167-207 which is around the mark PlayerSkillFTW mentioned.

So based on your own base damage of 44-55 and assuming you are using EoO Chiv at 80 skill you should see AIs for 58-73 which is probably not going to leech you enough mana to sustain AI.
Your normal hits would be around 19-24 (that's making an assumption Dread Pirates resist is around the 70% mark).

I feel your overall template could be hindering you somewhat.

There is also the range thing with throwing, I believe you can lose damage by not being at the right range which could be why you are seeing hits as low as 10. Again, a throwing expert will have to clarify that.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the above calc and stats a Soul Glaive could do:

Min Final Base Damage
= 16 + (16 * 2.8875) = 62
Max Final Base Damage
= 20 + (20 * 2.8875) = 77

Base damage of 62-77 (before multipliers/resists etc)

By means of a combination of Slayers, EoO and Perfection (there are a few others) you can multiply that damage by up to 300% (x3 if you like).
So in a perfect world you could see damage up to 186-231 on a target with Zero resists.

But the dread pirates have high resists which is why you use Armour Ignore. AI will ignore the resists of the target but does slightly reduced damage (90% of your total).
So, using AI on the dread pirate you could see 167-207 which is around the mark PlayerSkillFTW mentioned.

So based on your own base damage of 44-55 and assuming you are using EoO Chiv at 80 skill you should see AIs for 58-73 which is probably not going to leech you enough mana to sustain AI.
Your normal hits would be around 19-24 (that's making an assumption Dread Pirates resist is around the 70% mark).

I feel your overall template could be hindering you somewhat.

There is also the range thing with throwing, I believe you can lose damage by not being at the right range which could be why you are seeing hits as low as 10. Again, a throwing expert will have to clarify that.

Thanks for the explaination.

Even if range reduces the damage done, considering that I do use Enemy of One and, when I have the Mana for it, Armor Ignore, as well as I do have some little damage increase, I am still surprised to see the Glaive I am using doing only 10 to 20 damage output....

Furthermore, is there a way to "automate" Armor Ignore ?

It gets tiring to have to press the icon over and over and over, indefinitively during a combat....

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am still surprised to see the Glaive I am using doing only 10 to 20 damage output....
Unfortunately the math works out that way according to the information you have provided. I'll try to make it more clear using your stats:

Soul Glaive base damage: 16-20

Your base damage:
STR@96(28.8%) + Tactics@117(79.4%) + Damage Increase@70(70%)
Giving you a total of 178.2% of 300% base damage. That equates to 44-55.

Your damage multiplier: EoO Chiv@80 Skill approx (48%)
Giving you a total of 148% of 300% damage modifier. That equates to 65-81

Throwing at least optimal range could see it drop by a further 47% (based on UOGuide info)

Now given the stats/situation above are correct..
Damage at least optimal range with AI could be as low as 34-38
Damage without AI (against 70% resist) at least optimal range could be as low as 10-13

So yes, your hits could drop as low as 10 but AI should be a little higher.

Furthermore, is there a way to "automate" Armor Ignore ?
Best advice I can give is to bind it to a key rather than clicking the icon. There may be a way to automate it in the EC but I use the CC.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But that doesn't fix your problem so lets try to fix it by rebuilding your template and apply the same math as above.

Lets say for example you adjust your template to have:
125 STR
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
50 Bushido (All you need to honor and get the perfection bonus)
100% DI

Your base damage:
STR@125(42.5%) + Tactics@120(81.3%) + Anatomy@100(55%) + Damage Increase@100(100%)
Giving you a total of 278.8% of 300% base damage. That equates to 60-75.

Your damage multiplier: EoO Chiv@100 Skill approx (64%) + Bushido Perfection (100%)
Giving you a total of 264% of 300% damage modifier. That equates to 158-198

Damage at the optimal range with AI should be 142-178
Damage without AI (against 70% resist) at the optimal range should be 47-59

You can see a clear difference here from the example in my previous post (based on your current Temp/Stats). Essentially, if you want to optimize your Throwing damage you need to optimize your template for Throwing.

