• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wild Tigers... Are the Good for Taming Pets?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it or not… 3 different people have asked me about the wild tigers in the last few weeks. I run around a lot on an ethereal tiger... and some assume these are like the big dogs. I dont know if I'm the only one willing to talk to strangers as I run around on business or what. I'm not a bank-sitter hanging about Luna stables. hehe

Frankly, I totally love tigers. I'd have a real one if I could get away with it. On the fence, signs saying "Trespassers will be EATEN". Loads of people keep tigers as pets in the east. Have to wonder if the % of humans attacked by pet tigers is higher or lower then pit-bulls in the USA. Seams that issue is a daily event.

Anyways...

I really dont understand newer monsters that attack you... for no other reason then you are passing by... and you take a karma hit for defending yourself. Those new drakes for one. You also get punished for killing a lion. Why you dont take a big karma hit for killing a tiger is beyond me.

Well, I get off my ethereal and show them its an ethereal... and how old your account must be to use one. I also end up telling them where the tiger spawn is. I ventured out to the spawn and noticed you can tame them. I honestly am not skilled at taming anything that attacks me. Thus, my taming skill (in life and keyboard) is horrid. Tame hunting, I'm not bad at all these days. It suddenly dawned on me that you just never see actual tamed wild tigers around Luna (on Atlantic). At least... I dont see them. In the field, I see all kinds of different pets used for hunting... so many are OLDER types (not classic), but with the new taming system these pets are quite more powerful then they used to be.

I would even dare to say I dont see a lot of pets being used that I used to 5-7 years ago. Perhaps they fell out of favor or didnt measure up in the new system. I'm rotten at remembering the names of animals in this world... as my memory needs to be used for work more. Blue bugs, yellow bugs... I see all the time. Dont see a lot of those big Asian birds any more. Havnt seen a single raptor in combat (they used to be best in pairs), packed. Dont see a lot of the new dinos… but I see the odd little one that poisons constantly. No clue what its called.

I also see new odd animals at Luna stables in passing that I just have no clue anything about them. Like, the other day... this demonic ram of some kind. I should have wrote down the name... but I was busy.

So, are the wild tigers any good? Just a fact of wondering. :)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with the Wild Tiger is that it is not as good as a cu sidhe.
It does not have heal.
When training you can't add chivalry or mysticism or discordance or...
You can't ride one even though the artwork is already there.

So hey. Send feedback to Mesanna that you want a tiger-alternative to the cu sidhe or lesser hiryu.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with the Wild Tiger is that it is not as good as a cu sidhe.
It does not have heal.
When training you can't add chivalry or mysticism or discordance or...
You can't ride one even though the artwork is already there.

So hey. Send feedback to Mesanna that you want a tiger-alternative to the cu sidhe or lesser hiryu.
Thats a good idea! I really dont expect Mesanna to respond. I'm pretty sure they dont even look at these message boards any more, either.

I'm really not sure if any other pet even heals itself like the big dogs. Everyone has their own hunting style. It seams to me some of these hand-to-hand people dont even need to pay attention half the time, they are far too powerful... and some pets are way more powerful then the dogs. I've never been good at all the macros connected to those spell-powered fighters. Besides... I like to just keep the dog between me and the spawn and use a ton of enhanced bandages. hehe

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a good idea! I really dont expect Mesanna to respond. I'm pretty sure they dont even look at these message boards any more, either.

I'm really not sure if any other pet even heals itself like the big dogs. Everyone has their own hunting style. It seams to me some of these hand-to-hand people dont even need to pay attention half the time, they are far too powerful... and some pets are way more powerful then the dogs. I've never been good at all the macros connected to those spell-powered fighters. Besides... I like to just keep the dog between me and the spawn and use a ton of enhanced bandages. hehe
Oh I'm pretty sure at least @Kyronix lurks around :)

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as healing pets, the triton coming out(does, but it hasnt been released yet, so may change) lion, sabertooth tiger and triceratops can heal.

Somethings wrong with dino tho, havent found one that actually uses skills it has.
(I believe you can feed them a com crystal to make em talk tho).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
you don't lose karma when you kill a tiger, cause its pelt is a requirement for the tailoring recipes you can get in Eodon.
If you keep killing them, you can get a white or a black one to spawn...
I keep training them up, but if they don't make it to level 4, they keep resetting back to when they were first tamed.
I've had this happen to the platinum & crimson drakes too... And the 2 slot void nightmare... gets aggravating.
It seems my tamer is cursed...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
you don't lose karma when you kill a tiger, cause its pelt is a requirement for the tailoring recipes you can get in Eodon.
If you keep killing them, you can get a white or a black one to spawn...
I keep training them up, but if they don't make it to level 4, they keep resetting back to when they were first tamed.
I've had this happen to the platinum & crimson drakes too... And the 2 slot void nightmare... gets aggravating.
It seems my tamer is cursed...
Hard to believe..They keep resetting to the pretame level? Hard to believe this is happening. Is this a new bug? Can you please explain? Thanks..

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check at the #1 post "Why you dont take a big karma hit for killing a tiger is beyond me."

You should sure take a massive negative karma hit when you kill a tiger. As is, you get one killing a lion and they attack you first. Same with those new drakes... and they are evil. That makes no sense at all. Serpentine dragon gives massive bad feedback when killed, but it doesnt attack you first (unless you are evil, like unicorns, pixies and such). Meer are the same. Its all about a lack of pure logic, when these newer things were designed.

I know all about the tiger skin armor. I never see anyone wearing it. I dont go out for new fads... so... what'evs. :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hard to believe..They keep resetting to the pretame level? Hard to believe this is happening. Is this a new bug? Can you please explain? Thanks..
Every time there is a new publish, they keep resetting to a level 2 pet, with anywhere from 4 - 22% training at that level... (platinum drakes)
I've lost count of how many times I took them out trying to get them to a level 5 pet...
the voidmare I actually had at a lvl 5 but didn't have the scrolls to put on it... now it is a lvl 2 at 37.20%
I don't know why its happening like that to my pets, it gets very frustrating

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Every time there is a new publish, they keep resetting to a level 2 pet, with anywhere from 4 - 22% training at that level... (platinum drakes)
I've lost count of how many times I took them out trying to get them to a level 5 pet...
the voidmare I actually had at a lvl 5 but didn't have the scrolls to put on it... now it is a lvl 2 at 37.20%
I don't know why its happening like that to my pets, it gets very frustrating
Did you talk to a GM about this? this sounds like a bug of some sort..

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Met someone, taming dogs... that we had a chat around the WBB stables. So happened they worked 6 hours to get a white and black tiger, working through the spawn. The 2nd came just after the first. Rather amazing! All and all, I'd take the white over the black... BUT I'm sure its just like with black and white dogs. They were only hot sells for show... not for actual hunting. Used to buy and sell those all day long! :)