8 Mod cap is real, official response from M&G

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
My friend took the time to ask mesanna about it and we got the reply everyone know, and no change in near future.

Hello Kitty: hi
Mesanna: hi
Hello Kitty: im new around here
Mesanna: welcome
Hello Kitty: question is
Hello Kitty: i seen ppl with items with 13+ properties
Hello Kitty: i was told it doesnt drop anymore
Hello Kitty: true or false?
Mesanna: we put a cap on items
Mesanna: but it is possible they were from before
Hello Kitty: i believe so
Hello Kitty: now
Hello Kitty: how do i compete plaver vs player if i cant get those items
Hello Kitty: its unfair
Mesanna: not much we can do about it
Hello Kitty: well
Mesanna: you really need to give us examples
Hello Kitty: motivate us will at least a small % to get this things
Mesanna: if there is a major OP item
Mesanna: then let us know
Mesanna: show it to us
Hello Kitty: i seeing then on ATlantic server all the time
Hello Kitty: so OP u would believe
Hello Kitty: we can have a fair fight nowadays
Hello Kitty: sry cant
Hello Kitty: this player have capped all status possible
Hello Kitty: and we are left outside
Hello Kitty: with below average gear
Mesanna: you mean like the gorget the person has on behind me?
Mesanna: is that the type of item you are complaining about?
Hello Kitty: no
Hello Kitty: that is crap
Hello Kitty: nope
Mesanna: but its 12 properties
Hello Kitty: can i sent u an email?
Hello Kitty: with pictures of these items?
Mesanna: sure
Hello Kitty: im all for fairness of the game
Mesanna: you have my address
Hello Kitty: is it on the uo.com?
Mesanna: no
Mesanna: [email protected]
Hello Kitty: let me write it down
Hello Kitty: ok i got it
Hello Kitty: ill talk to u later
Mesanna: thanks
Mesanna: ok
Hello Kitty: thanks for listening
Mesanna: thank you

Reactions: Acid Rain

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
The cringe factor from most of the questions is always so high, imo. If there's a language barrier can we get better interpreters to ask the questions, or perhaps older people ? Some of these are just childish sounding. If you have to type 4 words at a time and hit enter each time, perhaps you weren't the best person to do the asking.

Joe Blow: Can we get more items?
Joe Blow: Because like, we need em.
Joe Blow: that would
Joe Blow: be awesome.
Joe Blow: Thanks

Ikeelu

Visitor
Jan 30, 2019
GarthGrey, somebody who will never face off against an item like the one described, bashing on an obvious communication breakdown. Real big of you.

Reactions: Acid Rain

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Yew Gate on LS, Atl, Chessy, & GL likely in a
Fake News, Items aren't capped at 8 property count. Legendaries are just most commonly found with 8 properties, you're not likely to get more than 8 mods on an item with both a prefix & a suffix (not counting resistance increases)

technically if you count 'increased resistances' every legendary armor piece has more than 8 mods (unless it rolls with Fortified/Of Defense prefix/suffix then it might fall short) -It's probably a bug, but at this point it'd be embarrassing A F if the devs admitted it now, as it's something so obvious for ~5+ years now.

Reactions: King Greg

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Fake News, Items aren't capped at 8 property count. Legendaries are just most commonly found with 8 properties, you're not likely to get more than 8 mods on an item with both a prefix & a suffix (not counting resistance increases)

technically if you count 'increased resistances' every legendary armor piece has more than 8 mods (unless it rolls with Fortified/Of Defense prefix/suffix then it might fall short) -It's probably a bug, but at this point it'd be embarrassing A F if the devs admitted it now, as it's something so obvious for ~5+ years now.

Show us a item caught in the last 3 or 6 months with +9 mods (doesn't count resists)

Something like this:

Untitled.png

Or

IMG_5151.jpg

or

IMG_5157.JPG

or

IMG_1382.jpg

Intended or not, this type of item don't drop anymore and Mesanna said that, if you read all you will see for her a crappy "12 mods" was a godly item lol. I just think maybe she have no idea of what is a good item, and maybe she still count in her mind resist as mods.

