• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet not using mana

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been training a lesser hiryu with bush/feint and he uses 0 mana. Don't think it's using feint or bush spells. Anyone know about this? Watched it on a greater dragon and it will use auto attack on it but nothing else. Still 4 slots, don't know if it's broken and I'm wasting my time on it. Thx

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Show the Lore and Knowledge screen abilities in Black.

;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like @Khaelor will have to explain to you that your Hiryu is using the same amount of mana as any other pet. You must be confused.

But you should see it using Bushido spells like Lightning Strike. Many of the bush spells are pretty cheap. Bushido is easy to raise so just fight stuff. I think it will start using more Mana when Bushido is 100.

The whole build is based off the Bushido Skill. Need to raise it before you will see the true pet you have.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Looks like @Khaelor will have to explain to you that your Hiryu is using the same amount of mana as any other pet. You must be confused.

But you should see it using Bushido spells like Lightning Strike. Many of the bush spells are pretty cheap. Bushido is easy to raise so just fight stuff. I think it will start using more Mana when Bushido is 100.

The whole build is based off the Bushido Skill. Need to raise it before you will see the true pet you have.
Hmmmm ya I haven't seen it even use 1 mana yet, but ya maybe since Bush so low it hasn't attempted much yet. I'll try working it up. Thx

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Bushido is an incredibly low mana cost magic. I don't see your MR listed, but I will assume you have given the pet MR. You also have 370 Int, 115 Med, 100 Focus, so it will have good mana regen overall. I have a Bushido/FWW Hiryu and he is hard pressed to spend 100 mana just due to the cheap cost of his spells.

As a side-note though, this is not due to some mystical innate super mana regen ability that Hiryu/Lesser Hiryu have (as some might still have you believe). We have tested the mana regen of all the major tamable pets and they all regen in line with the mana regen formula.

There may be an issue with Hiryus where they try to use the Dismount ability (even though its not a valid target, i.e. non-mounted mob). This ability attempt doesn't use mana, but it could eat up an ability activation, which means the Hiryu is using less actual abilities overall (thus spending less mana). This is something @Khaelor and I were looking into a while ago, but it is extremely tedious to test and we moved on to other things.

If you want your Hiryu to bottom out its mana, give it Chiv/AI and it will drop mana just like any other pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look into my eyes:
upload_2019-2-5_15-9-41.png

As a side-note though, this is not due to some mystical innate super mana regen ability that Hiryu/Lesser Hiryu have (as some might still have you believe). We have tested the mana regen of all the major tamable pets and they all regen in line with the mana regen formula.
Do not believe what you see when playing UO.

upload_2019-2-5_15-11-27.png

The math is always correct.

upload_2019-2-5_15-13-43.png

Now go play more.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriuosly. I have a melee Bush toon I never ask myself, "Should I use that bushido ability or does it cost more Mana than I can afford"

Bushido abilities use very little Mana. Any other build and the mana goes to 50 in a min.

I just like to foment with the Ks. It worked.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seriuosly. I have a melee Bush toon I never ask myself, "Should I use that bushido ability or does it cost more Mana than I can afford"

Bushido abilities use very little Mana. Any other build and the mana goes to 50 in a min.

I just like to foment with the Ks. It worked.
Except you do such a disservice to the forums and readers by posting wrong things just to get a reply from either of us.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Except you do such a disservice to the forums and readers by posting wrong things just to get a reply from either of us.
I stand by my original answers. I asked for the lore screens to see what abilities he was using and saw it was pure Bushido. I then said he should look for the abilities being used and that those abilities cost very little Mana. Then told him to get the skills higher before making any assumptions.

I said the same thing the khyro did.

Please pick apart my original answers and tell us what is wrong with it.