• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Keep Contest Picture Thread [Image Heavy] Open for discussion!

I like many of these that look like large manors.

Mine 239, 39, 8, and more.Something more than a cube, something you can actually live in.

I know the comunity likes storage, but these have character and style... and whoever did the 8bit art roof... thats awesome.
While a lot of these designs look pleasing to the eye, they lack functionality. I Know I don't want to live in a house I want to live in a keep/castle. why? Well because A) storage B) more space, not less C) Because its a keep or castle not a house. Lets face it the old keep/castle designs did not utilize their space very good at all and we as players get a chance to correct this but by turning the keep design into what you can already make an 18x18 into is not the answer. I honestly wish the devs would just let us design our own places... maybe one day they will but as it stands if any of the places you just mentioned win I won't use them because all my deco/items simply would not fit into space provided. I would place a castle but well yeah there are no spots right now or in the foreseeable future. I actually wish they would lift the no castle/keeps restriction in Malas. I play on Chesapeake and running through Malas there is a ton of empty space for as far as thee eye can see. There really is no reason to keep with this old rule set simply because the player base is not what it once was so why not make people who actually still play this game happy? Sorry about bouncing all over the place here just food for thought I suppose.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While a lot of these designs look pleasing to the eye, they lack functionality. I Know I don't want to live in a house I want to live in a keep/castle. why? Well because A) storage B) more space, not less C) Because its a keep or castle not a house. Lets face it the old keep/castle designs did not utilize their space very good at all and we as players get a chance to correct this but by turning the keep design into what you can already make an 18x18 into is not the answer. I honestly wish the devs would just let us design our own places... maybe one day they will but as it stands if any of the places you just mentioned win I won't use them because all my deco/items simply would not fit into space provided. I would place a castle but well yeah there are no spots right now or in the foreseeable future. I actually wish they would lift the no castle/keeps restriction in Malas. I play on Chesapeake and running through Malas there is a ton of empty space for as far as thee eye can see. There really is no reason to keep with this old rule set simply because the player base is not what it once was so why not make people who actually still play this game happy? Sorry about bouncing all over the place here just food for thought I suppose.
Please see my design #45 I tried my best to provide something you can use custom and have the look of the Keep with FAR more functionality.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While a lot of these designs look pleasing to the eye, they lack functionality. .
#51, #61 and #38 are some keeps with only one big room inside and easy to get to floors. These are not my designs and i don't know who made them, but i think they have what you might want and are pleasing to the eye, if you must have something that looks like a keep.

My top picks (not my designs, don't know owners) #21, #148, #68, #203, #29. I really loved 169 and 232 great job love your style. Now if anyone likes these kinds of houses, like i do, I have a longer list...

We get 6 keeps (i hope) not everyone will be happy, but we get to do this again and again

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My post was not a knock against peoples wants(please dont take it that way), but my preference on style. I would rather have something look nice, and be functuonal, than a large block. Others may want something different, and that is fine.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My post was not a knock against peoples wants(please dont take it that way), but my preference on style. I would rather have something look nice, and be functuonal, than a large block. Others may want something different, and that is fine.
We all want what we want. And we all want different things. Take a friend with you and comment to each other. OMG you will not find anything you both like. I only found 2 I like as much as my own. I liked neither of their wall choices.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Lol if the Devs needed a box they wouldn’t have a contest. Some of this stuff looks like someone spay painted a shoe box and dumped macaroni and too much glitter on it. You people know who you are!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:popcorn: I was going to make some comments but thought better of it Instead I will be positive and look forward to seeing the winning selections. :next:

Tori855

Visitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of my favorites so far is #169. The detail in the design is amazing and the water feature looks amazing in enhanced client. If a similar design had made it into the castle contest I would have voted for it and hoped it became available.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that was a bit of humour, knowing their was no #243.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can we get a condensed post with just the ones that made it through to this round?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It seems that if you didn't name the house before entering the contest the name is never updates, which is weird...

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It seems that if you didn't name the house before entering the contest the name is never updates, which is weird...
Ain't weird ... it's the EA way. I did note that "unnamed" ones did have a name, tho. Must have been after submission.

ADDED: Unnamed name changes:
#10 - Gordon Manor House

#11 - Move all interior walls as you like

#13 - still an unnamed unit

#15 - Open Houze

#17 - Oceania Keep

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think most people assumed if it updated the design while the contest ran and you made changes then it would also do the name, but it seems not. I guess we all know for next time!

Ducan IronWeaver

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So many meh ones in the top 20, a little dissapointing.. So many of these are just cubes with nothing really to them..
I thought #21 was a great one, sad it didnt make it...