• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ICQ is almost dead. Any alternatives?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tha seo a 'ciallachadh gu bheil mi airson bruidhinn gàidhlig a thòiseachadh!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, is e cànan brèagha a th 'ann, ach chan eil e furasta!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No more ICQ so the answer is to start speaking Gibberish now?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yup. I've met one or two language scholars who say SG is one of the purest languages spoken, closest to the roots. SG & IG are, pretty much, one language that wandered off down two evolutionary routes. It's possible to make yourself understood in one to speakers of the other. My son discovered this when interacting with some lovely visitors from ROI one summer. There's Norse mixed in where we are, especially in place names - these islands were owned by Norway for a few hundred years, then came back to Scotland again. Many visitors from Norway have said that they recognise their language in our place names.
Yuch..You mean our ancestors were Vikings? JK..:)

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Discord.

EC is superior, but CC is nostalgic. I like them both.

Languages FTW.

I tried to use Pinco's, but it slows down my game a bit too much for my liking. So, does everyone just get over that, or is there a magic formula to using Pinco's without the client slowing to abysmal levels?

Happy New Year!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Discord.

EC is superior, but CC is nostalgic. I like them both.

Languages FTW.

I tried to use Pinco's, but it slows down my game a bit too much for my liking. So, does everyone just get over that, or is there a magic formula to using Pinco's without the client slowing to abysmal levels?

Happy New Year!
There are some things you can do to alleviate some of that lag but it's still somewhat laggy.