• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread mare color issue

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A friend was just telling me tonight that she has a problem with her dread. I didn't know this until tonight. So I thought I'd ask here and see anyone has any ideas how to get her dread back to a proper dread mare color.

Short back story, she bought this dread a while back and used her at Medusa a number of times. Her dread got hit by the color change bug at Medusa. So when they reverted the bugged pets back, it seems her dread got issued a nightmare color (pure actually).

Here are some pics. Her dread is really a dread, it does do the "trick" trick
In EC
dread ec.PNG

In CC
dread cc.PNG

And here, her dread is on the left while I have a pure mare park on the right. You can see there is no difference between the 2.
dread and mare.PNG

Anyone have any thoughts on if or how this can be fixed?

Caitlyn Snow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was under the assumption the pure black mare is the same color as default for the Dreadmare. I’m not seeing an issue here as long as the damage types don’t match (dread mare does poison damage) and the “trick” makes a smoke puff appear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In EC at lest mine.

A dread is jet black only color i have seen.

A nightmare is eather the color of the dread in the pic above or is void. It seems there are only two colors of mares in ec that i have noticted.

I would think that dread is buged. To me it looks like a reg EC nightmare.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dreads are a bit darker in CC then a nightmare. In EC, they are darker there too. Hopefully I can grab a picture of a dread in EC and CC that isn’t bugged. Might help shed a little more light on this.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Dreadmares are rehued Nightmares, just like Nightmares used to be rehued horses (this has since been changed by why really old nightmares look darker in enhanced client, almost dreadmare color, because they are double hued). The voidmares are essentially rehued nightmares too (Hue 1172, reflective black over the base color)

They have a overlay color of Hue 1175 (Charcoal) over the base Nightmare model (which is technically 1109, evil mage/shadow dancer black).

So what happened with her Dreadmare is that, the Medusa color REPLACED the hue overlay of the Hue 1175 with whatever the medusa color was, when it revered, it removed that hue overlay and became a Nightmare colored, because that was the base model.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks Khaelor, I’m guessing that means her dread will be that color going forward. She’s in the process of moving but told me when she gets time, she was going to page and see if it’s something that can be fixed.
If not, then it looks like she has a bit of an oddity, even if it’s something she’s not happy with, given she wanted a dread for the difference in color a dread is over a regular nightmare.