• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 Slot Frost Dragons?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Do they exist?

There seems to be (even after extensive googling) a complete lack of evidence to prove they exist. Anyone have one? Have any screenshots? It has certainly been discussed many times since the pet re-vamp.

There is a base assumption that because GDs can be 4 slot that Frosties can too, I'm not convinced.

I have at times, spent days/weeks farming Level 7 T-maps, pulling them, clearing them and tamed probably hundreds of Frost Dragons but never had anything even close to what would qualify one to be 4 slot. 4 Slot GDs on the other hand seem to be fairly common, you can farm one up in fairly quick time at Destard.

I am getting the urge to farm again and really would like to know if it's a pointless exercise. It's not that they make good pets or would be much better after a round of training, it's more of a 'bucket list' thing.

Gardo

Journeyman
Correct about the shadow wyrms but I’ll post a picture and stats of my buddy’s 4-slot frosty. I’ll warn you up front that he trained it quite poorly. Waste of a rare pet... but they do exist.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Correct about the shadow wyrms but I’ll post a picture and stats of my buddy’s 4-slot frosty. I’ll warn you up front that he trained it quite poorly. Waste of a rare pet... but they do exist.
Any idea how long ago he tamed it?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I can say this. Every single untrained 4 slot frost dragon I have seen was exploited down from 5 slots (which is no longer possible). A couple of the tamers that had them last winter claimed they tamed them themselves, but each dragon had telltale signs they were dropped. Some of the signs were very subtle but they were still there indicating it was exploited.

Now if they exploited them down and trained them, long as they stayed within the trained pet intensity range they did not revert.

The intensity cap of a 4 slot pet and the spawn ranges of the frost dragon say 4 slot frost dragons should not exist naturally. But I always look to be proved wrong. :)

Gardo

Journeyman
Any idea how long ago he tamed it?
I’ll ask him sometime. I would guess sometime within the last year. He loves doing treasure maps.....pretty much every map I’ve come across over the last 12-16 months has gone to him. (And the majority of my guild mates’ as well)

Gardo

Journeyman
I can say this. Every single untrained 4 slot frost dragon I have seen was exploited down from 5 slots (which is no longer possible). A couple of the tamers that had them last winter claimed they tamed them themselves, but each dragon had telltale signs they were dropped. Some of the signs were very subtle but they were still there indicating it was exploited.

Now if they exploited them down and trained them, long as they stayed within the trained pet intensity range they did not revert.

The intensity cap of a 4 slot pet and the spawn ranges of the frost dragon say 4 slot frost dragons should not exist naturally. But I always look to be proved wrong. :)
I can’t picture this guy doing anything like that, but having only seen the finished product, I can’t be 100%. Would be truly disappointing if that were indeed the case....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dragon turtles are rare (not as rare as frost dragons) at 4 slot and those have such low HP and str compared to the 5 slot ones that you end up with a very low HP finished product that has increased resists but very squishy.

I can not recall seeing a 4 slot Frost Dragon at the stables.

Khaelor and friends got all the colors so they must be extremely rare if he has not seen one.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I did a small experiment last night, managed to get a couple maps and pulled 5 Frost Dragons, logged all Stats/Skills Pre-Tame. I then went and Lored 5 GDs and did the same and did a comparison.

Now, it's key to say that is by no means conclusive with such a small pool but here were my findings...

All stats/Skills were very comparible with the exception of HP and Resists which was the spanner in the works. Frostie HP appeared to be much higher in General with 3 being over 2000 HP highest being at 2600 (I believe the cap for a GD is 2000?).

Although some of the resists were comparible, the resist total for the Frostie was much higher. Notably the Highest total resists for the GDs were all lower than Lowest total resists of all Frosties.

I'm no expert here, but it seems the total resist weight alone could prevent a Frostie from being 4 slots.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Pawain, hate to say it but that is a dragon not a greater dragon. The 800 str and low low hp are dead giveaways. The other thing to note is that dragon does not have bleed, which why they were able to add armor ignore.

I have one I built up, I didn’t go chiv, but I still added AI, light scrolling and resists. They are crazy tight on points, but I tend to grab my dragon when my group has a bunch of pets for a hunt, the extra damage from AI is nice. I’ve been tempted to build another dragon and try to get chiv on, could be interesting.....

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Oh @Pawain, Pawain, Pawain. That is indeed a Dragon. (and also why Dragons are so awesome with their overcapped strength, intelligence and they can get Chiv and AI unlike their "greater" counterpart)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it will revert? Great.

Or they jumped to 4 slots already and it wont revert. I thought they got rid of the blue button on Dragons.

Another 1501 points would make a hefty beast out of that Flappy.

Ok I deleted post as to not cause Flappy confusion.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So it will revert? Great.

Or they jumped to 4 slots already and it wont revert. I thought they got rid of the blue button on Dragons.

Another 1501 points would make a hefty beast out of that Flappy.

Ok I deleted post as to not cause Flappy confusion.
Dragons no longer revert, neither the newly trained or the old trained ones. They got rid of the button, then added it back, but now dragons only get 1 round of training. However the dragons who received two rounds of training do not revert either anymore.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you want to make a physical damage AI/Chiv pet with one resist at 80, this would be a good choice for that.

Merth

Journeyman
Two things: Nice stat display. I like it. Is is from Pincos?
Second : Nice..Did not know Dragons can spawn at 3 slot. This is even cooler. Or I am seing wrong? Ty for info in advance..
Yes Pincos and this dragon is prepatch legacy whatever so im assuming it will jump slots