• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) UO Sextant

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*whispers from the shadows*

Hello to Siege Perilous,
and a happy holiday to all.

This year, your gift from the Nightstalker (other than being allowed to keep your life and possessions ) is a custom made sextant for the Classic Client!

I've been using it for a week or so, testing it out, and I must say, I've really outdone myself.

UO Sextant Presented by Nightstalker

I even made a nice little landing page with a tutorial!
So get out there and mark those important locations!

It's been really nice for marking trade minister locations, so I can sail right to any of them.
It is also nice for marking colored ore or trees, hub locations, and anything you desire.

It works in dungeons as well, but only to a degree, as often dungeons are multi layered ( teleports at doorways and stairs ). Future updates may correct this issue.

If you wish to share your locations with your guild mates, the files the app creates are located at:
"C:\UO Sextant\{shard name represented as numerical}\{facet}.txt"

just share the text files and paste into correct folders.

As this is a new app, please report any issues so they may be corrected.

Nightstalker

*disappears in a puff of smoke*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does this need UOAssist or anything running?

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does this need UOAssist or anything running?
No, just the classic client. It just reads the memory location of where you are and calculates a sextant position.
That's why it needs to be run as admin, just to read your location in RAM.

It can be used with UO Assist, but isn't required.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If anyone wants to inspect the code to be sure I'm not behaving as my in game character would, it can be seen here:

nightstalker22/UO_Sextant

Also, it is open source and I welcome any corroboration on updates and improvements.
Of course features like location sharing could easily be added, but there are apps that already do that.

Improvements would be mapping out the dungeons so it would accurately guide you through them to any point.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If anyone wants to inspect the code to be sure I'm not behaving as my in game character would, it can be seen here:

nightstalker22/UO_Sextant

Also, it is open source and I welcome any corroboration on updates and improvements.
Of course features like location sharing could easily be added, but there are apps that already do that.

Improvements would be mapping out the dungeons so it would accurately guide you through them to any point.
Ooo VB.net **Loads Visual Studio**

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can all the people who regularly reference the years-missing page of approved third party programs chime in here? Would like to see your selectivism at work.

Thx.
It isn't a scripting agent that gives any player an advantage over another who doesn't run the same program... what is your complaint?