Look the second gorget 14 mods and 4 resists 25+

Wentox

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 27, 2018
If there are no changes about increase mods number from 8 to at least 12 ( resist and mage armor not included ) then put curse tag on all that 9+ Mods OP items, then nobody will complain about fairnes between items that arent more to receive.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn’t know they intentionally no longer spawn. WOW.o_O

Talk about imbalance. I can understand lowering their drop rates but removing the possibility is inexcusable.:coco:

Glad I gave up most PvP years ago. No real reason to do lvl 7 T-maps either I guess. My eyes are open. Thanks for starting my weekend with sheer disappointment and disgust.:sad4:

Reactions: Thoronnar

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2013
Awards
Was that the Drachenfels Meet and Greet, I forgot all about it :(

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 23, 2008
Yes and there were more interesting question. Often 'wait until next newsletter ' as answer. Or did you know how the fishing skill influences the raise of scalis, or when is the point were luck has a value for th?
Sad to say, my journal was broken.

BTW, nice items.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2013
Awards
I wonder if anyone has the transcript? :Begging:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Show us a item caught in the last 3 or 6 months with +9 mods (doesn't count resists)

Something like this:

View attachment 92863

Or

View attachment 92864

or

View attachment 92865

or

View attachment 92867

Intended or not, this type of item don't drop anymore and Mesanna said that, if you read all you will see for her a crappy "12 mods" was a godly item lol. I just think maybe she have no idea of what is a good item, and maybe she still count in her mind resist as mods.

Look the second gorget 14 mods and 4 resists 25+
The 1st Gorget is enhanced Heartwood for the +10% DI, while the second Gorget is probably enhanced Bloodwood for the 2 HPR. Remember, while Woodland Gear can have extra properties added to it through enhancing Heartwood or Bloodwood, it has absolutely zero innate Stam Protection or LMC. Even meddable Leather Armor provides more Stam Protection than Woodland.
But yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that items with that many properties can't spawn anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tabby Kapak

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mar 18, 2003
In Abstentia
GarthGrey, somebody who will never face off against an item like the one described, bashing on an obvious communication breakdown. Real big of you.
I think you should read my reply again, or perhaps you enjoy reading the cringeworthy questions I'm talking about.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
The 1st Gorget is enhanced Heartwood for the +10% DI, while the second Gorget is probably enhanced Bloodwood for the 2 HPR. Remember, while Woodland Gear can have extra properties added to it through enhancing Heartwood or Bloodwood, it has absolutely zero innate Stam Protection or LMC. Even meddable Leather Armor provides more Stam Protection than Woodland.
But yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that items with that many properties can't spawn anymore.
I know, about the hpr and di, but still 14 mod item the second gorget, i know the owner, and it had mage armor before, and lower req 80 is a mod too (a bad one but count).

so it was a 15 mod item with all res over 20 (bloodwood give 3 8 1 3 3)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
There are not enough facepalm memes on the internet to handle the amount of facepalms this transcript should receive....

Just WOW....
:sad4:
The last question/comment made me laugh...

"Mesanna: last one
Astrid Graurock: The Jewelery Box need a search function
Astrid Graurock: bye
Mesanna: Thank you for having us Drachenfels"

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Two examples in 5 lv 6 T-maps only got 2 jewelry pieces with 9 mods... they're not really good, but they shouldn't have to be to prove this point.
2 9 mod jewels.jpg

I'd get more, but the chances of getting a 14+ mod item like the ones you posted are too low, I'm not willing to invest that much time to prove a point. It's easier to just pay some bot-farmer a few hundred mils for one instead.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jul 13, 2010
Two examples in 5 lv 6 T-maps only got 2 jewelry pieces with 9 mods... they're not really good, but they shouldn't have to be to prove this point.
View attachment 92940

I'd get more, but the chances of getting a 14+ mod item like the ones you posted are too low, I'm not willing to invest that much time to prove a point. It's easier to just pay some bot-farmer a few hundred mils for one instead.
You got on UO to prove a point but you wont come PvP with me! :(

Reactions: kaio

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dec 23, 2008
The last question/comment made me laugh...

"Mesanna: last one
Astrid Graurock: The Jewelery Box need a search function
Astrid Graurock: bye
Mesanna: Thank you for having us Drachenfels"
The animation was as when she had asked about hot air balloons.
1. Ask the question
2. Says bye
3. Runs away fast, leaves the castle

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 9, 2014
Ok as Mesanna said this, I will take it as being pretty valid.

I think it is probably a very good move, the power creep had got way out of control with very unbalancing effects right throughout the game, and this is probably helping to bring it back.

