• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spinning and loom add-ons seems to be bugged, acting like static deco

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My gargoyle carpenter made a new loom and spinning wheels in order to make yarn from piles of wool. They no longer function and show any gump to select actions. I initially tried placing them on house paver tiles and retried on legacy castle floor, none of which worked to fix the issue. I also tried clicking the addons with human and elven character. I don't relish the thought of hauling wool piles that weigh 4 stones each! Guess hauling wool to tailor shop is not a workaround. Their loom and spinning wheels are static deco as well. I also check the sewing machine vet reward to see if had a make yarn ability in its menu. No make yarn option there either.

The yarn is needed to craft fuse cords and vital in firing cannons for the publish 104 content. HELP! No fuse cords, means no way to fire cannons, no maritime cargo from ship battles, and no flying parrot!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*sheepish grin*

Operator error...guildie told me to double click the wool and then target the spinning wheel!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
*sheepish grin*

Operator error...guildie told me to double click the wool and then target the spinning wheel!
Make a macro or you'll get cramps. I've found that using UOA with the CC I still have to initially reset the target when I come back in after logging. This is even using the loom/wheel in my own house. <shrug> Small price when you're doing 200+ cotton or wool.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Macro for sure!

Its easy to forget about stuff we learn as new players.

As an old vet with money... its far faster to just BUY the yarn from the NPC. ;)

Not to mention faster. Not to mention... well, faster is better. hehe

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*sheepish grin*

If you are going for BULK my suggestion is to grab 3 spinning wheels as you can double click the wool hit the wheel use last item and keep going down the line by the time the third wheel is hit the first wheel should be finished spinning... that's why you'll see in my crafting places 3 wheels and 2 looms.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are going for BULK my suggestion is to grab 3 spinning wheels as you can double click the wool hit the wheel use last item and keep going down the line by the time the third wheel is hit the first wheel should be finished spinning... that's why you'll see in my crafting places 3 wheels and 2 looms.

I have nearly the same setup. I have five spinning wheels and two looms. With macro set to use-item-type, I can usually get the fifth wheel spinning right as the first one stops.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love you all for the wonderful suggestions. Through lots of collecting via play and idocs, I have a pancake flippin' pile of wool...over 10k. Good time to turn some of it into yarn. If I didn't have that stash, buying the cloth or yarn would be most wise.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make a MACRO Last Object Last Target.
DBL clk wool target spinning wheel
Now hold down key with MACRO