• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is ToT still active?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pretty ceratin it's been over for many years now. Having glanced over the Tokuno rewards/artifacts I don't see anything particularly desirable, maybe a couple of things that might have a degree of utility but nothing I would pay millions for these days.

Would be nice to see a reprise of the event, bring a little life back in to Tokuno other than Yomotsu mines for pet training! Maybe flip the switch on for a month or so, I'd be all for that.

Dyes would probably be the most desirable thing I can see and I doubt there is much of those left in the market now so I don't think many peoples noses would be out of joint if it did make a comeback.

I believe you can still trade in lesser Artifacts, can't confirm cos I don'y have any though.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, i killed dread spiders for an hour and nothing. Used to be better gold on those too. They did reprise ToT once or twice I remember. I lost two houses in 2014 and ALL my Tokono pigments were in one.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah, i killed dread spiders for an hour and nothing. Used to be better gold on those too. They did reprise ToT once or twice I remember. I lost two houses in 2014 and ALL my Tokono pigments were in one.
You can buy them in the store now if you want to.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can buy them in the store now if you want to.

I did see that. Three bottles costs more than a monthly sub. Seems quite overpriced.

R these the original ones?

Berserker Red
Rum Red
Dryad Green
Nox Green
Luna White
Invulnerability Blue
Shadow Dancer Black
Violet Courage Purple

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did see that. Three bottles costs more than a monthly sub. Seems quite overpriced.

R these the original ones?

Berserker Red
Rum Red
Dryad Green
Nox Green
Luna White
Invulnerability Blue
Shadow Dancer Black
Violet Courage Purple
yep

and a paragon gold too, as well as some kind of bright orange I forgot the name of

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You can still as far as I know turn in the "lesser" items for a greater one... but no it hasn't been active for years.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dyes would probably be the most desirable thing I can see and I doubt there is much of those left in the market now so I don't think many peoples noses would be out of joint if it did make a comeback.
Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune is by far the best Tokuno Artifact in our opinion! At the time of the ToT III we were traveling in Asia so we missed it completely, so we'd we welcome a comeback with open arms! (Though we were lucky to get 2 from our Guild!) Would also be fair on those who started UO after it, no chance of the Mempo without...

Ezekiel, not sure if you already noticed, but you can also get some special dyes via BOD rewards nowadays. Cooking and Alchemy (and Inscription for Spellbooks only). Limited however, just 5 colors, and quite different from ToT, but still... Maybe you already know, but well, when returning there is a LOT of info to intake. So better to hear it twice than not at all. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune is by far the best Tokuno Artifact in our opinion! At the time of the ToT III we were traveling in Asia so we missed it completely, so we'd we welcome a comeback with open arms! (Though we were lucky to get 2 from our Guild!) Would also be fair on those who started UO after it, no chance of the Mempo without...

Ezekiel, not sure if you already noticed, but you can also get some special dyes via BOD rewards nowadays. Cooking and Alchemy (and Inscription for Spellbooks only). Limited however, just 5 colors, and quite different from ToT, but still... Maybe you already know, but well, when returning there is a LOT of info to intake. So better to hear it twice than not at all. ;)
I've asked repeatedly to have this item added to Blackthrons.... Seriously I'd rather have it there... I want it there I so want one that's not FUGLY.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ezekiel, not sure if you already noticed, but you can also get some special dyes via BOD rewards nowadays. Cooking and Alchemy (and Inscription for Spellbooks only). Limited however, just 5 colors, and quite different from ToT, but still... Maybe you already know, but well, when returning there is a LOT of info to intake. So better to hear it twice than not at all. [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)];)[/bcolor]
Yep I've found quite a lot of the different dyes they've added to the game. I found the BOD reward and Cleanup dyes, Hair dyes, and Haochi's & Tokono pigments in the store.

I kept the Tokono pigments because they were useful and I guessed they'd be sought after in the future. I had at least 4-5 of each one. I rarely used them though. They're still valuable but less so since you can buy them for $cash$.

I always preferred the more neutral natural colors in UO. I really really hate all these electrified Las Vegas strip houses that goza mats, dyes and neon deco have added to the game now. It's really disgusting. Luna on Atlantic is a crime.

One of my favorite items way back was an illegal metallic cloth dye tub. Now it's a veteran reward or something or other.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

The mempo of fortune was not a tokuno drop (or reward). It was separate event of some kind.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mempo of fortune was not a tokuno drop (or reward). It was separate event of some kind.
I think there is a chance to get it when you turn in minors.

There is also a mempo for doing the slim traders quests.

Did you mistake those. :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Mempo dropped off the shadowlords that were spawning randomly about ... it was NOT a ToT item...

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Mempo dropped off the shadowlords that were spawning randomly about ... it was NOT a ToT item...
That may be true but it was introduced to the game via ToT. It was a minor drop that no one ever turned in because it was better than the majors.

And they should most certainly include it in the Blackthorn's items. No reason for such a key item (at least for any luck suit) to be unobtainable except for to pay 90m.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We've asked and asked for them to turn it back on, keeping the old items and adding a few new.

Problem would be, with the thinking of the team now, if they did turn it back on it would be grind for hours, get one drop....not like the original.

Lots of things I would like to revisit, that worked and were fun and rewarding, but I have given up on this team overall

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I’d love to have them bring back ToT this spring. They don’t need to change it much. Just add a few new items as majors to pick. Keep the luck Mempo as a rare minor. Same minor drop rules. 10 gets you a major. Let us get into Tokuno and have some fun!