• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

At what level of taming/lore does pet training become an option?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
depends on the taming/lore needed for the animal

Last edited:

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
good rule of thumb is having lore/taming higher than what you're taming to get training? Was thinking of training a bear for farming, or maybe a wolf? No real intention of going to GM really...

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
good rule of thumb is having lore/taming higher than what you're taming to get training? Was thinking of training a bear for farming, or maybe a wolf? No real intention of going to GM really...
Vollems are really good pets for nontamers, they start off with the starts of legacy nightmares but have negative taming control requirements so they can be trained up a certain amount and any joat human can control them.

Xel N'Jare

Adventurer
You will need 108 to control that 5 slot Bane.
Oh, my question was for my imbuer - just wanted to train up say a polar bear to 3 slot to farm around in New Haven Mine for a bit... I have that character at 50 Taming/Lore and the training option isn't there (and it's a 35.1 taming requirement) - so maybe 70 would open it up?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh, my question was for my imbuer - just wanted to train up say a polar bear to 3 slot to farm around in New Haven Mine for a bit... I have that character at 50 Taming/Lore and the training option isn't there (and it's a 35.1 taming requirement) - so maybe 70 would open it up?
You could buy a Vollem like K said and it would be a better companion. From the cleanup officer.

Or maybe a fire or giant beetle would do what you want without training.

There is a link to a control calculator somewhere in a recent thread. But pushing the button increases the requirement by >20. 70 should work if you really want the bear. 70 may not be enough to advance it if you do not choose the build wisely.