• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spawn advice

Merth

Journeyman
So I play Europa where there are very few PS’s available especially for pets on VS (and certainly not affordable). With this being said I’m going to have to bite the bullet and try to farm my own. I havent done a spawn since they first were introduced and was definitely raided everytime back then.

There is so much info here on whats best so I’ll ask opinions. Based on using pets that wont be trained (at first) past 100 on skills what would you use? What spawns would you do?

Im also confused on gear to put on my tamer. There are so many mods now.

My tamer has the following skills available:

120 taming
120 lore
110 magery
110 eval
120 med
120 music
120 peace
120 provo
106 vet

I have a chiv/ai cu with all skills at 100 except healing at 90.2 and chiv at 90.8.

Also have a couple untrained pp mares and a pp ww that I can use currently.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
So I play Europa where there are very few PS’s available especially for pets on VS (and certainly not affordable). With this being said I’m going to have to bite the bullet and try to farm my own. I havent done a spawn since they first were introduced and was definitely raided everytime back then.

There is so much info here on whats best so I’ll ask opinions. Based on using pets that wont be trained (at first) past 100 on skills what would you use? What spawns would you do?

Im also confused on gear to put on my tamer. There are so many mods now.

My tamer has the following skills available:

120 taming
120 lore
110 magery
110 eval
120 med
120 music
120 peace
120 provo
106 vet

I have a chiv/ai cu with all skills at 100 except healing at 90.2 and chiv at 90.8.

Also have a couple untrained pp mares and a pp ww that I can use currently.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Your situation sounds similar to mine. I play on Pacific, low population, few scrolls for sale on venders and very over priced.

I can solo the Piper spawn in deceit, but it takes me awhile, and I get PK'd sometimes, but not often (1 benefit of low population shard). If you can get 2-4 people to go with you it will go much faster (do not advertise in gen chat that you want to do a spawn or PK's will be there). With those skills available to you I would probably recommend taming/lore/vet/magery/eval/med. Get 120 eval int. if you can.

Get a good pet that has area abilities. When the boss spawns get the pet on him and use the magery mastery spell death ray or other offensive spells. Cu's work well against the Pipers resists, I've used both AI/Chiv and a Goo/AI/mystic cu on him and both work well. Don't try the spawn during peak hours or PK's will likely be there. Try morning or during the day on a weekday.

Last edited:

Merth

Journeyman
Your situation sounds similar to mine. I play on Pacific, low population, few scrolls for sale on venders and very over priced.

I can solo the Piper spawn in deceit, but it takes me awhile, and I get PK'd sometimes, but not often (1 benefit of low population shard). If you can get 2-4 people to go with you it will go much faster (do not advertise in gen chat that you want to do a spawn or PK's will be there). With those skills available to you I would probably recommend taming/lore/vet/magery/eval/med. Get 120 eval int. if you can.

Get a good pet that has area abilities. When the boss spawns get the pet on him and use the magery mastery spell death ray or other offensive spells. Cu's work well against the Pipers resists, I've used both AI/Chiv and a Goo/AI/mystic cu on him and both work well. Don't try the spawn during peak hours or PK's will likely be there. Try morning or during the day on a weekday.
Thanks, ya im not really worried about pk’s so much as just being able to do the spawn.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With those skills, you may need to use your pet to do a lot of the work with the spawn. I often use a Bushido/goo Lesser Hiryu with peace songs running, which reduces the damage taken my pet and makes us immune to poisons. Bushido gets WW for free. The bad part is your pet won’t have innate healing, but Bushido and parry give really good defense, even at 100. A goo/FWW cu is another option.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sampires can really work spawns fast. A lot of people use them to get scrolls for other toons. If you don't have one and want to use a tamer, your going to be doing a lot of the work. Pet AI just isn't great at finding/attacking/returning so your constantly commanding them. I use a necro tamer to spawn because it's very fast. I see you don't have that on your list 9f skills so I'd use mage/eval with a lmc/Mr suit. Again, you will be doing a lot of the low level killing, so work mobs into groups then aoe down. I use a chiv/AI cu and he works decent on last level/bosses. Imo if you really want to play a tamer that spawns, train up necro or another exceptional spawn skill. Otherwise use a sampire (I actually use a dragoon) it's much faster.

Edit: just a nice tip, working piper fast is about getting a feel of the spawn points. You can greatly improve your time by working the higher spawn areas once you learn them. Some areas just aren't worth stopping to kill mobs.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
@Merth My tamer is also a necromage. Works really well at spawns. You may want to try it. Necro and Spirit Speak are fairly easy to raise. You want a suit with as high SDI as you can get..

I agree with @Xris that a Samp would be best, which I don't have because I'm told good weps/suit for a samp cost around 2 plat, which I don't have. I'm not sure what a Dragoon is, maybe Xris can fill me in.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
@Merth

My tamer is also a necromage. Works really well at spawns. You may want to try it. Necro and Spirit Speak are fairly easy to raise. You want a suit with as high SDI as you can get..

I agree with @Xris that a Samp would be best, which I don't have because I'm told good weps/suit for a samp cost around 2 plat, which I don't have. I'm not sure what a Dragoon is, maybe Xris can fill me in.
What does template look like? Also what is strategy? Do you wither and run off when you need to heal or does vampiric embrace work to heal you?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Merth

My tamer is also a necromage. Works really well at spawns. You may want to try it. Necro and Spirit Speak are fairly easy to raise. You want a suit with as high SDI as you can get..

