• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Frost Dragon whats Best ?

DeBruce

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya,

im looking for a tool like pincos, a Pet Calculator or any Information to get an Rating for Frost Dragons.

Or did i have just look for high resist ?

let me know your experiences....thx

What people are looking for is:
430 str or close to
180 Dex for the extra 20% movement speed
And 207 total starting resists
250+ hp

If you manage all those you got a good drake

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He's asking about Dragons, not Drakes.

For Frost Dragons you are wanting:
1000 health
Near max physical (90 is cap)
Over 70 energy resist can be good too
over 120 wresting skill cap (over 125 and it's even more fantastic)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well he could mean the new Drake. I'm on a mini vacation so I can't do links very easily or I would have yesterday.

@DeBruce the cold drakes are similar. Can find those with over 120 wrestling and tactics. Start at 3 slots so you can add chivalry or other magic. Or customise them more.

DeBruce

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What people are looking for is:
430 str or close to
180 Dex for the extra 20% movement speed
And 207 total starting resists
250+ hp

If you manage all those you got a good drake
Yeah...i was asking for Dragons...but thanks for your info about Drakes too ! :)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Frost Dragon's only spawn with level 7 T-maps right? I imagine finding one with good stats would be quite the chore.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Frost Dragon's only spawn with level 7 T-maps right? I imagine finding one with good stats would be quite the chore.
Correct. We've tamed 100s of them in our attempt to collect one of each color. Finding high physical is pretty easy, even high physical and overcapped wrestling is fairly easy.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Actually they come with the display of over 120 cap, but you cannot actually gain above 120. Bleak has mentioned that this is just a display issue of a higher cap. The cap is indeed 120.
Yes. They are awesome beasts when hp 1000, wres 120 and parry 120. Also come in diff colors also cool. Good for proper resists mob, even though no regens and low fire. Still nice option for the players with limited funds to PS 120 pets. (me..lol).:)

DeBruce

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually they come with the display of over 120 cap, but you cannot actually gain above 120. Bleak has mentioned that this is just a display issue of a higher cap. The cap is indeed 120.
so all Skills above 120 are Sh*t ? So its only important to got 1000 hit points, high resist and skills upto 120 it doesnt matter if there stand 131,1 Wrestling or 120,5 Wrestling...it will be 120,0 Wrestling right ?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so all Skills above 120 are Sh*t ? So its only important to got 1000 hit points, high resist and skills upto 120 it doesnt matter if there stand 131,1 Wrestling or 120,5 Wrestling...it will be 120,0 Wrestling right ?
Sorry I was not more clear. I was replying to Parry being over 120.

Wrestling, Tactics, Resisting Spells and Magery can all be above 120 on a Frost Dragon. So if you see a cap of 127 wrestling on your Frost Dragon, it will actually achieve that.

You want as high of wrestling as you can get, as that determines the pet's hit or miss and to be hit or missed by the enemy

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sorry I was not more clear. I was replying to Parry being over 120.

Wrestling, Tactics, Resisting Spells and Magery can all be above 120 on a Frost Dragon. So if you see a cap of 127 wrestling on your Frost Dragon, it will actually achieve that.

You want as high of wrestling as you can get, as that determines the pet's hit or miss and to be hit or missed by the enemy
Khael, did you get any info back from the Devs, as to readjusting the Magery/Eval and Necro/SS point weight on the pets that have these? I keep hoping they might. Also hopefully is they do so, it will affect beneficially some legacy pets? Like Bane Dragon and Dreadhorse, and PP mare and PPWW's? That would be very sweet if/when it happens. I will keep my lecacies stabled till that happens..esp my poor baby Bane..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Khael, did you get any info back from the Devs, as to readjusting the Magery/Eval and Necro/SS point weight on the pets that have these? I keep hoping they might. Also hopefully is they do so, it will affect beneficially some legacy pets? Like Bane Dragon and Dreadhorse, and PP mare and PPWW's? That would be very sweet if/when it happens. I will keep my lecacies stabled till that happens..esp my poor baby Bane..
Was the answer you got back, maybe in a future update, maybe, or we will consider it etc.? Also if they had some timetable for this? Thanks..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
have not even brought it up, will be pretty busy into the new year.
You would be the best person in the game to bring it up to them, or at least the person you are most likely to get a response from. I know they have a lot on their table, but it may be nice so that we start some kind of conversation about it with them. Frankly, I would be anxious if anyone other that you talked to them due to the chance that something nasty may happen, like a nerf elsewhere, or not present the matter appropriately enough to be taken seriously. Please send them some type of message to these effects.
I (and most of us) greatly appreciate all your fantastic efforts for the game!:)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We don't have any special connection to the devs. We just test things and explain our findings.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
We don't have any special connection to the devs. We just test things and explain our findings.
I know that Khael. You must admit though you are the best one of us to explain things to them in a factual, real way and nicely. Best one to carry the message there because of these reasons. But my apologies if I . put you on the spot in any way. Just if and when you want to post the info to them.

Thanks again!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't be modest. You 2 know how to ask for stuff a lot more professionally than I do it.

I include things like, "stop sucking the fun out of UO" when I ask for stuff.