• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming/Lore skill control question

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How much taming/lore skill do you need for max/100% control per slot now?

for a 2 slot pet
3 slot
4 slot
5 slot

?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pet types differ too much for specific skill at a slot. You need 108 Minimum for 5 slot. Thats as high as it goes.

Recommend 110 and lots of pet snacks.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not really based on follower slots.

It's more so dependent on the type of pet which always has the same required taming level

Anything that has undergone "training" (increased from X folowers to X+1 or more) automatically requires 108.0 taming regardless of how many follower slots the pet takes on the animal lore gump.

so unless you want to use some "useless" pets you're going to want to be as close to 120 as possible.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Total of 230 between the two skills give full control (99%) of all critters

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also 120 Taming, Lore, and VET make a difference in the number of pet stalls you get, whether its real skill or with rings and items by the way.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the very little testing I did it seemed to follow how trained the pet was. Like there was a case where it aooewred I had Max control in the 85/85 range of a trained 2 slot. I just dunno what they are.

Basically I'm trying to find if there is a viable pet to use, at a certain trained level, with a lesser amount of skill say like 90/90 or something.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the very little testing I did it seemed to follow how trained the pet was. Like there was a case where it aooewred I had Max control in the 85/85 range of a trained 2 slot. I just dunno what they are.

Basically I'm trying to find if there is a viable pet to use, at a certain trained level, with a lesser amount of skill say like 90/90 or something.
Are you looking for a tank or DPS?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Take a vollum to test center many times. That is the only pet that reacts slow with increases. But you have to do a lot of experimenting. Do not do any choice more than once.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello face meet palm, i'll just have to go work it out myself. Does test still have the pet training gates?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello face meet palm, i'll just have to go work it out myself. Does test still have the pet training gates?
Trust me, we tried to get a decent pet with 80 required taming. They go up really fast.

Vollums are the only ones that go slow. Once you get what you think you want. Build one without adding anything twice. Example: If you want 400HP do that at one time. Do not set to 350 then 400. It adds taming Requirement for each time.

Yup the gates are there.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It depends on the starting control slot of the pet and how you go about training it. Slot really doesn't matter.

Here are the key facts:
  • Every time you train a pet, you increase the control difficulty by 2.4. It doesn't matter if you gave it 1 str or 500 str. Everytime you "apply" any stat/skill change to the pet, the control difficulty goes up by 2.4.
  • Every time a pet increases in control slots, the control difficulty will increase by 21.2 (it's actually 18.8, but the 2.4 from training it is lumped into that number because you have to apply training to get it to increase in control slots)
  • The Vollem levels slow because it starts with a negative control difficulty, giving you lots to work with
So if you want to maximize your pet for a certain control chance, you need to carefully plan out your spec and "apply" training as little as possible.

However, as was mentioned above, it will be fairly difficult to make a pet that remains low control difficulty unless you make sacrifices. Giving your pet resists, str, dex, stam, and base damage would increase its base control difficulty by 40.4 with just adding those alone.

Edit:
If you want to know what Taming/Lore you will need for various control difficulty, see my post here which provides the control chance formula: Beetle Control Chance

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to be at 120 lore and 105 taming u got 99% chance control over everything in the game. When u want to actively tame your pet just throw on a +15% taming ring or bracelet imbued w/ whatever your temp needs to get the job done,

Switch back to normal when done. Invest points in other skills. Unless ur going for the title, no need for 120 taming. As for lower lvl pets - I’d also b interested if u find viable alternatives. Good luck in the quest plez share findings ! :scholar: