• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Over capped skills question

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If the pet planner shows a pet can have max overcapped skill of 115 post tame, how do I calculate what that skill will be pre-tame?

Gardo

Journeyman
I would assume the skill would lower by 28% after taming and can be raised to 90% pretame levels....like the wrestling and tactics on a greater dragon. Unless there is a difference between creatures I am unaware of...

So to figure out your example of 115 post tame, you would go 115/.90 = 127.77777778. So pretame would be ~127.7.

Again, this is the math I’ve used when farming greater dragons.

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If the pet planner shows a pet can have max overcapped skill of 115 post tame, how do I calculate what that skill will be pre-tame?
I can look into a way to add pre-tame stats for half-statted pets and overcapped skills into the bestiary.

But what @Gardo said is pretty accurate, any skill over 100 will be reduced by 90% on tame, if it is over 100 still that will become its new skill cap. So if you are loring creatures in the wild, you can estimate their new skill cap by doing Skill*.90. If you know the tamed skill cap and want to know the pre-tame skill to look for, what Gardo mentioned above will work for the reverse.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
The animal beastiary shows GD wrestling up to 130 post tame, so wild it would need to be 144? Never seen a wild one with wrestling that high. Must be rare.

I'm interested in pets that can spawn with >120 wrestling or close to it. Besides 4 slot GD also interested in Dimetrosaur and Saurosaurus because they have over capped resists as well. On my necromage tamer I have a sauro with 85 physical and 90 fire resist, but his wrestling is only 101, looks like they can get up to 117, also they have overcapped tactics and focus A Dimetrosaur with 90% physical resist and 116+ wrestling would also be nice. Unfortunately they are difficult to farm. Someone recommended provoking them onto the T-Rex, however I tried that and even with 120 music/provoke I failed constantly...perhaps I could try again with a slayer instrument for better results.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cold drakes can have over 120 wrestling and tactics.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Tamed another 4 slot GD in Destard today. It has better resists and higher skills than the first one I got. 85 fire resist and 115 wrestling.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cold drakes can have over 120 wrestling and tactics.
I doubt the first part of the above quoted statement! I have yet to see a cold drake with wrestling greater than 117.0. But of course I only tamed nineteen (19) yet so far by myself. Highest self seen tactics was 125.3 so far!

On the other hand, my best wrestler greater dragon has 130.2! As a wild beast, it had 144.6! That beast had been tamed in Feluccas Wind mid january 2011 - bonded 01/24/11.

[EDIT]BTW - the Wind town guards - in Felucca AND Trammel - hate my stealth herder(s) with a passion since a good while.[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]Tamed and trained three (3) 4-slot greater dragons so far - all were kinda "crappy" more or less - gave 'em all away or sold 'em "dead cheap" - first one tamed sept 17 in Blackthorn's basement (Trammel) - 2nd and 3rd ones tamed both in Wind (Trammel) during 03/25/18 - gave up searching for them since that time. That 3rd 4-slot GD was my #91 of all greater dragons tamed and trained so far. Since that #91, that particular counter had not got increased yet. All this happened on Europa![/EDIT2]

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I tamed a Dimetrosaur last night that has 90 physical resist, near the high end of HP/STR and 113 wrestling,118 magic resist. Not bad at all. I know they can get up to 116 wrestling, but what's the odds of getting that and 90 physical resist? I'll keep checking the Dime spawn though to see if I can find one even better. I think this guy will work well in Shadowguard, in the Bar room.

My outlook on taming has changed a bit with this 2nd tamer. With my first one I would be OK with average stats on pets, and wasn't really concerned about colors. With this new guy I'm only building out pets with the colors I want or high end stats. I keep checking for better pets and don't settle for whatever is there.

I have a pretty good 4 slot dragon, but I'm still looking for that elusive 4 slot with over capped physical/fire resists and >120 wrestling skill.

I have a cold drake with 117 wrestling and around 122 tactics, and it's that purple color, the darkest one.

Still farming Cu's for high end black/white/red/blaze cu's. So far the best one I've found is black with 550 HP and good resists.

I got a Hiryu, that blue/yellow color, I know it's not one of the super rare colors, but I've wanted it since I first saw it because it's 2 toned.