• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cultist's Ritual Tome - Undead Slayer - Rare?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I'd risk 50 cult items on a Cultist spellbook to see if i got a usable (in Khaldun) random slayer and got an Undead slayer. Is this a rare one to get and if so any idea on its worth?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not really. I have turned in for 15 books and had 3 undead. I dont think any are rarer then any others just random. I know people getting multiple of each slayer, regular and super, so not hard to get a full set.
Not sure what shard your on but 50M or under is what they have been selling on ATL depending on slayer.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I always check Atlantic for a rule of thumb on prices. Then cut them in half or lower for Legends lol. But I'd say that's a desirable one. Especially over a say a troll or lizardman slayer. I've seen them for 175 million which I'd think would be a hard sell. I'd think 60 million it would sell pretty quick. So somewhere between there lol. Naturally the earlier in the event you get the best prices. After the event it's just a collectors item and the need for one will drop with most people. In general the rares market seems to have tanked and I know I certainly can't get the prices I once got. I tend to go with a quick sale over people thinking I'm an over priced rip off. But if you want to sell it do it as soon as possible. On Atlantic I'd probably put 50-75 mill on it and see what happened. If it sold fast well 75 mill is a nice piece of change. If it didn't move in a couple days I'd start dropping it. Might try throwing some high numbers in chat and see if anyone bites.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always check Atlantic for a rule of thumb on prices. Then cut them in half or lower for Legends lol. But I'd say that's a desirable one. Especially over a say a troll or lizardman slayer. I've seen them for 175 million which I'd think would be a hard sell. I'd think 60 million it would sell pretty quick. So somewhere between there lol. Naturally the earlier in the event you get the best prices. After the event it's just a collectors item and the need for one will drop with most people. In general the rares market seems to have tanked and I know I certainly can't get the prices I once got. I tend to go with a quick sale over people thinking I'm an over priced rip off. But if you want to sell it do it as soon as possible. On Atlantic I'd probably put 50-75 mill on it and see what happened. If it sold fast well 75 mill is a nice piece of change. If it didn't move in a couple days I'd start dropping it. Might try throwing some high numbers in chat and see if anyone bites.

As more and more people leave the game, rares will become less valuable, just because there are less people collecting lol. And before anyone wants to argue, anytime Atl has a tower spot stay open for over a week, you know your population is waning...just my opinion

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
As more and more people leave the game, rares will become less valuable, just because there are less people collecting lol. And before anyone wants to argue, anytime Atl has a tower spot stay open for over a week, you know your population is waning...just my opinion
Well I agree with all that. But also there's really a pretty large overstock of "rares". With most shards dropping a new item every week there's a whole lot of rares being generated. Now just being an EM drop doesn't mean much unless it's got some really cool deco appeal. Cause we rares collectors like to display stuff. Doesn't matter if it's rare if it looks just like a lot of other stuff already in the game. Collectors are getting much more picky. So now I tend to specialize. I like stuff from Legends, Trinsic, library related or has a unique look that immediately says this is different and I have a place to put it. Plus how many times have we seen something that's 175 mill this week, 100 mill next week, then 20 mill a month or 2 later? By the time an item hits a reasonable price point I often don't care about it anymore. But yes it does revolve around demand and that is directly effected by population. PS Congrats on getting the attention of the Ghods and actually getting a response from them :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah they responded, maybe something will come of it besides messing with stuff that aint broke lol

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is there a list of possible slayer drops on the cultist spellbook?

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I got a fey and the books look like invasion books I assume they are using that slayer list that also includes wolf/bat/bear/mage/ice/fire so on.