• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PP/Legacy Nightmare - What is considered Top Tier

Konacoffee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings,

I just returned to UO recently to find what the new revamped pet training system is all about and noticed that there is a demand for “older” or legacy mares now.

I have a four sitting in my stable and would like to try my hand at scrolling and training one up.

Interestingly, they all seem to have the same hits (315) and strength (515). The resistances do vary through.

If the community doesn’t mind sharing to me your thoughts of what is considered a top tier mare. They range on the intensity calculator from 80 to 76. If these are considered average, I’ll scroll the highest one, but if the 80 is considered really good, I’ll use the next best.

Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have!

KC

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greetings,

I just returned to UO recently to find what the new revamped pet training system is all about and noticed that there is a demand for “older” or legacy mares now.

I have a four sitting in my stable and would like to try my hand at scrolling and training one up.

Interestingly, they all seem to have the same hits (315) and strength (515). The resistances do vary through.

If the community doesn’t mind sharing to me your thoughts of what is considered a top tier mare. They range on the intensity calculator from 80 to 76. If these are considered average, I’ll scroll the highest one, but if the 80 is considered really good, I’ll use the next best.

KC

Sounds like you have Patch 16 normalized mares. Unless they had really unlucky rolls with resists, they tend to be some of the higher intensity pp nightmares. Anything about 80% is considered exceptional, but i would say all of these are nice.

Highest mare ever seen was a 98%, but I will say I've seen very few above 90 and I've seen a lot of legacy nightmares. A lot.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Greetings,

KC
Just want to make sure you know those are each worth bank. If you decide to sell post here first to make sure you're getting a good price.

If you decide to train them up yourself we highly recommend becoming familiar with the pet training/leveling process on other pets first. It's pretty easy to make a mistake if you're unfamiliar with the system and if you make a mistake on a pre-patch pet there's no way to fix it.

Konacoffee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Khaelor and Southpaw for the feedback. It’s aporeciated. I think I’ll leave the 80% as is and try training one of the others

Thanks Dante for the offer. Not sure if I’m going to sell yet.

Konacoffee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Greetings everyone,

After reading and rereading the very helpful training guides (thanks to all the contributors!), i decided to embark on training one of my pets. The change in the economy has taken me by surprise so i will have to part with some of my stable. Would anyone want to provide a post publish 16 noob some help in estimating in pricing? im keeping my sentimental favorite though lol....Thanks!

PS i didnt post the first screenie because they are all Hits 315 and Str 515 but will if needed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dantes

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone,

After reading and rereading the very helpful training guides (thanks to all the contributors!), i decided to embark on training one of my pets. The change in the economy has taken me by surprise so i will have to part with some of my stable. Would anyone want to provide a post publish 16 noob some help in estimating in pricing? im keeping my sentimental favorite though lol....Thanks!

PS i didnt post the first screenie because they are all Hits 315 and Str 515 but will if needed.
100m on Charcoal :) other two probably fetch around the same. Let me know if anyone outbids me, please and thank you :)