• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this an odd bonus skill standard in jewels?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I need a +15 piece of jewelry in archery... for training... of (believe this) an archer.

Jewels have changed so much in the last few years, I didnt have a whole lot in my stores from before. I also only have 1 archer who was GMed a very LONG time ago during Power Hour... so I never had training issues.

I have been spending the last few days scanning every single ring and bracelet thats crossed my eyes... looking for the +15. Honestly, normally I just pass these things over! Only looking at leather armor... to make basic suits as needed. I've never been good at building full no-regs + good resist suits. I go to more "experts" for that! (Years ago) I used to look for low-regs and sell them gold per %... mainly 10, 15, 20%. Whatever! Was awhile ago. It doesnt even matter any more as these things just dont sell any more. I got in to the habit of just ignoring them. Look at the leather armor, quickly move on.

What I've been noticing, these hours upon hours of searching... 95% (or more) of all jewels only have +5% of any skill. The rare less then 5% of the rest will have something in the range of 10-15%. I have seen a few things 15%! Maybe the bulk of the 5%. Some odd combos. Not talking about enhanced potions. Not bonus stats. It just seams the seams highly skewed to total rubbish (+5%). No wonder few pay attention. hehe

Anyone on Atlantic can help solve this issue? I totally dont understand the whole imbuing thing. Please let me know. Thanks.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's easy enough to imbue a ring with +15 archery using 10 crystalline blackrock, if that's what you're asking
I imagine most of the jewelry you see on vendor search is loot

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Training an archer?
Put all your arrows into quivers.
Take a self-repair bow and plink the slimes and acid slugs in the Underworld.
Stand on the ledges where those monsters can't get you.
Shoot the gremlin a few times.
AFK for a few hours.
Come back grandmaster.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aren't you supposed to not add to the skill you are training? Or do you want it to take longer.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training an archer?
AFK for a few hours.
Come back grandmaster.
Thank you! Its nice to see more then 2 gains in an hour... forget in 5 mins seeing more like 10 gains! lol.

I'm just not much for bank-sitting... or... Luna stable sitting, working skills. I was actually in the field fighting and not getting much of anything... thus you become a little discourage not seeing results. This being in building mode, not combat mode. Frankly, I'm all about tamers for doing more damage... but trying something new. I also see using a standard GM bow is working just fine! I couldn't see looking for a repairing bow... as I'm going to go off, unattended. I used to sell SO many GM bows for skill building back in the day. Like, restocking the vendor every day, so much. Nice to see the need has not gone away even if the traffic has.

The real crime is I have no clue if this new build is even worth doing. Some people love them! I have several slots open for new designs. No point keeping them around just to get holiday gifts. hehe

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Training an archer?
AFK for a few hours.
Come back grandmaster.
Worked really good while I made phone calls and kept a few GM bows and stacks of 500 arrows to restock the quiver. :)

Seamed to lock up at 62.0 so I quit. Wonder if thats enough to move on.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The slugs will take you to 120 weapon skill... and i think about 70 tactics

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Move on to the acid slugs, pretty sure they get you to grandmaster
Thats totally insane. :) Thank you. I'll have to try again tomorrow. Was a surprising about of traffic breezing past me as I watched the farming.

I also stocked a bunch of new GM bows at the mall just in case anyone needs them for this. Not that this dungeon existed back in the day I was selling 100+ a day... but its hard to believe its forgotten that GMs are great for skill building like this. No point adding durability. Just throw it down at zero and arm the next.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
that is also a good place to gain Humility
type in lum lum lum
(don't forget to type it again before leaving the area)

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got about 10.0% in one setting with several people helping themselves to spawn so I couldn't auto target... but whatever. Between yesterday and today, I am past the 15% need in skill gain via a jewel. So, there is that.

Still makes me wonder, looking at all the jewels I see in loot, in chests... why the skill bonus is so amazingly set to rubbish so much of the time.

By the way... I did searches for imbued rings... ask for help from friends, not zip. Atlantic. Guess there is a BIG call for demand and zero supply. Vendor Wanted! :)