Regarding your mana problem, with higher damage comes higher mana leeches and the problem goes away.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw one go down today... and it was a massive HP sucker.

Even with a 5 slot dog chewing on his backside, spell damage didnt seam to do much... the Samper (or whatever they call them) didnt do much. Team effort by 3 of us was the best I could tell is the only way to go. First to break off was the dog, then my mage, the Samper got him in the end. These type things are far too titchy for me. Its fun enough just raiding ships and killing monsters. :p

The next level nasty thing to kill would have to be a Game Master... if such a thing were possible. Muhahahahaaaaaaaaa.

enfo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hi not sure if this will help since im just returing but if you where to max your honor out then run a temp for either dexer or mage using , something like this, :
bush tactics chiv throwing necro spirit speak, go in wraith form spam your ai or chain lightening spell if your a mage,
would that not help with your mana issues, if on a mage would the spell focus sash work, to help with damage then use sw spell word of death, to finish it off
as I say im just returing
any other ideas are more than welcome
cheers

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that doesn't fix your problem so lets try to fix it by rebuilding your template and apply the same math as above.

Lets say for example you adjust your template to have:
125 STR
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Chivalry
50 Bushido (All you need to honor and get the perfection bonus)
100% DI

Your base damage:
STR@125(42.5%) + Tactics@120(81.3%) + Anatomy@100(55%) + Damage Increase@100(100%)
Giving you a total of 278.8% of 300% base damage. That equates to 60-75.

Your damage multiplier: EoO Chiv@100 Skill approx (64%) + Bushido Perfection (100%)
Giving you a total of 264% of 300% damage modifier. That equates to 158-198

Damage at the optimal range with AI should be 142-178
Damage without AI (against 70% resist) at the optimal range should be 47-59

You can see a clear difference here from the example in my previous post (based on your current Temp/Stats). Essentially, if you want to optimize your Throwing damage you need to optimize your template for Throwing.

Regarding your mana problem, with higher damage comes higher mana leeches and the problem goes away.
Thank you for the very kind and usefull explaination !!

I noticed, though, that you did not consider STAMINA in the math which governs dexterity and, thus, frequency of Throwing.

Now, as we all know, the total pool of stats points is 255 (5 more for those lucky to have gotten a scroll of commendation which I do not have...) and in that, I would need to "ideally" have 125 strength (more damage), 125 stamina (faster throwing) and 125 intelligence (for more mana).

Of course, that comes 125 x3 = 375 points total which is "only" 120 points ABOVE the total 255 CAP....

So, in case of my Template, a Mystic Thrower, how would I best balance my strength dexterity and mana needs ?

I would imagine that, since Mana can be gotten back with Mana Leech items, I should focus on Strength and Stamina and leave less points to intelligence although, some usefull spells require a MINIMUM of Mana so, below X intelligence points one should never go....

Do you have an "equilibrium" to suggest that I reach in between these 3 stats for best results ?

In regards to Strength, Stamina and Intelligence, "what happens" with the points in any of these 3 stats that sometimes are on items ? Are they STILL taken into account BEYOND the 255(or 260) skill CAP ?

For example, let's imagine that a Template has 100 strength, 100 stamina and 55 intelligence = 255.

THEN, this Template ALSO has 25 strength points from items, 25 stamina points from items and 70 intelligence points from items = another 120 points.

Does the math TAKE into account these "extra" 120 stats points coming from items and put it in ADDITIION to the base 255 that the template already has ? Is it "seen" in order to then do the various calculations for damage, dexterity, mana etc. etc. ?

That is, WILL the game consider this Template as effectively having 125 strength, 125 stamina and 125 intelligence albeit through a combination of points in the base pool PLUS those from items ?