What makes me laugh on many of those items you have all shown pictures of - they are all 255/255 durability - ie they have never, and will never be used, they will be held by collectors only. Too scared to use them, as each point of durability loss is ultimately costing millions. A bit like the US aircraft carrier Nimitz when it came into service - looked amazing, could not actually be used in a real conflict in case it got lost, the loss would be too great.

I probably do wish they were more open about the little "tweaks" like this they make in the background, as they do seem to do stuff like this all the time, and only let us find out via "gut feeling" - of which mine is very good, and I usually do pick up.

If they were more open, players would have a more definitive idea of what is going on, would be able to plan our game more accordingly, the sense of fairness would in fact be greater and promote morale and the sense of fairplay, especially in pvp etc.

There would of course be heated debates on forums, players who like the change, players who don't, and I can only assume they are not more open, to avoid the confrontations between the playerbase.

But these happen anyway.

So it would be better to be actually be seen to be doing stuff, that is designed to be positive for the game, the result of listening, that a majority of the playerbase could get behind.
Sometimes being seen not to be doing anything, is quite damaging.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 21, 2006
Stevenage
The animation was as when she had asked about hot air balloons.
1. Ask the question
2. Says bye
3. Runs away fast, leaves the castle
Similar actions to the idoc scripting that is rampant. Asks for evidence. Produced it. She even attended a few idocs at the same time as me. Then did sod all and changed nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: petemage

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
View attachment 92940

One is a Dexer type jewel with Antique... Garbage... on a dexer that'll last one good fight or spawn and be gone...

The second more of a mage piece but seriously lacks FCR... something no mage is gonna go without... and neither one of them having DCI...

This is what I'm talking about there is always some fatal flaw with 99% of the crap you pick up as loot. Very rarely will you find something that is actually useful when it comes to Jewels or weapons... occasionally... and this is very occasionally I might find a 1/2 decent piece of armor.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
Haha the ignorance like she has no idea. Poor UO though, it deserved better :(

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2004
Sonoma
I use Antique jewelry all the time, archer, tamers, thunter, mystic/mage/sw, etc and haven't worn out a ring or brace yet. Methinks the lady has not researched or used Antique jewelry, she just assumed.

Reactions: Finley Grant

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
i dont believe she is talking about a property cap. i think she is speaking of the drop number cap of 250 total items per corpse that was implemented to resolve issues with crashing at EM events, and to combat multibox script farmers.

Personally i think the reason your not seeing those extremely rare 10 plus mod items is simply due to numbers. keep in mind that items were script farmed from specific mobs using 20 plus accounts 24/7 for a few years before it was adressed by a handful of individuals (of course cant name names here).

Just the item number cap alone would have reduced the chances of seeing these items, plus the multiboxing ban reduced it even more.

the good news: everyone has a better chance of getting legendaries themselves now rather than buying it from a very small number of players who abused the system for benefit.

Kygo

Visitor
UNLEASHED
Dec 8, 2018
If items are capped and these 13+ mod antique or brittle items are not dropping anymore would they not eventually just fade out it time. I personally think they did this cap to bring the playing field for crafting closer instead of just making all these super items available and completely destroy crafting.

Love Less

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 4, 2013
Interesting thread - I farmed over the last few months around 50+ exodus i just looked through all the pieces I kept and none of them had more than 8 mods (ignoring resists) and even then the intensities on the 8 mod pieces tended to be on the low side except jewelry. @CovenantX How many treasure maps did it take to find those 9 mod jewels?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
I personally think they did this cap to bring the playing field for crafting closer instead of just making all these super items available and completely destroy crafting.
They made it because at some point it went public that some people are farming those through illegal means (24/7 multiboxing which is against the ToS) and people started complaining about it.

What they did was to curb this behavious but not touch any of the items that were obtained through illegal means (cause they cant even tell). So no damage at all for the 24/7 scripters. "Good times" they will say in retrospective and laugh.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
Interesting thread - I farmed over the last few months around 50+ exodus i just looked through all the pieces I kept and none of them had more than 8 mods (ignoring resists) and even then the intensities on the 8 mod pieces tended to be on the low side except jewelry. @CovenantX How many treasure maps did it take to find those 9 mod jewels?
5 maps all were malas/tokuno (don't have any fel maps left)- I haven't been farming much cause boredom. really sucks that shadowguard & shadowlord are the only two encounters with consistently decent loot.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
One is a Dexer type jewel with Antique... Garbage... on a dexer that'll last one good fight or spawn and be gone...

The second more of a mage piece but seriously lacks FCR... something no mage is gonna go without... and neither one of them having DCI...

