• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

special and magical abilities

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok after 6 weeks of Training various pets including 2 legacy Mares i am finally getting the hang of it except one Thing.

I was Training my pack beetle and slapped RC on it. After that i wanted to apply AI? Nada here some guys saying RC with AI rocks..But i didnt get an Option for AI? Well then i slapped Poison on him and he trained it up to 80ish then i reached last Level and only had Wrestling mastery Option and some other stuff but sitill no AI. Ok so i slapped wrestle mastery on it. Now he isnt using Poison anymore ???

Is there a cap how many Specials and magical moves allowed? And If I reach that so called cap why do i still get an Option?

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
From uo wiki Animal Training – Ultima Online

"Adding Abilities
There are four categories from which you may select abilities which will enhance your pet’s fighting capabilities, the page ‘Training Abilities‘ has descriptions of what each ability does.

• Magical Abilities allow you to give the pet magical abilities in one of several spell schools.
  • Special Abilities allow you to give the pet special abilities, different than those traditionally found as weapon special moves.
  • Special Moves allow you to give the pet special moves, similar to those traditionally found as weapon special moves
  • Area Effects allow you to give the pet an area attack, targeting multiple adversaries with an area.
Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:

• 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect"
So when you added wrestling mastery you replaced poison, and you must have choosen something more then RC on it to not be able to add AI.
If your pets starts with no magic school you can always add that as an 4th last option after youve choose 3 of the other categories.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Third time be the charm. There is a sticky thread above about the order. I also put the order in the other reply.

You will be an expert beetle trainer.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From uo wiki Animal Training – Ultima Online

"Adding Abilities
There are four categories from which you may select abilities which will enhance your pet’s fighting capabilities, the page ‘Training Abilities‘ has descriptions of what each ability does.

• Magical Abilities allow you to give the pet magical abilities in one of several spell schools.
  • Special Abilities allow you to give the pet special abilities, different than those traditionally found as weapon special moves.
  • Special Moves allow you to give the pet special moves, similar to those traditionally found as weapon special moves
  • Area Effects allow you to give the pet an area attack, targeting multiple adversaries with an area.
Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options from 5 possibilities over these four categories:

• 1 magical ability
  • 1 special ability
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 area effect"
So when you added wrestling mastery you replaced poison, and you must have choosen something more then RC on it to not be able to add AI.
If your pets starts with no magic school you can always add that as an 4th last option after youve choose 3 of the other categories.
no i did not add anything RC was the first Special or magic ability

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to add AI before RC. Unfortunately once RC is chosen it removes the option to add special moves.
So RC can be added after AI? What About poisoning? I will be quite frank my beetle is my companion for my fel hunts. While my sampire does the champ i have my Tamer on a beetle hiding giving protection to my sampire. I was thinking About more pvp based. Not to kill more like defense

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks alot guys for the info...Here a small Info from me. It seems 500 str is the magic number to run at full Speed with your beetle when it is full loaded. I packed 1600 boards on my beetle and ran from Brit Bank to Yew nonstop

Thought i would give a littel Info myself

Barrelz

Visitor
thanks alot guys for the info...Here a small Info from me. It seems 500 str is the magic number to run at full Speed with your beetle when it is full loaded. I packed 1600 boards on my beetle and ran from Brit Bank to Yew nonstop

Thought i would give a littel Info myself
Check out the sticky thread Pet Training A-Z. They have a ton of good information including how to build certain pets like the giant beetle. If you want to add AI, RC, and Poisoning you need to do it in that exact order. I highly suggest checking out that sticky before you build any pets.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the sticky thread Pet Training A-Z. They have a ton of good information including how to build certain pets like the giant beetle. If you want to add AI, RC, and Poisoning you need to do it in that exact order. I highly suggest checking out that sticky before you build any pets.
thanks alot I will do just that!