Dragoon is sampire with no necro and high chiv (I use 120 chiv). I use healing (you could swap for other skills) because I have a bad ping and it saves me a lot. And no sampire weaps can be imbued just takes some time to make. You can also buy no mod 100% element weaps on atl from 500k-5m and imbue them. The dragoon doesn't rely as heavily on weapons/armor imo. I run 120 swords tact chiv resist parry, 100 healing bush. You can drop resist/heal for Anat if you don't need. There's a whole thread on strat about dragoon, and how well they perfom in basic imbued armor, I'll see if I can find it.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What does template look like? Also what is strategy? Do you wither and run off when you need to heal or does vampiric embrace work to heal you?
On my tamer I stay in wraith form for the mana. I usually keep protection on for healing. I run a very basic necro tamer temp. 120 tame lore necro ss mage eval with about 40 med. You will be using mage to heal so you really don't need eval, so it can be transferred out for med/ better skills. Necro does almost all the work.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have 120 taming/lore/vet/eval/ss and 106 magery/necro with items.

First 3 rounds or so, I use teleport to draw agro and then wither. I do the whole spawn in wraith form so mana is not an issue at all. I let pet wander around and kill freely but make him stay on same screen as me. I take very little damage during this time because the mobs are weak and they die fast. After that I depend more on the pet and single target spells, the mobs are tougher but fewer spawn, also I use animate dead so I can have 3 liches that help kill and with them around there's less chance of me being a target.

I haven't timed myself, so not sure how long it takes me, but I welcome tips from anyone to speed it up.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have 120 taming/lore/vet/eval/ss and 106 magery/necro with items.

First 3 rounds or so, I use teleport to draw agro and then wither. I do the whole spawn in wraith form so mana is not an issue at all. I let pet wander around and kill freely but make him stay on same screen as me. I take very little damage during this time because the mobs are weak and they die fast. After that I depend more on the pet and single target spells, the mobs are tougher but fewer spawn, also I use animate dead so I can have 3 liches that help kill and with them around there's less chance of me being a target.

I haven't timed myself, so not sure how long it takes me, but I welcome tips from anyone to speed it up.
I use no single target spells til boss. Use petals and resist for no chance at low level poison. No need for vet if u have primer 3 taming, you can use consume. I rarely heal my pet so I feel vets a waste at most spawns, especially piper. Resist improves time on almost every build.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I use no single target spells til boss. Use petals and resist for no chance at low level poison. No need for vet if u have primer 3 taming, you can use consume. I rarely heal my pet so I feel vets a waste at most spawns, especially piper. Resist improves time on almost every build.
I find vet to be helpful when leveling pets at crazed mage and especially on unbound energy eles, but you're right, no need for spawns with consume available. I could stone it when I do spawns and pick up resist. I need more stones! Thanks for the tip.

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need an uber suit to be successful at spawns with a sampire, I took a while to make my suit and only Artie's I had (before the damn hack) was mace and shields and a crimmy. Vermin slayer talisman and a couple weweds. I used double axe with hml, hit area and a few other mods. Could easily solo rats. Swap out for broadsword for champ and spam AI. Rats can be done solo even with a really basic suit.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nice way to gather spawn is to set a macro to open and close the paperdoll gump. For some reason this draws them in like flies on.... um well you get the point.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nice way to gather spawn is to set a macro to open and close the paperdoll gump.
Somehow this never worked for us. The only thing that happens is that the paperdoll opens in a different (and often unwelcome) spot in our screen. One or two will target, but that happens anyway, the rest of a group keeps loitering around a bit more before gradually targetting.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Somehow this never worked for us. The only thing that happens is that the paperdoll opens in a different (and often unwelcome) spot in our screen. One or two will target, but that happens anyway, the rest of a group keeps loitering around a bit more before gradually targetting.
It works for me. I use EC. After I open the paper doll the first time I move it to the far side of the screen, then ready to go. Casting teleport has the same effect, but not quite as fast/easy. Also, you must be walking/moving while doing it. You can't stand still and spam paper doll;nothing will happen.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Might be an EC thing, cause we did walk around when trying. Just did a test amongst the goblins again. We always play in CC. (Couldn't bear to open the paperdoll in EC anyway, lol.) The teleport thing does work in CC, but well, often it can be kinda hard to find a spot you can teleport to.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Might be an EC thing, cause we did walk around when trying. Just did a test amongst the goblins again. We always play in CC. (Couldn't bear to open the paperdoll in EC anyway, lol.) The teleport thing does work in CC, but well, often it can be kinda hard to find a spot you can teleport to.

It works in classic client also.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Okay, then we must be doing something wrong. Thanks for confirming that.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Okay, then we must be doing something wrong. Thanks for confirming that.
Key point is what said above: you must be moving at the same time you are opening/closing/reopening paperdoll. This is how sampire does it, they do not have teleport usually.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For CC (don't know about EC), there is no requirement to close the paperdoll just hit the macro to open it, the paperdoll will stay in place but has the same effect of 'rubber banding' you and drawing attention of the mobs.