• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old greater dragon is going senile!

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At EM event this morning my 120 x 3 real tamer skills character's (without any + skill items) was attacking the mobs with a very old 141.7 barding difficulty pet. For unknown reasons, the pet would suddenly go green and attack me. I was not in war mode, or aggro'ed to other players, I'm the solitary character in my guild, I did not use any area affects, and never attacked my pet.

After realizing I was now its primary target, I ordered it to stop, stay, and then invis'ed myself which halted its assault. Loring the greater dragon would show it as wonderfully happy. Fed it a raw meat and gave him an all follow me and all guard me commands. All seemed well until the next mob monster hit my pet with an area affect spell. The pet went to attack the the offending monster, and I ordered it to attack the monster as well. Immediately the pet went green and treated me as the hostile again, ignored the monster and savagely chewed on me until I repeated the earlier countermeasures. I was not nerfed and my skills were normal during the attacks. I let the pet wander without a stop, stay, and follow me request; just invis'ed myself and lored it as wonderfully happy.

Thankfully, it eventual stopped attacking me, and he behaved during the boss fight! Has anyone else had temporarily rabid pets? Are there mobs that now can bard, or order your own pet to attack you?

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
At EM event this morning my 120 x 3 real tamer skills character's (without any + skill items) was attacking the mobs with a very old 141.7 barding difficulty pet. For unknown reasons, the pet would suddenly go green and attack me. I was not in war mode, or aggro'ed to other players, I'm the solitary character in my guild, I did not use any area affects, and never attacked my pet.

After realizing I was now its primary target, I ordered it to stop, stay, and then invis'ed myself which halted its assault. Loring the greater dragon would show it as wonderfully happy. Fed it a raw meat and gave him an all follow me and all guard me commands. All seemed well until the next mob monster hit my pet with an area affect spell. The pet went to attack the the offending monster, and I ordered it to attack the monster as well. Immediately the pet went green and treated me as the hostile again, ignored the monster and savagely chewed on me until I repeated the earlier countermeasures. I was not nerfed and my skills were normal during the attacks. I let the pet wander without a stop, stay, and follow me request; just invis'ed myself and lored it as wonderfully happy.

Thankfully, it eventual stopped attacking me, and he behaved during the boss fight! Has anyone else had temporarily rabid pets? Are there mobs that now can bard, or order your own pet to attack you?
What mobs were you hunting? You mentioned it was an EM event, maybe the devs made something devious.

I've never experienced that before, although I have commanded my pets to attack me before, for testing purposes, and if you're in a guild the pet will turn green.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Ive had problem with targeting myself from my evil mouse thinking I use target self macro with mouse wheel down.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Enslaved orcs and cultist mages were a few of their names. Think some of the more lethal types were souped up abcesses. I checked my hot keys after the event and nothing caused my pet to attack me. I had no reflect damage gear on or spell reflect either. I don't have any actions set to my mouse wheel, Chrille. I could see that happening if I did...OUCH!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Enslaved orcs and cultist mages were a few of their names. Think some of the more lethal types were souped up abcesses. I checked my hot keys after the event and nothing caused my pet to attack me. I had no reflect damage gear on or spell reflect either. I don't have any actions set to my mouse wheel, Chrille. I could see that happening if I did...OUCH!
Make sure you check ALL your macro key sets. Make sure there is no same function key macro that would cause pet to attack you.
I killed myself several times in Fel spawns by accidenatlly having heal self macro and then attack enemy. I was PKing myself. And this pet was a beast. It poisoned me and then fire breathed and bled me. Running away did not help. Invisi did not work with poisoning, then next hit and Oooo.