• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About tick or T, how?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all
Back to UO after 1 year, i dont remember how it work, what i have to say and at Who ?
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot and miss you all :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all
Back to UO after 1 year, i dont remember how it work, what i have to say and at Who ?
Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot and miss you all :)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Say trick or treat and you get a targeting reticle, you then target just about any NPC in a town. you get a trick or a treat. if the NPC doesn't allow trick or treating, you get a message like "that person doesn't have any candy" don't remember the exact message though.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
need some info, i'm lost :(
(maybe i'll need more....i just start playing uo after some years....)

where is kaldun champ spawn on trammel side?
why there is no more red monster on graveyards to get carving kits?

thx :)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i find only fellucca info so, thx for the info :)
and now its time to try it!
.....if the event is still active

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Graveyard stuff (butchers and named skeletons) have almost always ended with server-up on November 1. One year there was massive bugs early on, so it got extended to the winter holiday publish in mid-November, but otherwise it was pretty finite.

Trick or Treating, in the past, had a bad tendency to end EARLY, as in Midnight UNIVERSAL(GMT) Time Halloween night, even on the Pacific West Coast shards (it was really crappy being ToT at 8 PM Eastern,/5 PM Pacific, and having it shut off while you still had REAL Trick or Treaters showing up at your front door). This year, however, apparently they listened to our complaints, and are allowing it to run the same length as the Khaldun event. I just went out trick or treating some more this weekend, and got another of the classic (clear) crystal skulls.

The stuff in the Trammel Khaldun will last until the end of the month, though the end of the "Treasures of" events have been variable in the past (most were meant to end around halloween, but got extended - this year they just made the extension part of it from the start)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
need some info, i'm lost :(
(maybe i'll need more....i just start playing uo after some years....)

where is kaldun champ spawn on trammel side?
why there is no more red monster on graveyards to get carving kits?

thx :)
What shard do you not hear about Khaldun in General Chat?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The Graveyard stuff (butchers and named skeletons) have almost always ended with server-up on November 1. One year there was massive bugs early on, so it got extended to the winter holiday publish in mid-November, but otherwise it was pretty finite.

Trick or Treating, in the past, had a bad tendency to end EARLY, as in Midnight UNIVERSAL(GMT) Time Halloween night, even on the Pacific West Coast shards (it was really crappy being ToT at 8 PM Eastern,/5 PM Pacific, and having it shut off while you still had REAL Trick or Treaters showing up at your front door). This year, however, apparently they listened to our complaints, and are allowing it to run the same length as the Khaldun event. I just went out trick or treating some more this weekend, and got another of the classic (clear) crystal skulls.

The stuff in the Trammel Khaldun will last until the end of the month, though the end of the "Treasures of" events have been variable in the past (most were meant to end around halloween, but got extended - this year they just made the extension part of it from the start)
But you need begging for ToT also? And high luck suit?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I’ve never noticed luck make a difference, not to say it doesn’t. Think luck is monster drops, chest loot, etc,... not ToT stuff. Please correct me if wrong.

Begging skill seems the determining factor.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard do you not hear about Khaldun in General Chat?
i play on Atlantic, from begining but closed and reopen the account 2 times, last some weeks ago, so i stll have to realize whats is going on!
Anyway thx you all for the info :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But you need begging for ToT also? And high luck suit?
I've never seen luck play a role in ToT.

And, Begging (specifically GM Begging) is required ONLY for the new items each year. You can get all the previous years' special items with low or no begging.

For example, currently you need GM Begging to get the ToT rares introduced in 2018. The ToT rares you could get in previous years do not require begging, though there is a higher chance of a rare drop with begging skill (especially GM). So, if you needed GM Begging to get that item in 2017 or 2012, you do not need GM begging to get it as a rare drop in 2018 (and you could have got the 2012 items without GM begging in 2013-2017 as well).

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen luck play a role in ToT.

And, Begging (specifically GM Begging) is required ONLY for the new items each year. You can get all the previous years' special items with low or no begging.

For example, currently you need GM Begging to get the ToT rares introduced in 2018. The ToT rares you could get in previous years do not require begging, though there is a higher chance of a rare drop with begging skill (especially GM). So, if you needed GM Begging to get that item in 2017 or 2012, you do not need GM begging to get it as a rare drop in 2018 (and you could have got the 2012 items without GM begging in 2013-2017 as well).
where is best place to use begging??

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
where is best place to use begging??
Doesn't matter it's not based on any sort of "difficulty" level like other skills the only thing you can do to gain in Begging is to use the skill ... I suggest any place that has a high population of NPCs... Wind, Cove, Tokuno, any city or town... just beg off every NPC you see... gains are painfully slow... no matter where or from what NPC you beg... as there is no "higher" difficulty they are all the same...

Otherwise, buy pinks they are often cheap except this time of year...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Remember that you can't gain begging from trick or treating, and don't get the ToT items from begging.

Begging in most areas get you gold.

Begging in Heartwood gets items with an "acquired by begging" tag. There are common and rare items from the begging process.

For trick or treating, any place where you can put together a route to hit as many people as possible in 1 minute+, and end up where you started, is good.

I like Heartwood, because there's about 50 NPCs there, and it takes over a minute to go around it (start at the gate, go down, go to the wine tenders, trinket weavers and bark weavers, then the bowcrafters and NPCs to south, up through the thaumaturgists up to the spellweaving NPCs, then the healers and their neighbors, smith & tailor NPCs, finishing with the 4 NPCs around the gazebo - run to the gate to start the cycle again). As you get teleported to moongates by evil twins you'll want a rune back to your start point, so you can get back immediately and skip ahead to where you left off (or just start from the beginning again).

The most simple macro is one to say "trick or treat", then when the targeting cursor appears, click an NPC. More sophisticated macros can do the targeting, with the issues that can come from that (you have to move around, and some macro versions might try targeting the same NPC over and over).