Also, in regards to Skills, you suggest that I bring Chivalry up to 100, get Anatomy (120 ?) and also pick up 50 points in Bushido.... That's a LOT of points, 20+120+50 = 190 points...

I would need to "give up" Mysticism (120 points) and probably Focus (120 points) but I would like to keep them as I like Mysticism and various of its spells, Rotten Colossus being the first one....
I find Rotten Colossus very useful for ranged combat, it tanks the enemy which with Throwing I can attack.

Could you please suggest alternatives which would not force me to have to give up my Mysticism abilities ?

Thanks a lot for the kind help !!

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You need a better suite this one isnt great at all, some imbued stuff and then some loot Ive found but you see my stats you ideally like to have 2*150 + extra on top of that and a lot of int and mana aswell.
Stats.jpg
So 335 in stats and and with hpi, sti and mi they total at 421.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need a better suite this one isnt great at all, some imbued stuff and then some loot Ive found but you see my stats you ideally like to have 2*150 + extra on top of that and a lot of int and mana aswell.
View attachment 96245
So 335 in stats and and with hpi, sti and mi they total at 421.
Please explain this better...

I read on the Gump of your character, 139 Strength, 150 Dexterity and 46 Intelligence which add up to 335 stats points.
Since the CAP is 255, how you get the extra 335-255 = 80 points ? from items ?

I also, I seemed to understand that for each individual Stat (strength, dexterity and intelligence) there is a CAP at 125. Since your Strength and Dexterity are well beyond that, does this mean that there is no such CAP and ALSO points "beyond" 125 get taken into account for calculations ?

Also, while your strength is 139 your Hit Points show as 141/141. Does this means that you have 2 points extra from modifiers on items ? What modifier on items give added Hit Points ?
Same for your Stamina which shows at 194/194 while your Dexterity is 150. You have 44 points of "extra" stamina from items ?
And the same for Mana which shows at 86/86 while your intelligence is 46. You have 40 added points of intelligence extra from items ?

That's a LOT of points to "squeeze" onto items !!
That's 80 extra points in stats which, since the most is 8 points, it means 10x 8 modifiers in stats.
Plus, the modifiers for Hit Points (2), Stamina (44) and Mana (40).
That's another 86 points on these 3 increases which, being also capped at 8, means at least another 11 modifiers...

So, ONLY for stats modifiers and assuming that they are all capped at the max value possible of 8, you have in items some 21 modifiers for stats !!!

How many items are in a suit that can carry stats' modifiers ?

This is from what type of Template ? A Warrior ? An Archer ? A Thrower ?

Could you please, kindly indicate of what pieces the suit is made out of and whether they are from expensive artifacts or from imbued pieces ?

Thank you very much for the kind help !!

Last edited:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe part of your issue is the Rotten Colossus. Its rotten after all!:D I'd prefer using its cousin Rising Colossus. This one is not rotten.

What does a Rotten Colossus do? Does it hurl trash and perform smack talk?:p

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So, in case of my Template, a Mystic Thrower, how would I best balance my strength dexterity and mana needs ?
Regarding STR/DEX/INT taken from http://www.uoguide.com/Stats

'You can gain a maximum of 125 points in any particular stat naturally. You can, however, exceed 125 points in any stat through use of items which increase a particular stat when worn. The combined sum of your natural stat points plus what you gain from any stat-altering items cannot exceed 150.'

Both Stamina and Mana can exceed 150 by means of Stamina and Mana Increase on gear/items. What I won't do is tell you how to build a suit as everyone's idea of a good suit varies and not everyone has access to a lot of beneficial artifacts.
Suffice to say, you could put all your base stat points into STR and DEX and still be able to reach 50+ mana for RC by means of Mana/Int Increase if you so wish. So lets say Str=120 Dex=125 Int=10 thats your total of 255 (less commendation scroll).

