• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Discordance after publish 103 - is that a bad "joke" !?!

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fellow bards - please go out and test your discordance across water and tell me it's just me!

I only get "That is too far away" ...

Discordance_after_publish_103_01.jpg

[EDIT]It seems to be the same also on islands, on ships - no matter how close you are - tested on 3 different shards yet - Europa, Atlantic & Drachenfels[/EDIT]

Discordance_after_publish_103_02.jpg

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They put Discord in PvP. So it needs a path to the target.

I think this is the first time a PvP change affects PvM.

Glad my Disco dog is trained as high as I can endure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The OP is either a Tamer or he uses the same places as tamers do.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this was screwed up on Origin too.
i would be on a boat doing the Trade Quests and id get a ambush spawn.
id be able to disco the water ele's but i could not disco the Krakens or the deep sea monsters.
even if i placed the boat directly on top of them and had the loading ramps out and was standing on the ramps directly on top of the back of the beasts and i could literally HIT them with my boomstick i could not see them to hit them with disco.

so yeaaaaa, im so happy they put in a worthless change to Disco and wrecked the normal disco in the process!
happy happy joy joy!

guess ill just go play with a SW or Sampire or something for the next year or so until they accidentally fix it.
more likely they will fix something else and accidentally fix this new disco problem.
its kinda funny.
funny - sad not funny - haha.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mind you, it wasn't a Pvper asking for Discord to work in pvp even on the official forums none of the pvpers (I know to be pvpers) wanted it either.

devs trying to make Pvm skills useful in a pvp scenario perfect example of what not to do. - great skill gains though =D (for now)

Bards don't belong in pvp, If you want to pvp on a bard, get good with magery. That'll be enough.. it is for everyone else.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah what were they thinking? only the skillz I am good at or like should be relevant.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Mind you, it wasn't a Pvper asking for Discord to work in pvp even on the official forums none of the pvpers (I know to be pvpers) wanted it either.
I was getting pretty tired of the endless posts asking for whips myself.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The OP is either a Tamer or he uses the same places as tamers do.
Yes indeed Puwoin ... you should remember me from the tamer's forum ... and yes ... first pic shows my full bard on Drachenfels - where I also have a tamer and the 2nd pic shows my disco bard tamer on Atlantic ...

And here's my 3rd "gimplate" tamer on Europa, training a drake with Khaldun AL's who got released down in Shame while the event was still ongoing ...

Discordance_after_publish_103_03.jpg

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yes indeed - they enabled discord on other players ... the bard now also aggro's every target he / she has successfully discorded - even own pets but your 2nd sentence is utter BS!

This needs be fixed IMNSHO!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes indeed - they enabled discord on other players ... the bard now also aggro's every target he / she has successfully discorded - even own pets but your 2nd sentence is utter BS!

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic with the second sentance.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Reality is realty, as much as we don't like to call it.
Yep, this needs to change, as it affects PVM in a bad or 'different than so far' way, unless it is meant to be this way, by the devs.
**Uttermost nonsense?** Can you elaborate why that comment was nonsense?
@Pawain was spot on, and he called it for what it was : An add to the PVP armory, that changes both PVP and PVM, and it affects PVM negatively.
There are hundreds of PVM players that use barding and essentially zero PVP/PK variety players that have used it SO FAR. But NOW we just added it to PVP, we must make it work for PVP, so for everyone else that does not "PVP" : Too bad! Take it or leave it.
@Pawain had the b***s to call it. Most of us agree that this barding change F***NG Sucks!
This is a downgrade to barding overall, and decreases its range of use in the large number of players that use it. Unless they go back on it and change it.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"out of range" "to far away" & is 3 steps away over a small group of rocks or stream/river, what bs, great job of screwing with disco for the non-pvp community. Idiot move dev's

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

[EDIT]snipped ...[/(EDIT]
Reality is realty, as much as we don't like to call it.
Yep, this needs to change, as it affects PVM in a bad or 'different than so far' way, unless it is meant to be this way, by the devs.
**Uttermost nonsense?** Can you elaborate why that comment was nonsense?

[EDIT] ... SNIPPED [/EDIT]

@Pawain had the b***s to call it. Most of us agree that this barding change F***NG Sucks!
... snipped ...

No no culticus, the cuddly bear is often spot on but not with this 2nd sentence ... and it has also nothing to do with his bulls! It might have been sarcasm as another one had pointed out above but for me - it's BS and NOT **uttermost nonsense** - if you quote my posts, do NOT twiddle my words around like that (!) - "it" does NOT need a path to the target - "it" needs be fixed! Is that elaborated enough? Please don't answer ... it was meant as a "rhetorical question"!

"We" don't need "fanboys" in here, who just increase their own post count with such posts!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always fixing things that aint broke...

And things that need fixed, well... nevermind

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Gnoopey

Yes I was being sarcastic. I have complained more about PvP affecting PvM than anyone else.
Just felt redundant doing it again. And wanted to see if anyone noticed. :)

Im sorry, but I think they added path to Discord. You can prove or disprove if you like:
Surround yourBard with bagballs and try to discord something outside of the bagball prison.
If you can not discord it is because there is not valid path.
If you can, it is something else.

At least we will know what changed. And I doubt they will go back.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Gnoopey

Yes I was being sarcastic. I have complained more about PvP affecting PvM than anyone else.
Just felt redundant doing it again. And wanted to see if anyone noticed. :)

Im sorry, but I think they added path to Discord. You can prove or disprove if you like:
Surround yourBard with bagballs and try to discord something outside of the bagball prison.
If you can not discord it is because there is not valid path.
If you can, it is something else.

At least we will know what changed. And I doubt they will go back.
Yep we all agree here. There are many PVP changes that have affected PVM negatively. I would like to see how a PVP character can squeeze music and disco on and still be able to hold his/her salt in PVP with a template crammed up with mixed/matched skills as usually.
This ends Disco pet training for lots of people. Price of Disco 120 pets will probably skyrocket...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No no culticus, the cuddly bear is often spot on but not with this 2nd sentence ... and it has also nothing to do with his bulls! It might have been sarcasm as another one had pointed out above but for me - it's BS and NOT **uttermost nonsense** - if you quote my posts, do NOT twiddle my words around like that (!) - "it" does NOT need a path to the target - "it" needs be fixed! Is that elaborated enough? Please don't answer ... it was meant as a "rhetorical question"!

"We" don't need "fanboys" in here, who just increase their own post count with such posts!
Sorry maam, Did not mean to offend your sensitivities..
Its just us PVM bards are just unhappy with the change..Esp bard tamers..Aw well will see what comes out of this change. May be they will revert it? Dunno..

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to Discord a WW that was 4 tiles from me but he was "flying" so wasn't able to. Sorry but this change is total crap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried to Discord a WW that was 4 tiles from me but he was "flying" so wasn't able to. Sorry but this change is total crap.
@Gnoopey

Seems to be working as intended again.

Bug reports work. :thumbsup:

Last edited: