• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rising Tide - Test Center Release 4

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats what the patch was today. Guess we will get the official one later.

Changes Since Release 3
  • Fixed issue where Frostwood would not spawn in NPC ship cargo.
  • Triton – adjusted stats & skills.
  • Fixed issue where the Triton would display incorrectly in the tracking and trade gumps.
  • Added castle contest winners to the house placement tool.
Ultima Store Items
  • Update to the House Teleporter! Now you can set which type of object the teleporter displays as! Choose from new switches and a trap door! Access the context menu to change the type.
  • Decorative Kitchen Set – Enjoy this beautiful kitchen set to spruce up your cooking space!
    • Included Items
      • China Cabinet
      • Pie Safe
      • Butcher Block
      • Wash Basin
      • Countertops
      • Wood Stove
    • Use a variety of dyetubs, dyes, and pigments to customize the color of your kitchen set!
    • The wash basin works as a water container!
    • The wood stove functions as a source of fire for cooking and alchemy!
Veteran Rewards
  • New veteran rewards have been added to the veteran reward system!
  • Water Wheel – 10th Year
    • House addon that can be placed on existing house addon water features, such as the koi pond
    • Functions as a water source
  • Tinker Bench – 7th Year
    • Power tool for tinkering that allows tinkering
    • Stores up to 5000 charges
  • Embroidery Tool – 5th Year
    • Can be used to embroider clothing items
    • Recharge via NPC tinkers
  • Repair Bench – 5th Year
    • House addon that can store and use repair deeds from all crafting systems
    • Stores up to 500 charges per skill
  • Statuettes – can be turned on & off by double clicking and play a sound when approached
    • Krampus – 1st Year
    • Khal Ankur – 2nd Year
    • Krampus Minion – 3rd Year

For those that dont want to click.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a new Clicky for the Kitchen set. China Cabinet and Pie Safe can be in opened or closed position.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The kitchen is nice, cannot place my own china in the cabinet or pies... darn!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New veteran rewards have been added to the veteran reward system!
Can I assume this does not mean world wide? They do not seem to be appearing in my gump even after patch.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can I assume this does not mean world wide? They do not seem to be appearing in my gump even after patch.
Ya that part is old. Still on TC. This a TC update. The changes and store items are new.

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed any existing ranged weapons that had the Use Best Weapon property.
Is this a good fix, as in archery UBWS will now work, or bad fix, as in the property will be removed?
Not clear on the context.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about UGLY. These housing contests are a joke. Everyone was worried that people would make cubes, but thats exactly what we are getting. Im not sure what people are finding appealing with these designs or any of them for that matter.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The extra counter pieces in the pack should really be storage. It's a lot of floorspace to give up for for only two containers (and stacking them as in the image above will make them clip into the next story :sad3:)

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I notice 2 things right off the bat with the pie safe and china cabinet. First, they stick up through the second floor if places on a counter top and second, the pie safe doors won't close after it is opened.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about UGLY. These housing contests are a joke. Everyone was worried that people would make cubes, but thats exactly what we are getting. Im not sure what people are finding appealing with these designs or any of them for that matter.
I think a few are at least improvements over the last batch.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To some, the kitchen set is content. It's also a $-maker for BS which is coming out with content (and QoL updates). So chill. :p
LOL not gonna be a $$ maker when peeps find out they were tested AT ALL...or else they would have known they stick thru the ceiling and wont close. Do we even HAVE a QA dept still?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL not gonna be a $$ maker when peeps find out they were tested AT ALL...or else they would have known they stick thru the ceiling and wont close. Do we even HAVE a QA dept still?
This is what is being tested.

Test Center Release 4

We are testing it. I dont think we need a degree in computer science to test a cabinet.
Give your input in the correct area and it will be heard.
One of my favorite online game posters was Willing Lab Rat.

For some of us testing is part of the fun in UO.

Ruby Knight

Sage
Stratics Veteran
From the official Website in reply to my comment on broken content:

I said:"I notice 2 things right off the bat with the pie safe and china cabinet. First, they stick up through the second floor if places on a counter top and second, the pie safe doors won't close after it is opened."

kronix.JPG

WTF?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do we open the Maritime Cargo chests looted from the lighthouse?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How well do the kitchen parts mix with the bar parts?

After all, they are of similar design, the bar sink also can be filled with water, and there are container parts in the bar as well.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got mildly excited about them. But then I realized they're going to be sold and not craftable. So any excitement I had is gone.
Exactly. Everything like this should be obtainable in game instead of having to pay extra. 20 yrs of unbroken monthly subscription (on top of paying for expansions) is starting to mean less and less.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never seen China items before, it is something new to me. I will definitely get one.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exactly. Everything like this should be obtainable in game instead of having to pay extra. 20 yrs of unbroken monthly subscription (on top of paying for expansions) is starting to mean less and less.
Broadsword has to make the bottom line EA demands. And for every player quitting, another player has to make up the lost revenue. Like putting new colored soulstones or some furniture in the store and they good for another 3 months.