• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silly question #2525

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So I have an Elf Ninja Stealher, not used for years, no stealing, lockpick to 100, and can stone magery 90-100 on.
Can I do boxing in the Khaldoun without detect hidden? If not what is the minimum detect hidden needed to even see the boxes?
Also to do the gumshoe quest detect hidden is needed and also forensic evaluation?
Thanks in advance..

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You need DH to reveal the boxes. Not sure what the minimum requirement is though.

As for the Gumshoe quest, you do not have to have the skill but you have to actively use the skills when needed. But 0 skill will do in the quest.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I have an Elf Ninja Stealher, not used for years, no stealing, lockpick to 100, and can stone magery 90-100 on.
Can I do boxing in the Khaldoun without detect hidden? If not what is the minimum detect hidden needed to even see the boxes?
Also to do the gumshoe quest detect hidden is needed and also forensic evaluation?
Thanks in advance..
If you have an empty slot to create a character, just make one with 50 detect hidden and stone it onto the stealth archer. you will fail a bit at first but if you keep at it the skill will raise. i did the koatl event like this and the detect was 78 by the end. it is now 90-ish.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, you don't need DH to do the PUZZLE boxes down there. The event has made 90%+ of the chests and CRATES in Khaldun puzzle chests, and so far they've had the same (if not better) contents for me than the hidden boxes. So far, my cult item rate has been 20% from killing stuff, 40% from hidden boxes, 40% from puzzle boxes. However, as I've not found a stealable yet in either type of container (hidden or puzzle), I don't know if the stealables occur in them like the hidden boxes.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You need DH to reveal the boxes. Not sure what the minimum requirement is though.

As for the Gumshoe quest, you do not have to have the skill but you have to actively use the skills when needed. But 0 skill will do in the quest.
So in the crypt in Brit GY, you use forensic evaluation to reveal the trap door, or DH? Cannot get over that part lol. So cannot see the trap door and blurt "Boreas" hehe..

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So in the crypt in Brit GY, you use forensic evaluation to reveal the trap door, or DH? Cannot get over that part lol. So cannot see the trap door and blurt "Boreas" hehe..
You use DH to reveal it and then FE on it.