• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can anyone please explain to me the "Banking" of BODs points ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bulk Orders – Ultima Online

Says....

Points & Banking

• Points are banked at a rate of 2% of the full value for small bods, 20% for large bods
  • Banked points do not stack with Unbanked turn in points
    • Example: Character has 20 banked points and turns in, without banking, a BOD worth 610 points. Only the 610 points will be available to spend, not 630
  • Points can be spent on any reward up to the value of the bod being turned in, excess points are lost
    • Example: Character turns in, without banking, a BOD worth 610 points and claims a reward valued at 575 points, the remaining 35 points will be lost
  • Banked points can be redeemed by selecting the ‘claim rewards’ option from the NPCs context menu
  • It is possible to close the reward menu without choosing a reward, however you will not be able to turn in another order until the reward has been claimed using the ‘claim rewards’ option on the NPCs context menu
I did not understand it.

What is the practical difference among Banking or NOT Banking BODs points ?

Could anyone please explain it to me ?

Thanks !

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well, it was a method to deter scripters. Scripters coded around it in 5 minutes.

Basically
- never bank the points if the value is >= 450 (claim a PoF or hammer or some sort)
- bank the points if you don't want any of the rewards from the bod
- keep banking points until you get up to 1200 (max)
- buy a valorite hammer with your points

Here's the wiki link to determine point value of each bod type. Don't waste shadow ingots on non-exceptional small bods. It's not worth it.

Blacksmith Bulk Orders – Ultima Online

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it was a method to deter scripters. Scripters coded around it in 5 minutes.

Basically
- never bank the points if the value is >= 450 (claim a PoF or hammer or some sort)
- bank the points if you don't want any of the rewards from the bod
- keep banking points until you get up to 1200 (max)
- buy a valorite hammer with your points

Here's the wiki link to determine point value of each bod type. Don't waste shadow ingots on non-exceptional small bods. It's not worth it.

Blacksmith Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
Let me see if I understood how it works....

Let's say that a given BOD has a value of 100 points which, for Blacksmith, give a Reward Title or Leather mining gloves.

If I do not want either of those 2 Rewards, am I obliged to bank the 100 points ? And would I actually get 2 points of those 100 ? That is, only 2 points rather then 100 ?

A NET LOSS of 98 points for the work done ?

Then, why Bank points AT ALL if what I get is only 2% ?

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A. Not Banking Points:

You get a reward immediately, of a point level at or below the point value of the chosen BOD. So, a 500 point BOD (small or large) could be used for any reward for that skill of 500 points or less value. You lose ALL leftover points, if you choose a lower reward. You get the fame and gold reward for the point level chosen (3x point value for gold rewards for smalls, and fame is (Point value/50, round down)^2.)

B. Banking Points.

You only get a FRACTION of the point value. This is 2% for a small BOD, 20% for a large BOD. This gets added to the Banked points, which are kept separately from the points from a non-banked BOD (so, not banking will not affect banked points).
If you use Banked points for a reward, you do not lose the remaining points.
A 500 point small BOD is only worth 10 points into the bank; a 500 point LBOD will put 100 points in the bank.
You only get gold and fame for claiming rewards, not banking points.

The benefit of banking points is that you can use a LOT of lesser BODs to build up to getting to a larger reward.

For example, you could bank 12 500-point LBODs (say, a bunch of Exceptional Weapons LBODs, which use only iron to fill) to get 1200 points in the bank (100 per large), to get a Valorite Runic Hammer.
....Or, you could do the same with 120 colored "famer" small BODs (ones that have no large) to get the 1200 points.
....Or any other combination reaching 1200 points. Theoretically, you could turn in 6000 normal iron smalls to get to 1200 points, but I don't see anyone going that route.

And, with some skills, banking can be preferable to trying to fill the ONE top-end BOD that gives the best reward. It's MUCH easier to bank a lot of smaller Cooking LBODs to get the top-end Cooking BOD reward, than to fill a 20 Ex Sushi LBOD (where items have only a tiny chance, if any, of being exceptional, if you don't already have a high-end Master Chef Apron BOD reward and a high-end Exceptional cooking talisman)

In EITHER case, turning in a BOD (for instant reward or banking) will allow you to get a new reward, though if you don't bank the points, you can't turn in a reward until you collect the unclaimed reward. This makes banking points something that is done by people turning in filled junk BODs worth 10-50 points (0.2 to 1.0 points banked) in order to try for better BODs, if you don't need a bunch of hammers, sewing kits, etc. It will take a while, but the points WILL eventually add up.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Let's say that a given BOD has a value of 100 points which, for Blacksmith, give a Reward Title or Leather mining gloves.

If I do not want either of those 2 Rewards, am I obliged to bank the 100 points ? And would I actually get 2 points of those 100 ? That is, only 2 points rather then 100 ?

Keep in mind you can bribe those bods to ones with higher point values. I usually bribe all bods to gold 20's exceptional or gold 20's normal. Exceptionals give copper runics normals give pofs. 10's and 15s get bribed to agapite for the same rewards.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Yes only 2%, but in the old system you got nothing but a ****ing shovel or pickaxe in your bag that you had to throw away. So, it's actually for the better overall because eventually all those 'shovels and pickaxes' turn into a valorite hammer instead.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes only 2%, but in the old system you got nothing but a ****ing shovel or pickaxe in your bag that you had to throw away. So, it's actually for the better overall because eventually all those 'shovels and pickaxes' turn into a valorite hammer instead.
Turn them into the trashcan for points