• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can someone suggest a Cu build?

Fenbay

Adventurer
I'm planning to run a tamer/bard/ build with my sampire. Finally got a Cu that tested over 65% on the pet power calculator. I'd like a hands-off as possible versatile Cu build for doing spawns and other content with my samp. I'd kind of like to not mess him up right off the bat too. :)

Would someone mind posting or linking to a build that I could follow for the neophyte tamer?

Thanks!

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Here’s my build:

115 Taming
110 Lore
120 Magery
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace
120 Provo or Meditation

I run with a lot of +skill items (jewelry, Mark of Travest, talisman, etc). Until you can afford that, you can reduce meditation and magery.

I usually run with the peace songs solo, Provo in a group. With human JOAT, I can keep both peace songs running forever if I use 4x120 bard, though meditation helps if I’m casting casting other spells.

If you want an all purpose Cu, maybe a mystic, AI, goo cu? Personally, I like having a goo/FWW for spawns and other builds for other encounters.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Planned to run peace for the regens and defensive buffs.
If your Sampire is tanking, which he should be, your pet shouldnt be taking a lot of damage between the pets HPR and the peace songs damage reduction and HPR, you can really expand your pet choices to better fit the encounters. Especially if you plan to use onslaught on your Sampire. Think about what weapons the Sampire will be using and select pets with a damage type that matches that weapon. You will do so much more dps this way. For bosses I would suggest looking into a fire steed and/or fire beetle with rune corruption (fire damage) and lesser hiryu (physical damage) as choices. For spawns you could go with something even like a goo/fww CU. Just some things to think about.

Fenbay

Adventurer
I guess what I was looking for was advice on an overall build that could do a lot of content. I don't have the resources or time to make a custom pet for a bunch of different encounters so I was hoping to find an overall durable pet that could come help the sampire. Would be nice if he could survive as a tank if I screw-up and die, which I do often.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess what I was looking for was advice on an overall build that could do a lot of content. I don't have the resources or time to make a custom pet for a bunch of different encounters so I was hoping to find an overall durable pet that could come help the sampire. Would be nice if he could survive as a tank if I screw-up and die, which I do often.
An AI/Chiv Cu makes a good pet that can fight small things on their own and you just need to vet or heal them when the big boss shows up.

Choosing points for a Cu slot 3 to 4. 1st points allocation

Do that first and no matter what you choose to add in the last round, you have room to add it. The base pet will be ready for some killing once the skills are >GM.