• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What is the purpose of "Potion of Glorious Fortune"??

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should i spend 200 sovereigns for this potion?
How does it works?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's more pay-to-win. Pay 2 dollars for, I think, it is 6 hours of an increased chance of getting a drop in Khaldun. Nothing I've read says guaranteed, just increased chances. They gotta make some coin somehow, reckon we better get used to it

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well you can get one for free on each account you have -
go the Lost Lands Khaldun Encampent & Look for the Generous Alchemist there-
those are 1 per account .. & shard bound ..
good only for the character that cliked on the NPC & got the potion ..
These are good for 1 hour & "provides a 50% bonus to all Khaldun dungeon points:

The ones you buy from the UO store = anyone can use .. that's why when you see them ion a vendor they just say shard bound

but what you want to spend you money on , is your choice :cheerleader:

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks 4 the information. BS is as usual very short in their descriptions.
Useless stuff for me.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They either need to increase the time on the potion or decrease the time of popping the alter. With the Potions you may have time to finish 2 spawns which is a waste of a good potion... Or Brilliant marketing to make us buy 10+ for the day.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's more pay-to-win. Pay 2 dollars for, I think, it is 6 hours of an increased chance of getting a drop in Khaldun. Nothing I've read says guaranteed, just increased chances. They gotta make some coin somehow, reckon we better get used to it
Your math is bad.

3600 seconds = 1 hour

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't realize that you get one free from the alchemist, thought I had gotten it as a champ drop (but had clicked on the alchy earlier in the day and said no when it was 200 sov.). I used it and got 19 drops in the hour when I get 7-8/hr normally

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got 5 drops on Tamer in 15-20 minus - usually get 1-2... . i believe free potion can be used by any char for my Crafter got it and gave to Tamer to use. Sure hope so, because my cook got th eother free one...

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wonder if it will help a Khaldun crate thief acquire Cult drops, paintings, relics, or ingredients too?

day 1 & 2 i was getting 20+/hr. After the maintenance on the 3rd, they magically made it so I now only get 5-10/hr. But now I can have a potion to boost my drops back to 20+?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
14 drops with the bloody potion in an hour, a very laggy, buggy experience at the spawn with client crashes and trouble logging in.
I am starting to seriously wonder why I still bother with this.
This team killed pretty much all the fun the game had.

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonder why they cant just tell you how long the potion lasts in the store ? i have to research it to find out

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I got 5 drops on Tamer in 15-20 minus - usually get 1-2... . i believe free potion can be used by any char for my Crafter got it and gave to Tamer to use. Sure hope so, because my cook got th eother free one...
Cool..Every char in the account can get one? Or you have multiple accounts?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
14 drops with the bloody potion in an hour, a very laggy, buggy experience at the spawn with client crashes and trouble logging in.
I am starting to seriously wonder why I still bother with this.
This team killed pretty much all the fun the game had.
Now now you want some challenge right? (Joking..)

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have seen the ones with the name for sale. So will be a deco item

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I meant that you can do it on other shards too. I plan on doing it on Atlantic too. I'm just not sure if I plan on using the one on Sonoma. The drop rate is too low for me to use it. I'd rather have it for Deco

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone used this potion and did the hidden chests? Im thinking about trying it to see what happens. All the potion says is 50% increase to Khaldun Dungeon Points. Do the Hidden Chests run on a point system?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Has anyone used this potion and did the hidden chests? Im thinking about trying it to see what happens. All the potion says is 50% increase to Khaldun Dungeon Points. Do the Hidden Chests run on a point system?
I did and got an astounding amount of 2 cult items out of chests while it was active.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did and got an astounding amount of 2 cult items out of chests while it was active.
Yea I just tried it and got 3 cult items. The drop rate has diffently been decreased. I use to get at least 20 just in the chests. I was hoping the potion would help with the spawning of Relics.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think I'll use the potion as a decoration item, unless they fix the drop rate..The drop rate should factor in not only if you kill 1000000 monsters in there (as a sampire of course), but also the time you spend there. That would give a bone to poor archers and tamers, also thieves/lockpickers. They should boost the rate up. The rewards, the Al Ankur mask and the belt are not exactly super useful. Mask sucks to begin with, and so what if I lose my 500 bandies to dying? I got get another 500 or more cheaply in a flash by cutting cloth..The other rewards are even worse.
I think will not turn in the drops, just keep as deco, and maybe sell later to collectors..lol.
But I keep playing in there for the costumes some maps and for the challenge of it for fun.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Another great opportunity to make a pain in the arse event more rewarding and more attended is lost again for the X'th time...
They could have 110's PS as rewards..(and not for useless specs this time). In Tram Khaldun. Not 120 and only in PK land..( Ooooh bad words, I know..)
and/or some useful armor, some legendary items..? Shiny deco items with unusual colors? Rare dyes?

*Hides quietly under a table to avoid possible thrown smelly vegies and items fermented to different degrees**