• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I give MONEY to a NPC to BRIBE for better a BOD ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried dropping the money (200 gold) gold but he took it and did not update my BOD...

I guess I need to give him the money in a different way, but how ?

His Menu does not have an option for "giving money" for a Bribe so how does one do it ?

Thanks.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The gold is given automatically.

You select 'bribe'
Target the bod you wish to bribe up.
Drag the selected bod and drop it on the NPC.

The bod should be upgraded in either Quantity, Special Materials, or Quality.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now all we need is a mean to choose which aspect of the bod is being altered...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have the BOD in your backpack...

Single click the NPC... just under give you the BOD will be "Bribe".

Then a target will come up. Target the BOD in question.

The NPC will ask for gold.

Drop the BOD on the vendor's head.

The BOD will be switched for a better one.

IF the NPC refuses the bribe option? Go to different craft NPC of the same type. Just because this 1 refuses doesnt mean they all will. It means they had too much bribes for that moment.

You can also shop around for a better price. One NPC demanding 20,000 gold... the next one (in the same room) could ask 12,000.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why bother bribing when you can pool the rewards into points and wait to collect what you really want?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why bother bribing when you can pool the rewards into points and wait to collect what you really want?
You clearly do not do Cooking and Alchemy BODs. They are very cheap to bribe up since they just are exc, 15 20. Three bribes and done. Maybe pay 200 on last one. And 800 points at 2 to 5 points per BOD is going to take a long time.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I only do tailor and blacksmith BODs. Is it worth it for them?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only do tailor and blacksmith BODs. Is it worth it for them?
The sale value of the end result reward is sometimes cheaper than the bribe cost. So, if YOU need the reward and none are for sale then bribe em up.

I use the lower tailors for cloth just to fill other BODs. to get more BODs, I only keep Leathers and bride those up when I need Barbed kits.

Smith I use shield BODs and bribe to PoF. That always has a market. I keep armor BODs to get the shadow and val hammers. Shadow hammers also always have a market.

Tinker BODs are good for the PoF barrels. But only 2 work.

Sometimes BOD makers kill their own market because they undersell.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure if you want a very small portion of the total points and no return bod for your troubles. Banking points is totally worthless

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tinker BODs are good for the PoF barrels. But only 2 work.
This is not true. Any tinker bod that can be bribed up to special metal can be a single bod for a PoF barrel. There are many that can be bribed up. Some of them are smalls for other larges but really the best reward of tinker is a POF barrel so take those and bribe em to Aggy 20 EX or better for 700 pts and you can get your barrel. They are pretty simple to get really.

Things like Butcher Knives, Globes, Candelabra's etc. There are a bunch.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now all we need is a mean to choose which aspect of the bod is being altered...
Generally the increase priority is :

• Material
  • Qty
  • Quality
So if you have a 10 NM Spined bod you are most likely to end up with 10 NM Horned bod, next likely is 15 NM Spined bod, and least likely is 10 EX Spined bod.

So if you are trying to get a horned 15 nm bod for example - bribe up a spined 15 nm. That is your best chance.

Now if a bod is maxed in one of those then the others of course are more possible. So if you are already at a 20 nm barbed bod for example - it will become 20 EX barbed for sure because there is no other upgrade (20 and barbed already tops).

Its still random but if you want the percentages expect material, qty and then quality upgrades in that order. Trying to make a 10 nm leather bod to become a 10 ex leather bod is maddening.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Generally the increase priority is :

• Material
  • Qty
  • Quality
So if you have a 10 NM Spined bod you are most likely to end up with 10 NM Horned bod, next likely is 15 NM Spined bod, and least likely is 10 EX Spined bod.

So if you are trying to get a horned 15 nm bod for example - bribe up a spined 15 nm. That is your best chance.

Now if a bod is maxed in one of those then the others of course are more possible. So if you are already at a 20 nm barbed bod for example - it will become 20 EX barbed for sure because there is no other upgrade (20 and barbed already tops).

Its still random but if you want the percentages expect material, qty and then quality upgrades in that order. Trying to make a 10 nm leather bod to become a 10 ex leather bod is maddening.

Yup, and that's my problem. It gets yet more infuriating when you get to smith & tinker bods. I either fill em as they are or go all out & bribe them to the max. Some sort of choice would be fabulous...