This is what I'm talking about there is always some fatal flaw with 99% of the crap you pick up as loot. Very rarely will you find something that is actually useful when it comes to Jewels or weapons... occasionally... and this is very occasionally I might find a 1/2 decent piece of armor.

I don't like to use antiques either but in terms of jewelry, nothing will last forever because even the clean ones are not PoF-able. so anything but cursed for pvp, either the luck set or imbued for pvm (something easy to replace)

If you're asking me to show an example of a clean legendary with more than 8 mods, It'll take some time for me to get a newer clean legendary, they're not exactly common... which is why they should be PoF-able.

Armor is more difficult to get with more than 9 mods because prefix/suffixes spawn FAR more frequently on them when they're legendary artifacts.

When you get a prefix or a suffix there's a limit on how many properties can even appear on the item, then it reaches maximum budget quickly.
as an example, if you find an item with fortified/of haste, you'll get something like this:

Fortified Studded Gloves of Haste
5 dex (suffix)
10 stamina (suffix)
4 stamina regeneration (suffix)
17 phys
24 fire (prefix)
18 cold
18 poison
24 energy (prefix)
Legendary Artifact

That is 100% of the properties that are even possible at 100% intensity for the three mods from the Suffix (of haste)
so the only other possibility is another resistance increase in physical, cold or poison.

I have suspected that Legendary items pretty much since shame was revamped rolling with ~20% in all resistances despite not containing the 'Fortified/Of Defense" title is a bug, that is what I elude to in my first post in this thread that I would find embarrassing A F if the devs overlooked that (because it's like, the most obvious thing ever) for the last 5+ years.

Resistances found on armor are one thing that make it far more difficult for Crafted gear to come close to competing with the more commonly looted legendary items.
beyond that it's pretty much just these 10+ property no-names that are so rare, you're pretty much required to bot for weeks to obtain any of them.... or fork out a few hundred mils or a plat or two for it.. which oddly enough is (IMO) easier to do.

Reactions: Love Less

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I use Antique jewelry all the time, archer, tamers, thunter, mystic/mage/sw, etc and haven't worn out a ring or brace yet. Methinks the lady has not researched or used Antique jewelry, she just assumed.
They start going to crap the instant you put them on... I don't just assume.... and NO I won't use anything antique... surely not building a suit around something that is destroyed in a short while..

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2004
Sonoma
They start going to crap the instant you put them on... I don't just assume.... and NO I won't use anything antique... surely not building a suit around something that is destroyed in a short while..
They do NOT get destroyed in a short time, I have never ever worn one out and i don't even have one below 150 durability. I am not blowing smoke, just stating the facts ma'am. Remember tho, I listed the types of my chars and no where in there was a swords or fencer or sampire, those might wear down quickly, I have no idea cause I don't use them.

Reactions: Max Blackoak

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 29, 2003
Spokane, WA
Antique items suffer increased durability loss even if you aren't being hit. They can be repaired but can only be PoFd 3 times.

Even a mage or archer wearing antique items will see durability loss. Put a few on and get in a fight. Check each piece after and you should see some durability loss on just about everything. If not then somethings broken.

Before I understood how it was working I bought a bunch of antique stuff for an alt on Atlantic. All of it had 255 durability. I went out and did some low level training for a couple days and everything I had bought had already suffered a lot of durability loss. I was quite surprised so I had to go to uoguide and read up on this property to find out why.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 19, 2010
Looking for a Healer
There's durability loss yes, but what Parnoc is saying is that no pieces have broken yet. I have done the same as Parnoc. i have antique pieces on all my characters, even the Sampire, and I have yet to destroy a piece. If you don't want to use them that's your choice but don't say they aren't viable pieces.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 29, 2003
Spokane, WA
Me, myself, I still use them. Kinda hard not to nowadays with so much good gear having the property.

Just have to manage the durability loss. Pay attention to it. Repair at proper intervals and use PoF when necessary.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 19, 2010
Looking for a Healer
Me, myself, I still use them. Kinda hard not to nowadays with so much good gear having the property.

Just have to manage the durability loss. Pay attention to it. Repair at proper intervals and use PoF when necessary.
That's one of the selling points of the EC for me. it shows a highlight around your gear when it's in need of repair, with different colors intensity to denote amount of damage.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 29, 2003
Spokane, WA
That's one of the selling points of the EC for me. it shows a highlight around your gear when it's in need of repair, with different colors intensity to denote amount of damage.

