• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WTB! Can't Steal Hydros Relic

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was doing puzzle boxes on Luc and opened one with a Hydros.. I ran and got my thief, party them up and tried to steal the relic. I you can't steal that. I couldn't pick it up or steal it on luc either. Luc has no stealing so i expect you don't have the skill. I then noticed the box weigh 256 stones.. WTB..

I tested on another chest and Auto can play in being party like Treasure Chests.

Is this normal did i hit a friggin glitch???

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I got on my sis's thief to try again on the down stairs computer while sis took over my tamer on my laptop. He was able to steal the relic using Stealing Skill. We had paged a GM but there hadn't been any direct response. I'm going to guess maybe the GM unstuck it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As Kojak said - the chest (and that includes the puzzle chests!) can relock on you at any time, and you have to re-pick it, even if you have the chest open at the time. A real pain in the ass. At least you can then pick the "puzzle" chest to open it back up if it locks on you, as long as it hasn't done a full reset.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As Kojak said - the chest (and that includes the puzzle chests!) can relock on you at any time, and you have to re-pick it, even if you have the chest open at the time. A real pain in the ass. At least you can then pick the "puzzle" chest to open it back up if it locks on you, as long as it hasn't done a full reset.
That wasn't the problem. The problem was I was getting message you can't steal this plus it weighted 200 stones. I got it on both Luc and sis's theif. It was only after I paged a GM I was able to steal it. IT had done a FULL RESET. I know how to do testing. Also there was a noticeable lag and freeze while it was stuck. After it became unstuck the lag and freezing vanished. So I think is safe to assume the GM did something. I also think it safe to say someone was running an illegal 3rd program.

It's okay I KNOW sis and I don't sit at the "COOL KIDS TABLE" with the Devs like the other 99% of old time vets. I can live with that but I can't live with a game being broken by cheats, scripts and hacks.

I can now say having a BACHELORS DEGREE in IT Networking that a good bit of the problems with UO are packet corruption due to hacks/scripts/cheats etc. I'm sure your all gonna pile on and say I don't know nothing, and my degree is BS. Some will probably make snotty comments like I got my degree at DeVry or ITT Tech. You can't hurt me. I know the work I did. I know my stuff. I would say that 99.9% of those nasty people are the RMTers, Rares people, and those that are sitting on their butts making income from UO that aren't paying taxes on said income.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
someone is seeing black helicopters.
Actually I see em everyday, they'e Blackhawks. Army's Copter repair depot is 7 minutes from my house. Them I don't mind. !!#$%^%## low flying green banana Chinooks shake the house and those I mind! Can't they fly any higher? Ugly-butt flying green bananas!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Actually I see em everyday, they'e Blackhawks. Army's Copter repair depot is 7 minutes from my house. Them I don't mind. !!#$%^%## low flying green banana Chinooks shake the house and those I mind! Can't they fly any higher? Ugly-butt flying green bananas!
I lived by a base and behind my house was a large field many years ago. The base flew the training planes over all the time.
On night I heard a helicopter really close to my house. Then a Bright light came on and the helicopter flew away fast. Im guessing they were using an old night vision system to fly and they messed up.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lived by a base and behind my house was a large field many years ago. The base flew the training planes over all the time.
On night I heard a helicopter really close to my house. Then a Bright light came on and the helicopter flew away fast. Im guessing they were using an old night vision system to fly and they messed up.
upload_2018-10-13_16-29-20.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah try living in a trailer with those things flying over real low..... sounded like they were coming through the roof.... was horrible...

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try living on the flight path coming out of Whiteman AFB! You only hear stealth bombers once they pass over head and their sound is far from stealthy!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those blackhawks are pretty quiet. I live near the base where all of them are sent for repairs & service. They're pretty damn kewl :)