• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Developer Meet And Greet ~ Catskills ~ March 25th, 2019

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Larisa submitted a new Article:

Developer Meet And Greet ~ Catskills ~ March 25th, 2019

Mesanna says: shall we begin

EM Faine Morgan says: *looks to Mesanna* ready?

Mesanna says: yes please

a cat says: Meow!

Mesanna says: greetings

a cat says: First I wish to thank you very much for fixing the bamboo tile bug!

Kyronix says: Good evening Catskills!

a cat says: Makes me very very happy....

Mesanna says: the fix has helped with lag

Mesanna says: which of course was the purpose

a cat says: And my owner wishes to ask if you could please pretty please make a Lumbermill... which will turn logs to boards.

a cat says: Where she can drop a whole pile on it

Kyronix says: We have that! Kinda...

a cat says: And even if it takes...
Read more about this article here...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the transcript of this,but I can't get over the cringe factor at every one of these when it comes to the questions asked, or the follow up poor attempt at RP by some players.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah all the big number account holders got together and used bribery and the corruption of the team helped them out. Another sign that this game will never get better as long as this dev team is in charge. These are the people who multibox, dupe stuff, some are most likely EM's on different shards, work with RMT sites. Lets face it the only reason to have so many accounts open is to do shady stuff, otherwise it would waste too much of that persons money.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate the idea of IDOC's being an auction. The only ones to benefit will be those who have millions/platinum in the bank and make it so casual players have to purchase gold to compete.

Mesanna already said no, but they really need to go back to the old system.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah all the big number account holders got together and used bribery and the corruption of the team helped them out. Another sign that this game will never get better as long as this dev team is in charge. These are the people who multibox, dupe stuff, some are most likely EM's on different shards, work with RMT sites. Lets face it the only reason to have so many accounts open is to do shady stuff, otherwise it would waste too much of that persons money.
So your saying that my 14 accounts are for shady stuff? You are accusing me of something? I'd like to know what that is?

Far as I know they are for holding RP housing... Storage of gifts and such and stuff from friends who have long gone... with 14 accounts and characters on each and every shard yes it takes a lot to store that many gifts even at one per account per server... So what exactly are you accusing me of? And I barely play UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I hate the idea of IDOC's being an auction. The only ones to benefit will be those who have millions/platinum in the bank and make it so casual players have to purchase gold to compete.

Mesanna already said no, but they really need to go back to the old system.
I agree... Auctions only give the rich more.... not like they need it. I'd rather see a lottery. Something where you can only enter one time perhaps per IP though the nefarious would have ways around that too... One per account lottery.... and then split the loot evenly between say 10 to 20 "winners"... each randomly getting a percentage of what was there and having X amount of time to pick it up otherwise it's dropped in the cavern of the discarded.

Auctions only favor those with the most gold... they leave the poor and those who would actually benefit like new and returning players out... which IMO is unfair... and if they wanted to make it a gold sink then 10k per Lotto ticket would be more than plenty over time. That is cheap enough that a new or returning player could afford it yet enough to make gold vanish from game if 100 accounts or more sign up for the lotto... They could have a daily lotto board to check who won and to see what's available to put in on at the new Commons. This way everyone would get a fair chance at having an opportunity to put in their ticket.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Whole lot of accusations with no proof what so ever. You sound like someone that when things don't turn out the way you think it should then there is some kind of conspiracy.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So 41 people show up for a M&G and lets say half are the protesters. Hell that could be one person with EJ accounts. Man that was a scary mob to intimidate the DEVs.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree... Auctions only give the rich more.... not like they need it. I'd rather see a lottery. Something where you can only enter one time perhaps per IP though the nefarious would have ways around that too... One per account lottery.... and then split the loot evenly between say 10 to 20 "winners"... each randomly getting a percentage of what was there and having X amount of time to pick it up otherwise it's dropped in the cavern of the discarded.

Auctions only favor those with the most gold... they leave the poor and those who would actually benefit like new and returning players out... which IMO is unfair... and if they wanted to make it a gold sink then 10k per Lotto ticket would be more than plenty over time. That is cheap enough that a new or returning player could afford it yet enough to make gold vanish from game if 100 accounts or more sign up for the lotto... They could have a daily lotto board to check who won and to see what's available to put in on at the new Commons. This way everyone would get a fair chance at having an opportunity to put in their ticket.
What if there was a block on the amount of money the bidder had? EA knows what your bank balance is. So, they hold an IDOC auction for players who have less than (for example) 5 plat, or 500 mil ... you get the idea.

As a character registers for the auction, their bank balance determines entry or refusal. Of course auctions will also be those of any bank balance as well.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if there was a block on the amount of money the bidder had? EA knows what your bank balance is. So, they hold an IDOC auction for players who have less than (for example) 5 plat, or 500 mil ... you get the idea.

As a character registers for the auction, their bank balance determines entry or refusal. Of course auctions will also be those of any bank balance as well.
Why would EA care about how much Gold I have, EA only deals in the GREEN stuff, BS/DAoC/UO deal with gold.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So your saying that my 14 accounts are for shady stuff? You are accusing me of something? I'd like to know what that is?
I agree that it's really not fair to condemn people based on their approach to playing the game when that approach isn't inherently dishonest or cheating.

While there are certainly plenty of dishonest multiple account holders, most are probably doing so for valid reasons. There are jerks and cheaters of all descriptions. The problem, as always, is the lack of enforcement.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That’s Brilliant. SERIOUS brilliant, if it was intentional. Mr. Nye Lars asks his question then proceeds to give the web addy. Not once but twice LOL.:D

Now when anyone clicks @Larisa ‘s link to read the M&G we get multiple active links from Stratics to the site’s front page gold selling offer. Classic. :grin:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That’s Brilliant. SERIOUS brilliant, if it was intentional. Mr. Nye Lars asks his question then proceeds to give the web addy. Not once but twice LOL.[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]:D[/bcolor]

Now when anyone clicks @Larisa ‘s link to read the M&G we get multiple active links from Stratics to the site’s front page gold selling offer. Classic. :grin:
They are on it. Can't be much longer until the website closes. Maybe in may with the new account management ;)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They probably also threatened to no longer run the facebook page or the swag store for them. But ofc its all :tinhat:

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
That’s Brilliant. SERIOUS brilliant, if it was intentional. Mr. Nye Lars asks his question then proceeds to give the web addy. Not once but twice LOL.:D

Fixed. We don't support and definitely don't wish to direct traffic to that here, and just missed the links/references. Please use the report feature if you notice this sort of thing.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fixed. We don't support and definitely don't wish to direct traffic to that here, and just missed the links/references. Please use the report feature if you notice this sort of thing.
I know Riyana. Figured just a small oversight which is why I tagged Larisa since it's her thread.

Def not pointing fingers or engaging in some foil hat conspiracy.
The dude got some free publicity & active links tho... funny stuff :p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep sorry...multi-tasking and forgot to edit that out!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I could get behind a lottery. To create somewhat of a gold sink, charge 100k per ticket and have it at Brit Commons. One ticket per active account, no EJ. Maybe show total number of items/weight but that's it. The winner gets the items in a vault with a week or so to clear it out with it being deleted after that.