Just waiting for my new graphics card to go back to using the EC. For some reason my whole system crashes now, when I load the EC.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
View attachment 92940

From when is this itens from? because the last nerf wasn't much time ago, im telling about 3 months or so.

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
i dont believe she is talking about a property cap. i think she is speaking of the drop number cap of 250 total items per corpse that was implemented to resolve issues with crashing at EM events, and to combat multibox script farmers.

Personally i think the reason your not seeing those extremely rare 10 plus mod items is simply due to numbers. keep in mind that items were script farmed from specific mobs using 20 plus accounts 24/7 for a few years before it was adressed by a handful of individuals (of course cant name names here).

Just the item number cap alone would have reduced the chances of seeing these items, plus the multiboxing ban reduced it even more.

the good news: everyone has a better chance of getting legendaries themselves now rather than buying it from a very small number of players who abused the system for benefit.

She was very especific, its about item cap, even she pointed do a crap 12 mod item and think it was "super", the she went mad when the guy in M&G told its a crap item, and we have very very more better item for sales in auction safes and fórum.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
She was very especific, its about item cap, even she pointed do a crap 12 mod item and think it was "super", the she went mad when the guy in M&G told its a crap item, and we have very very more better item for sales in auction safes and fórum.
i think thats exactly what she would say. covenant proved that greater than 8 still spawn, so im led to believe that 12 to 14 property do still spawn based on that. just dont see them as often because of the changes to how many items drop / multiboxer ban.

Brockis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 25, 2008
To stop scripters then limit the high loot drops to be attained only at exodus and shadowguard but don't remove high mod items from the game.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 17, 2009
Atlantic
also of note is crazy items were dropping off the holdiay boss, i think was (is) bug allowing more than normal property weight because of the 2 negatives.

plus shadowguard loot was nerfed / averaged overall because of complaints of different loot tables from different bosses. so i dont think shadowguard would be a good judge of this. something like stygian dragon, a high value loot table that hasnt been adjusted lately would be a better way to test.

keep in mind you might need 20 to 100 plus runs to see 1 13 property item, because of the changes to number caps and crackdown on multiblox.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 9, 2009
From when is this itens from? because the last nerf wasn't much time ago, im telling about 3 months or so.
I got them from T-maps within a few hours after I saw your post, it's easier to get jewelry with more than 8 mods than it is to get armor/weapons though because jewelry doesn't seem to spawn with any titles if it's legendary, which allows the item to be generated with completely random properties, instead of only pulling certain properties from a specific set like Animated/Of Haste which would only allow for stamina, dex, & stam regeneration which takes away from the other properties that could spawn on the same item.

Note: I haven't gotten any 14+ mod items in maybe 4 months, but I really haven't been farming much either.

When I get less bored of doing shadowguard, I'll see if I notice any changes in the loot from the last time I did some runs.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Jan 20, 2018
I don't see anywhere where they say "8" ? You titled your thread "8" but I consistently see 9-12 mod items? So can we assume that realistically the cap is 12? I'm curious where you got 8 from?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nov 18, 2014
heres a 14 mod with high resit piece but there are better ones out there. I feel they keep making same mistakes, give too power items then nerf. just my opinion

upload_2019-2-3_14-14-31.png

hardy-

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 20, 2012
I don't see anywhere where they say "8" ? You titled your thread "8" but I consistently see 9-12 mod items? So can we assume that realistically the cap is 12? I'm curious where you got 8 from?
We have tons of 12 mod itens, i have a nice amount, but in the last months i don't get a single one above 8 in sg/exodus/absses/putrefier

Looks like t-maps still drop 9+, but we have low info to work with.

Mesanna just tell "i changed have a cap" but don't say how much is the cap.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Jan 20, 2018
Okay and I agree that possibly saying "we lowered it from 14 to 12 for the sake of balance" would have been more clarity, but I hope you see the issue in naming an abitrary number that you knew going into it wasn't verified.

You create a reason for these people to get all upset over nothing you know?

More research needed to see what the max is of they don't want to be transparent

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 6, 2013
Okay and I agree that possibly saying "we lowered it from 14 to 12 for the sake of balance" would have been more clarity, but I hope you see the issue in naming an abitrary number that you knew going into it wasn't verified.

You create a reason for these people to get all upset over nothing you know?

More research needed to see what the max is of they don't want to be transparent
Tbf, changes like this should be in the patch notes. Not communicated months later after a curious player asks. :bdh: