• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Im sure this has been asked a million times but....

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
what is your favorite cu sidhe build and why? Thanks for any info... also if you have another pet you like even better than your cu plz post that and why .. thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The most damaging ability is Armor Ignore. A Cu can use these magics Chivalry, Mysticism, Spell Weaving, and Discord.

Depends on what you are fighting and if you care if you finish fast or not so fast.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Chiv/AI is the most popular build and will inflict the most damage. Mysticism/AI is also a great build that adds the utility of AEO spells and avoids issues with EEO. I've never tried a disco/AI cu, but I know some people love the build. I'm not the biggest fan of the spellweaving/AI build because it wastes a lot of mana using WOD before the creature is at low health.

I really love my Lesser Hiryu and will generally use it over a cu. Grasping Claw + 100% physical damage is a good combo. I have also been using my PP Magery/AI Nightmare a lot and love it. Generally though, if a pet doesn't come pre-loaded with magery, it's not worth the trouble to add. I also use a goo/bushido LH for spawns.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
My new favorite build... frenzied whirlwind/goo cu sidhe... ive tested this build at several spawns and my dog just destroys the spawn.... sometimes non-stop goo until he runs out of mana... and I did up his mana quite a bit too and very glad I did because he just goes nuts with gooing the spawn and whirlying.. makes quick work of them

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That will be my build for the next hiryu, Synbad! Thanks for the info!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
what is your favorite cu sidhe build and why? Thanks for any info... also if you have another pet you like even better than your cu plz post that and why .. thanks!
I have 4 trained Cu's currently. The 2 I use the most are:
-Armor Ignore and Chivalry (best single target damage)
-Goo, Armor Ignore, and Mysticism (good area damage, great for spawns)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must say, I prefer FWW for spawns. Somehow, Mysticism does not convince me, neither for single, nor for multo targets.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
That will be my build for the next hiryu, Synbad! Thanks for the info!
Well that should work ok, but may require some healing. What he used is a FzWW / Goo Cusidhe..Not sure but may be more sustainable, and does not have the negatives from the EoO of the CHIV/AI/Goo Cu sidhe..(Some people have tried this one also.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My new favorite build... frenzied whirlwind/goo cu sidhe... ive tested this build at several spawns and my dog just destroys the spawn.... sometimes non-stop goo until he runs out of mana... and I did up his mana quite a bit too and very glad I did because he just goes nuts with gooing the spawn and whirlying.. makes quick work of them
Which spawns and levels of the spawn you tested it on? Did you get to finish the spawn or dog was not effective at lev 3-4? Ty..(I always use my sampire for most spawns in Fel, but using a pet would be intriguing, something new to try)..Ty for info..:)

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
On Coon spawn- all levels up to Coon.. I just let him loose and he does very well on every level. Neira spawn (undead) he does very well too but you do want to limit the spawn mob on your dog when you hit the upper levels (he still does good but if I let him run wild he does die at times due to all the spellcasters on the upper levels) and the same for all the upper level spellcasting spawns but IMO it is by far my favorite build for doing champ spawns

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have 4 trained Cu's currently. The 2 I use the most are:
-Armor Ignore and Chivalry (best single target damage)
-Goo, Armor Ignore, and Mysticism (good area damage, great for spawns)
I didn't put magic on my frenzy goo dog because of using up mana too quickly.. how does yours do mana wise with adding the mysticism to him?

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I didn't put magic on my frenzy goo dog because of using up mana too quickly.. how does yours do mana wise with adding the mysticism to him?
It isn't the magics that eat up the mana fast, it's the abilities like goo and armor ignore. Pets with just a magic are nearly always topped off on mana. I used to think it was the magics using up all the mana too, but it's not. It's the special moves, special abilities, and area moves that drain the mana the most.

Anyways, all my pets get 30 mana regen and I think my mystic cu also has 115 meditation/focus, so that helps too.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
On Coon spawn- all levels up to Coon.. I just let him loose and he does very well on every level. Neira spawn (undead) he does very well too but you do want to limit the spawn mob on your dog when you hit the upper levels (he still does good but if I let him run wild he does die at times due to all the spellcasters on the upper levels) and the same for all the upper level spellcasting spawns but IMO it is by far my favorite build for doing champ spawns
This is nice! Is the dog with Fzz/Goo scrolled in any way by the way? Ty for info..

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It isn't the magics that eat up the mana fast, it's the abilities like goo and armor ignore. Pets with just a magic are nearly always topped off on mana. I used to think it was the magics using up all the mana too, but it's not. It's the special moves, special abilities, and area moves that drain the mana the most.

Anyways, all my pets get 30 mana regen and I think my mystic cu also has 115 meditation/focus, so that helps too.
I do the 30 mana regen on all my pets too...helps

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is nice! Is the dog with Fzz/Goo scrolled in any way by the way? Ty for info..
Right now I have mostly 110s on him... parry wrestle tactics but I also have a 120 ninjitsu which will give him max damage on frenzied whirlwind once I get it up there

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Right now I have mostly 110s on him... parry wrestle tactics but I also have a 120 ninjitsu which will give him max damage on frenzied whirlwind once I get it up there
Awesome. I think I will make myself one. These do not have the negatives of the Chiv/AI goo, and I wonder if it is possible to make one with Chiv/AI/Fzz/Goo? or Chiv/AI/Fzz no goo.
The FZZ/Goo though alone would be like a lawnmower : Goo stuff from across, they aggro then Fzz mows them down!
I guess cannot have both AI and Fzz tho right?
Ty for info!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Awesome. I think I will make myself one. These do not have the negatives of the Chiv/AI goo, and I wonder if it is possible to make one with Chiv/AI/Fzz/Goo? or Chiv/AI/Fzz no goo.
The FZZ/Goo though alone would be like a lawnmower : Goo stuff from across, they aggro then Fzz mows them down!
Ty for info!
You could make Goo, FWW, Chiv.

Just remember pets rarely do what you think they should do. We all have dreams of a pet using goo and then using FWW at just the right time, but that rarely happens, even less so if you throw a 3rd ability/magic, like Chiv, into the mix.

Synbad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Ty for info!
Keep in mind the frenzied whirlwind costs 500 pts just like any magic would add to it... so if you add Chiv and frenzied whirlwind that would cost you 1000 pts... trust me Chiv is not needed with this build.. save the points for scrolls and also all the mana you will save

zieglers

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
CB would be great for all energy damagers. Sadly it lasts short time unless they changed it?
I don't think they changed it. But think about how cheap it is, and how often your cu sidhe is fighting with some other doggies....