• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Client Crashes?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Is it normal for CC or EC client to crash randomly, esp. when you are doing something like a spawn?
I use CC, and will happen several times per session of play, also randomly. This is relatively new, since recent updates and Krampus and holliday stuff..
Any suggestions appreciated.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This has came up before, I find the CC crashes often when using the 'Block war on...' options. If you are using any of those, switch em off and see if it makes a difference.

I reported this months ago, just tested it now and with the options on it still crashes my client regardless of friendlies being nearby, not 100% but every few minutes when spamming 'Target nearest.. Attack Target' Macro.

I just leave those options disabled now, I got by for years without them and now the Khaldun event is over it's not an issue until they introduce another event champ spawn with loads of players and pets swamping the area.

I'm going to report it again, would be interested if it's the same issue for you and any others.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bug reports apart from their latest rounds of TC content usually get ignored.

Now if you had bought some glacial cloth, they would ask for your telephone number ;)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We have had the sudden crashes for months, if not over a year already. (Also playing in CC exclusively.) Not sure if it is in the multiple accounts, we often have a few running. And then one just disappears without notice, trying to alt-tab back to it but it is gone. When active on that window, it will freeze like 1 or 2 seconds, then close. Gone. Not sure if this is the same issue? But at least worth a mention. Sometimes it happens when a char is completely standing still. Often in the Stygian Abyss for us.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This happens to me in the EC as well happened the other day all I was doing at the time was sitting at a meeting was even typing in game trying to talk and just got closed out.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This happens to me in the EC as well happened the other day all I was doing at the time was sitting at a meeting was even typing in game trying to talk and just got closed out.
Yep.. Same here.. just sitting and talking also, in addition to spawning pets and also spawns (deadly)..Lol its like getting PK'd by UO.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm the setting Akiho is describing: I enabled the new options related to pet/dismount, I had the macro working "target nearest mobile/attack target", and CC crashes. Happens every few minutes. I related it to the macro though.

Regards, Fizzle