• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The new pet - Triton..... Is it a God or a Moon?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Triton is a old greek god in the mythology... so is this pet inheritor to that name???

Triton (mythology) - Wikipedia

or - is it that after the astrology we just had implanted in game, they discovered the planet Neptune and its moon???

Triton (moon) - Wikipedia

Do we get a new God pet or a Moon pet??
It could be both ... it's the product of the god mooning us! <shrug>

IRL I believe the moon was named after the god, thus the upcoming pet is also named after the god. Just my take on it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Triton is a old greek god in the mythology... so is this pet inheritor to that name???

Triton (mythology) - Wikipedia

or - is it that after the astrology we just had implanted in game, they discovered the planet Neptune and its moon???

Triton (moon) - Wikipedia

Do we get a new God pet or a Moon pet??
I think you are right. Name comes from the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite, one of the Nereids, who became Poseidon's Queen. They lived in a golden palace deep in the ocean. Problem is that Triton is depicted in statues etc as a male Mermaid or Merman, not a reptilian. But..whatever..LOL. Also there are chances that what is on TC1 may be just a placeholder, and the Devs may change all that. Also chances are that if this will be a very nice pet, it will probably cost a pazillion points..

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know, or care. I do however WANT ONE! *kicks feet, and holds breath* I think the idea of "doling" out the rewards, a bit at a time was not one of the better ideas the devs have had. @Bleak @Kyronix At this point, I have already "slowed down" on the new content, because I have NO IDEA of what I will spend my points on, if anything. I no desire for a parrot that takes up a USABLE slot, and I could care less about the other 2 items. Why bother if I will never spend them. Come on devs give us a clue, or get the rewards out for us!!!!!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I don't know, or care. I do however WANT ONE! *kicks feet, and holds breath* I think the idea of "doling" out the rewards, a bit at a time was not one of the better ideas the devs have had. @Bleak @Kyronix At this point, I have already "slowed down" on the new content, because I have NO IDEA of what I will spend my points on, if anything. I no desire for a parrot that takes up a USABLE slot, and I could care less about the other 2 items. Why bother if I will never spend them. Come on devs give us a clue, or get the rewards out for us!!!!!
The suspense is killing every one..:popcorn:

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a Sea Slug. It wins ugliest pet award. The only reason people will use it is if its OP. Or it actually travels on the water.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
At least it’s not a sea mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's this dude:

Ya know, I wanted to like that for being such an obscure spot on name reference but after watching the clip couldn’t for fear of subjecting anyone else to such painfully bad cinema.

I want my 7 mins back.

And that salamander looks like a Godzilla turd.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know, I wanted to like that for being such an obscure spot on name reference but after watching the clip couldn’t for fear of subjecting anyone else to such painfully bad cinema.

I want my 7 mins back.

And that salamander looks like a Godzilla turd.
If you watch the whole movie, you'll leave begging for more! :D