Also, in regards to Skills, you suggest that I bring Chivalry up to 100, get Anatomy (120 ?) and also pick up 50 points in Bushido.... That's a LOT of points, 20+120+50 = 190 points...
It is a lot of points, you could easily sacrifice Anatomy however against Dread Pirates or any mob without a slayer vulnerability you will absolutely need Chivalrys EoO and Bushidos Perfection to have any hope of getting near the 300% Damage multiplier cap and seeing big numbers on screen.

Could you please suggest alternatives which would not force me to have to give up my Mysticism abilities ?
I wouldn't want to tell you how to build your template but dropping Anatomy as mentioned above would be my only alternative suggestion if you really are set on keeping Mysticism.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe part of your issue is the Rotten Colossus. Its rotten after all!:D I'd prefer using its cousin Rising Colossus. This one is not rotten.

What does a Rotten Colossus do? Does it hurl trash and perform smack talk?:p
Sorry about it, not sure how "rotten" came up in place of "rising"....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding STR/DEX/INT taken from Stats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

'You can gain a maximum of 125 points in any particular stat naturally. You can, however, exceed 125 points in any stat through use of items which increase a particular stat when worn. The combined sum of your natural stat points plus what you gain from any stat-altering items cannot exceed 150.'

Both Stamina and Mana can exceed 150 by means of Stamina and Mana Increase on gear/items. What I won't do is tell you how to build a suit as everyone's idea of a good suit varies and not everyone has access to a lot of beneficial artifacts.
Suffice to say, you could put all your base stat points into STR and DEX and still be able to reach 50+ mana for RC by means of Mana/Int Increase if you so wish. So lets say Str=120 Dex=125 Int=10 thats your total of 255 (less commendation scroll).

It is a lot of points, you could easily sacrifice Anatomy however against Dread Pirates or any mob without a slayer vulnerability you will absolutely need Chivalrys EoO and Bushidos Perfection to have any hope of getting near the 300% Damage multiplier cap and seeing big numbers on screen.

I wouldn't want to tell you how to build your template but dropping Anatomy as mentioned above would be my only alternative suggestion if you really are set on keeping Mysticism.
Just a clarification if you can, thanks.

You mention the UOGuide that says "You can gain a maximum of 125 points in any particular stat naturally. You can, however, exceed 125 points in any stat through use of items which increase a particular stat when worn. The combined sum of your natural stat points plus what you gain from any stat-altering items cannot exceed 150."

From which I uderstand that, EVEN WITH stats from items, the "combined" sum CAP cannot exceed 150.

But then you add : "Both Stamina and Mana can exceed 150 by means of Stamina and Mana Increase on gear/items."

Now, which is which ? Stats gained PLUS stats on items cannot or can exceed 150 ?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Now, which is which ? Stats gained PLUS stats on items cannot or can exceed 150 ?
Key to note STR, DEX and INT are 'separate' from the Stamina and Mana Increase stats.
STR, DEX and INT have a cap, Stamina and Mana increase do not.

Lets use DEX as an example.

Example 1:
if you have 125 natural DEX you can add a further 25 DEX from gear/buffs/potions to take you to the DEX cap of 150. Any DEX over this will not count.
Example 2:
If you have 110 natural DEX, again you can add a further 40 DEX from gear/buffs/potions to take you to the cap of 150.

Now on to Stam and Mana Increase stats

DEX and INT correlate to base Stamina and Mana. If you have 40 INT, you got 40 Mana. If you have 150 Dex, you have 150 Stamina etc. (STR has a slightly different calculation and relates to Hit Points)

Using Stamina increase as an example.

Example 1:
If you already have 150 DEX, you already have 150 Stamina. Then if you have say +8 Stamina increase on 4 Pieces of armour (+32) your DEX remains 150 but your Stamina will now show 182.

Example 2:
If you have only 120 DEX but have the same 4 pieces of armour with +8 Stamina Increase Your DEX will remain as 120 but your Stamina will now show 152.

Just to reiterate, STR, DEX and INT have a cap, Stamina and Mana Increase do not. Hope that is clear.